02-27-14 07:23 AM
1,244 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    I see is more unhappy ppl than happy with leaks.

So no more leaked from me and no trouble. To user

EOT

Posted via CB10
    PLEASE don't let the ignorance of a few spoil the enjoyment of the most.
    05-04-13 12:33 PM
    IBFE please continue your great work.
    Use my Z10 for business and was heavily affected by the smtp send error in original OS. Already thought I had to return my Z10 as I need to send attachments from my work account very often.
    Thanks to you I was able to keep the gorgeous Z10.

Also, as I stated in the other thread, 1627 works perfectly for me. Did a security wipe and fresh install, no backup - > all fine and smooth.

Thanks!
    05-04-13 12:33 PM
    Everything back to normal. Kinda missing the 10.1 features but after one day of no data, I was like a fish out of water. Thanks again man.

via z10 on cb10...
    You're welcome. Hope we get official 10.1 soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:42 PM
    For me Facebook did not work.
    05-04-13 12:48 PM
    [QUOTE=ubizmo;8422789The autoloader didn't work. It just went into a cycle of resetting the Z10 and doing nothing else.
    [/QUOTE]

Update: I decided this must be a computer issue, so I ran CCleaner and tried again. This time it worked. You just never know what junk can gum up the works.

All is looking good at this point.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:52 PM
    Mine is working just find. Try it again with the fb reset. It should work.

Posted via CB10
    I think it has to do with Instagram releasing May 4th version which prevent FB reset and even with the latest APK converted to Bar will not work as well.... it will state incompatible camera etc.
    05-04-13 01:00 PM
    Guys I've honestly searched this thread and can't seem to find the answer - if you're doing a fresh install without restoring a backup, how do you get your old contacts back? Cheers!
    05-04-13 01:02 PM
    Guys I've honestly searched this thread and can't seem to find the answer - if you're doing a fresh install without restoring a backup, how do you get your old contacts back? Cheers!
    Sync either to your sim card or a cloud service than restore from sim or cloud

Posted via CB10
    yueytan likes this.
    05-04-13 01:07 PM
    thanks mate!
    05-04-13 01:17 PM
    To the people who work hard on these leaks, I thank you, while I did have some issues with the other leaks this one I gave a little more time to settle in, just like when I first got the device, maps did brick my phone twice when I tried opening it? And my only option was to pull the battery as nothing responded and waiting for it to load the battery just kept getting hotter! But having it installed for a few days I must say I am impressed, battery life for me is about the same (average)

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 01:28 PM
    Sync either to your sim card or a cloud service than restore from sim or cloud

Posted via CB10
    Kris, out of curiosity what cloud service do you use?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 01:45 PM
    Hey guys,

I saw a thread some days ago. There was discussed which things are not the cause of the random reboots. They made a list on the first post as a overview of proven things such as SD and android ports...

I can't find it again.
    Could you help me?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 02:00 PM
    Kris, out of curiosity what cloud service do you use?

Posted via CB10
    Try intouchapp in BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 02:01 PM
    I'm not sure about what people lbfe is talking about but I hope he knows that just because people are listing their problems with this leak, does NOT mean they aren't grateful. I'm grateful. I am just listing my findings.
    ubizmo likes this.
    05-04-13 02:44 PM
    Contrary to most findings, my z has never been better. 1483 was a real shocker for me.

New leaks for the weekend lbfe?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Sator likes this.
    05-04-13 02:55 PM
    Try intouchapp in BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    Tried it, but for some reason it doesn't detect any of my contacts. Deleted it.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 03:09 PM
    lbfe just to let you know that this 10.1 is so much better than any 'official' 10.0.x... Thanks for sharing! Can't understand all these 'have to downgrade' postings at all. The keyboard alone has been so much improved over 10.0.x. I'm on a carrier which will never release anything as they do not offer BB10 at all. Your autoloaders are the only way to benefit from OS developments. Keep up the good work and again thanks for the best Z10 OS so far.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 03:18 PM
    There is a sms bug where you read a message and it won't mark as read. I have to delete the whole message. Only bug I've had thus far.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 03:26 PM
    As well as my bbm contacts show their original name in the hub. I had changed the to what I want In Bbm but when I go to the hub they show as the name that the contact set.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 03:30 PM
    I agree with all the other posters about lbfe's contributions here. He has done a great job with the leaks.

My 10.1.0.1627 is working beautifully now, so well, in fact, that at this point I can't see any reason to go through the laborious process again of loading another leak--I'll wait until AT&T comes out with its official OTA version.

I did follow the suggested procedure from several pages back--I forget who gave the explicit instructions--of loading the leaked OS, then restoring all the apps from BB World and not restoring the App Data, but restoring the Settings after everything else was done. This caused me to have to re-register and configure a number of the apps, of course, but there must have been a lot of "bloat" from 10.0 and the earlier 1483 leak, because the subsequent backup of the App Data in Link was a lot smaller than the backup I had had from 1483. I think this method avoids corruption. And I was again able to access Application Permissions, something I couldn't do before.

The only problem I've had has been with my Contacts, the duplicates, etc., and may have been left over from previous OS versions. But I've gone through the Contacts manually and saved them to my SD card with Contact-x and also to the SIM card.

In short, for me, the only improvement I'm now needing is in Android Runtime so that I can run some Android side loads that currently don't work at all. I can wait for the OTA on that one and just start using the Z10 rather than spending so much time in upgrading it. I'll go back to leaks when 10.2 is on the horizon.
    danfrancisco likes this.
    05-04-13 03:35 PM
    hi, everyone
    I dont post often, as i am normally able to find the answers im looking for.
    Now, that being said, ive been looking for a reason to install this leak to no avail.
    I cant for the life of me, find any post stating any improvements over the previous leak.
    can someone please post a list of positive findings or improvements. I must have missed something.
    Thanks.
    05-04-13 03:54 PM
    hi, everyone
    Now, that being said, ive been looking for a reason to install this leak to no avail.
    I cant for the life of me, find any post stating any improvements over the previous leak.
    can someone please post a list of positive findings or improvements. I must have missed something.
    Thanks.
    Well for me personally I had issues with notifcations on the 2nd leak, the issues with the first leak were my fault, with this leak I have not had too many issues only maps loading, I have noticed an improvement in speed of the browser and the whole os overall, while I did have an improvement with the 2nd leak I had the notifcations issue that I could not resolve, maybe reloading the leak would of helped? I dont know, I didnt have the luxury of time to find out

Posted via CB10
    soojin123 likes this.
    05-04-13 04:13 PM
    ok, i have been using this leaked version for quite awhile now.

after cleaning the SDcard from .dat and .ini files my z10 hasnt been random rebooting ever since.
    Clean installation, no restore. no duplicated contacts.

but i encountered something weird. it looks like when i put music on play my battery gets boosted and stays for longer, dont know how.

first picture is with music on, second picture is when i close the music.
    Attached Thumbnails Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1627 for z10 stl100-1,2,3-img_00000001.jpg   Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1627 for z10 stl100-1,2,3-img_00000003.jpg  
    05-04-13 05:19 PM
    hi, everyone
    Thanks.
    Good question. I don't know what, if any, /major/ or even noticeable improvements are in 1627 over the previous leak.

For me, as I discussed in a previous post, it was a chance to upgrade and install 10.1 "cleanly," that is, not a security wipe, because the leak install process does a wipe anyway, but the opportunity to reinstall all the apps from BB World and getting rid of any of the corrupting stuff present from the apps backup that was continued over from when I had 10.0. The size of the apps data backup /after/ installing this current leak, and all the apps cleanly from BB World, was about 2/3 the size of the old backup, with exactly the same apps. Some of this reduction had to do with the lack of app data from the newly installed apps, but I suspect some had to do with getting rid of left over stuff from previous OS installations.

I think the problems I still had with the Contacts were left over from before, as I did restore the settings to get back some basic data, and since cleaning them up manually everything seems to be working very well with the apps I use.

For those waiting for the OTA update of 10.1 from your carrier, but who have never done a clean install of 10.1 from a leak, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to back up everything, wipe the BB, install the official 10.1 OS, restore all apps from BB World, and restore only the media and the settings from the backup.

Maybe one of the techier people here would comment on that suggestion.
    05-04-13 08:01 PM
    I have no issues with this leak. It was laggy at first. 3 -4 reboots fixed it. Battery life is amazing (heavy user here). Facebook notifications are back. Whatsapp works. Whatsapp is in the hub now. No problems with my apps. Had to side load apps again. Side loading is faster and apps r much smooth. I highly recommend this leak over the stock os.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 10:27 PM
1,244 ... 3536373839 ...