02-27-14 07:23 AM
1,244 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    Hi when searching from the hub. Search results dont show any text message from the result. I can see only email and whats app after searching . Im not sure if its also the same from the 10.0. Can somebody confirm?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 05:46 PM
    Rogers is the same I believe they screwed up their coding when rewiring for the Q10

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure it will be fully ready for the official release of the z10.1

Posted via CB10

Edit : i found a way out!!

If you scroll through the little space available in the "scroped" screen you can See the information. Only two lines at the time but at least i can get the information i need.
    05-03-13 05:49 PM
    No, that doesn't suprise me, there seems to be a lot of inconsistency in people's experiences...I have loaded previous leaks without much of a problem, this time around has been a nightmare....risk you take I guess...

I just want them to fix this 'heating up' issue that i have. Every now and then the device will start to get really hot and I'll notice the battery life start to dwindle very rapidly. Something is missfiring in the background and causing the processor to go hot as if it's in heavy use....happens on average once a day and I have to restart...
    when the phone gets warm or hot check your available RAM on the About page, there is some process running to reaim back the used memory back to the reserve mode. it happens from time to time and sometimes it might invoke getting the phone to be warm or hot.

I'm waiting for my carrier to push the official OS hence I'm just an observer here. still on the 10.0.10 OS. but from my experience, when the phone gets warm, it reclaims back my available RAM by 50-100MB. but I think BBRY should also build something like a task killer like that for BB10. that will make a difference.
    05-03-13 06:07 PM
    It was leaked for the STL100-1 as well. Here is the link: Leaked OS 10.0.10.648 for the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha | CrackBerry.com

The STL100-3 leak can't work on the STL100-1. The phones have different chipsets.
    you is ah boss!!! thanks a million man.
    05-03-13 06:11 PM
    To those with random reboots, using your pc enable hidden files and explore your device sdcard and delete any files with extensions .dat and .ini (specially this ones).

The .dat files are recreated after a device reboot the .ini files shouldn't be there at all.

If you have a spare sdcard format it with the device and use it for a few days to see if you get any reboots at all

Posted via CB10
    Interesting... Is there a write-up on this anywhere?
    05-03-13 07:47 PM
    Pretty sure it will be fully ready for the official release of the z10.1

Posted via CB10

Edit : i found a way out!!

If you scroll through the little space available in the "scroped" screen you can See the information. Only two lines at the time but at least i can get the information i need.
    Yea sorry guess I shouldve mentioned that lol

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 07:52 PM
    Keyboard sound and Pop ups work for me! So far everything works, had some issues with apps starting like maps bricked my phone twice, I had to pull the battery as it was getting really hot, the 3rd time it started with no problems, so far so good for me
    Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1627 for z10 stl100-1,2,3-img_00000245.png

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 07:56 PM
    Installed this leak on my STL 100-3. Feels snappier and love the new cursor bubble. But I'm definitely noticing a significant decrease in battery performance. I was averaging around 20 hours on 10.0.10.116 but now am barely getting 12! It's only been 48 hours since I installed it so I'm hoping maybe the OS still needs time to settle. Anxiously waiting for the official 10.1 release from Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 08:30 PM
    So I've been running the OS a little longer now. Still mostly smooth, but the bug with apps that need to invoke contacts (the list won't display contacts linked to Facebook or Twitter) reappeared after a restart, though my workaround (enabling and disabling Facebook and Twitter contacts in Contacts) seemed to fix it again. I still have the occasional stutter during animations, but I can live with it. The one thing that troubled me a little is this - I spend most of my day in a building with pretty shifty signal. Now, I don't know if it's my network acting up or if it's the phone, but it seemed to be dealing particularly poorly with this today. Even once I had gotten outside, the phone would constantly report "No Voice Service" underneath the signal indicator, then switch to displaying my carrier name, and then back again. Over and over. Then, a friend sent some text messages to me while I had no signal. I later went outside, where the signal was just fine. But they never came through. It took a phone reboot for the text messages to come in. It also fell back onto 3G in an area where I usually always have H+, though it eventually picked up on H+ again. This is a little troubling, but I'll see if it repeats again on Monday.
    05-03-13 08:40 PM
    Can someone confirm if the facebook notification issue from 1483 has been resolved.

Posted via CB10
    Actually the Facebook update solves the problem even on the previous leaked version 1483.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 08:46 PM
    Interesting... Is there a write-up on this anywhere?
    OK--just connected the BB to my Mac via USB, searched my SD card for ini files, and found none, then searched for dat files, and there were a ton of them, all from before switching from my 9810 to the Z10. They appear to have to do with indexing pictures on the 9810. I deleted all of them, and I'll reboot the Z10.

We'll see if the random rebooting stops, and I'll post it here.

What is the mechanism for this, I wonder, and how did you figure it out?

Great find, if it works. I haven't had /too/ much trouble with reboots, mostly at night when connected to a charger and in bedside mode.
    05-03-13 08:55 PM
    Installed on my Verizon STL 100-4.. having issues receiving MMS pics. Sent myself 2 pictures from my work cell phone and they will not download no matter how many times I press the download button. After a while, the messages completely disappears.

Posted via CB10
    Just tested on mine. I'm having the same issue. Looks like this may be a side-effect of the missing radio(s).

Although I am able to send MMS fine.
    Last edited by ooklah; 05-03-13 at 09:41 PM.
    05-03-13 09:27 PM
    Interesting on the .dat files.

I used an old SD card, but formatted it when I first put it in the z10. Maybe why I haven't had in random reboot... As a techy, curios how this plays out..

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 09:29 PM
    I know I said I'd wait for the official release, but tonight I decided to try .1627 anyway. I had no problems with the download or with the backup using Link. Everything went smoothly.

I exited Link and rebooted the computer, just to be cautious. The autoloader didn't work. It just went into a cycle of resetting the Z10 and doing nothing else.

I'm back to waiting for the official release.
    05-03-13 09:30 PM
    The keyboard started lagging at one point. Restarted and seems to be fixed. Have yet to see.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 09:32 PM
    I'm on Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.1609. Do they have any difference compare with 1627?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 09:46 PM
    I see is more unhappy ppl than happy with leaks.

So no more leaked from me and no trouble. To user

EOT

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 10:15 PM
    WhatsApp notification is broken in this leak. I restored the apps from Link. I'll try to reinstall the app to see if it will fix it.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 10:33 PM
    you is ah boss!!! thanks a million man.
    Tried it yet?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 10:33 PM
    @lbfe speaking for myself, I think you did an awesome job giving us the leak. Your time and effort is greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 10:34 PM
    please dont stop...
    i've been using the leaks from your first leak, and not complain..
    because there always an upside and downside for every changes

i just love to try them
    05-03-13 10:36 PM

EOT

Posted via CB10
    Don't be discouraged, there will always be critics. I, for one, greatly appreciate your work. Sure the OS isn't perfect, but that's hardly your fault, and it's still nice to have the new features of 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-03-13 10:38 PM
    OK--just connected the BB to my Mac via USB, searched my SD card for ini files, and found none, then searched for dat files, and there were a ton of them, all from before switching from my 9810 to the Z10. They appear to have to do with indexing pictures on the 9810. I deleted all of them, and I'll reboot the Z10.

We'll see if the random rebooting stops, and I'll post it here.

What is the mechanism for this, I wonder, and how did you figure it out?

Great find, if it works. I haven't had /too/ much trouble with reboots, mostly at night when connected to a charger and in bedside mode.
    I did the same. The .dat files should repopulate, I believe, because they're tied to thumbnails. It's the .ini's that need to go (that's my understanding). And I had a ton of 'em. 246 to be precise. All gone now though
    05-03-13 10:45 PM
    The next person to get my replacement Bell Z10 is going to have OS 10.1, lucky b*****d
    05-03-13 10:56 PM

EOT

Posted via CB10
    Not just happy, I'm elated. Remember, people are more likely to post about their problems than they are to post and say "Everything's great no problems so far." And also people are going to come and post every single time they have a problem.

You're making people happy. Please don't stop.
    05-03-13 10:59 PM
1,244 ... 3233343536 ...