02-27-14 07:23 AM
1,244 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    The best solution I have found so far that works 100%, is to first of all uninstall all your android ports using 'vnBB', then reboot device, now do a full backup using BBlink, now install the OS. After the installation of the OS and first run, reboot device, now restore your backup. You can install all your android ports. I assure you, you won't encounter any problem.
    If you don't follow the above procedure, there is likelihood you might encounter android ported apps crashes after 'Application data' backup restore.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    Questions:

1) By "Android ports" do you mean side loaded Android apps, or all apps that are Android ports but not native BB Z10 apps, and if so, how do you know which are which?

2) Aside from side loaded Android apps, if you install the new OS but /do not/ do an app restore, will BB World automatically give you all the apps you have previously installed, and you can fresh install them from BB World? IOW, what are you losing by not restoring the Apps after the OS upgrade?

3) I assume you can restore the Settings from backup in a separate step /after/ you have reinstalled all the apps rather than before reinstalling the apps, and that this will restore the data from the freshly installed apps?

Probably some of my assumptions are wrong here. Maybe someone will clear it up for me and others.

Thanks.
    05-02-13 10:31 AM
    Got a update for what's app this morning and it now has its own notifications icon in the hub

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:36 AM
    Ok. Done.

All side loaded apps running fine. I also noticed I did not have to resign into Plume, instagram or Crackberry.

Now if Gmail would just stay connected.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:47 AM
    Which number did you download for Verizon?
    05-02-13 10:48 AM
    Agreed
    No issues with SMS for me. Working fine.
    05-02-13 10:53 AM
    My phone is doing its first boot reeeeaaaallllllyyyyyy sllooooowwwwwllllyyy - should I be worried? Haven't pulled the battery yet. What if things have failed - can I just run the installer again?
    05-02-13 10:53 AM
    I'm on my phone right now so it's hard to read through all the pages, but for the Gmail sync I don't get the option of choosing 90 days, or "forever". Anyone else also having this issue?

Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1627 for z10 stl100-1,2,3-img_00000220.png

Posted via CB10
    m0nzt3r likes this.
    05-02-13 10:57 AM
    Still no Bridge support in this version? I've loaded .1429 and found Bridge disappeared and I can't reload it from BBWorld, gives an error on install...
    Bridge works on this release
    anon3969612 likes this.
    05-02-13 11:03 AM
    I'm not sure I want to pay for the "Z10" data plan. My data (both EDGE and 4G) works using the normal 4G BIS plan. I think I will wait for an official release of 10.1. It should be "Coming Soon" anyway...

Posted via CB10
    the Z10 plan is the same price as the 4G BIS plan.
    05-02-13 11:05 AM
    Ok, here's my first impressions:

1. OS loads as easily as other and full restore works fine (I did take the one suggestions someone made and uninstalled 3 large games I had on my phone). I sideloaded all my apps before doing the restore so my settings would be right as well as the placement of the app icons on the different menus.

2. Still have the contact bug between Contacts and Phone. Not all contacts are populating in Phone

3. Still have double population of contacts in AES accounts when creating new contacts using the Blackberry.

4. Even with the phone on silent when I re-boot the phone and Skype loads in the background you still get the start-up sound.

5. Even after a full restore all of my contacts, and calendar entries are not there and have to re-populate from my 2 AES accounts (work/personal). The only thing it restores is some of my contacts, BBM contacts, emails, phone logs, etc. I do not use contacts from Gmail.

6. Still have a 3-4 second lag on outbound email from POP/IMAP accounts. AES is immediate.

7. BBM messages transmit immediately. On the last build there was a slight delay. Same goes for Whatsapp messages.

Will have to monitor for a couple of days before I can comment on battery life.

Transitioning between windows is smooth. After one battery pull and reboot the phone is running at normal temperature.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-02-13 11:07 AM
    I'm on my phone right now so it's hard to read through all the pages, but for the Gmail sync I don't get the option of choosing 90 days, or "forever". Anyone else also having this issue?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000220.png 
Views:	1330 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	157140

Posted via CB10
    This has to be enabled when initially set up

Posted via CB10
    Humga Chan likes this.
    05-02-13 11:09 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000220.png 
Views:	1330 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	157140

Posted via CB10
    It's in the advanced settings when u first set up the account. Try deleting and re adding it. And after the password screen. Scroll to bottom and click advanced. It's at the bottom of that. But remember. Do this before you finish the setup

Posted with best phone ever, my Z10 on CB
    Humga Chan likes this.
    05-02-13 11:11 AM
    Now I can flow between apps
    +1 if you can do the same

Posted via my amazing Z10 running10.1.0.1609
    Lol kris. I guess we saw that at same time.

Kris Simundson likes this.
    This release is much better than the last one, much more responsive, no more reboots (so far). But what really, really bothers me and it's been this way on all three OSes that I have used so far is that the LED doesn't work when the Notification profile is set to 'phone calls only', it is maddening.
    05-02-13 11:15 AM
    LOL! Loaded this on my Verizon stl100-4 and I'm having issues with my text messages. It will send to the intended recipient, but their replies come back under a different contact in my address book..... Had me hella confused this morning with a couple conversations... Switching back to a leak for stl100-4 asap!
    05-02-13 11:15 AM
    Now I can flow between apps
    +1 if you can do the same

Posted via my amazing Z10 running10.1.0.1609
    how is that? explain plz
    05-02-13 11:21 AM
    It's in the advanced settings when u first set up the account. Try deleting and re adding it. And after the password screen. Scroll to bottom and click advanced. It's at the bottom of that. But remember. Do this before you finish the setup

Thanks! Still disappointed that it's only 90 days, but oh well still better than 30!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:22 AM
    LOL! Loaded this on my Verizon stl100-4 and I'm having issues with my text messages. It will send to the intended recipient, but their replies come back under a different contact in my address book..... Had me hella confused this morning with a couple conversations... Switching back to a leak for stl100-4 asap!
    Did you try refreshing your contacts? I did that on the previous leak and it resolved that problem.
    05-02-13 11:23 AM
    That happened to me the first time I installed a leak (the correct one). It has nothing to do with the fact that you are using a wrong leak (since it happened to me with a correct one)... just do a security wipe and it will fix it... (I think it's something to do with a bug in backing up/restoring)
    05-02-13 11:23 AM
    So far, so good. Very fast etc.
    However, I still had to use the "Forgot Password" technique to get back into Instagram and to be frank, I'm getting tired of changing my password everytime I install a new leak! I was also under the impression that SnapChat would also be capable of finding friends using my contacts with the 10.1 builds but it didn't...
    05-02-13 11:28 AM
    Corrupt backup....
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-02-13 11:41 AM
    I was hoping for this .1627 leak to bring Shazam full circle, but the "microphone in use" issue is still there.
    It's still pleasing to see that Shazam actually starts up and "looks" like it's searching (I guess it might search forever if not shut down).

Whether it's just a tease or actual progress, it's good to see it actually running. It gives me more hope for either Jellybean to solve the issue or for Shazam development to be willing to invest (minimal) time if they won't go native.
    Thanks for confirming that for me. Maybe the next leak...

It's very frustrating, really. Shazam runs really well otherwise. Like, better than some native apps. I'm hoping it bodes well for them releasing at least a port.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:56 AM
    Still no Bridge support in this version? I've loaded .1429 and found Bridge disappeared and I can't reload it from BBWorld, gives an error on install...
    I hate to break it to you, but Bridge likely won't be that useful to Z10 owners until the PlayBook itself has BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-02-13 12:00 PM
    Is anyone else experiencing an issue with the location icon being permanently enabled? It does not appear to be draining the battery but it is on all the time on my device, even after a hard reboot and after pulling the battery several times. I've already removed apps out of the equation as I am running the same apps that I did before and I never had this issue until this leak.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 12:00 PM
1,244 ... 2122232425 ...