<a href="http://bbmobile.me/CBKEY2BLtopic?utm_source=cb&amp;utm_medium=topicblock&amp;utm_campaign=navigation" target="_blank">Shop BlackBerry KEY2</a>
02-27-14 07:23 AM
1,244 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    My only issue with this leak and the previous leak, Random reboot at night while charging and in bedside mode.

Thought it might have been my backup, so this time I did a fresh install with no backup. Woke up this morning after installing this last night to a rebooted phone.
    05-02-13 06:07 AM
    ...wait, before I install this. Do apps have to at least support 10.1.* in order to work with this OS?
    The 1609 OS in itself is awesome - really stable and smooth. However, on the apps end, I have seen a couple of apps
    that aren't working, either completely or partially, after the. 1609 install - Battery Guru and Data Monitor.

The Battery Guru Dev. has responded in one if the threads stating it is only on the SLT 100-1 devices, and it's due to compatability issues between 10.0 and 10.1 on the 100-1 devices. He will be releasing a fix soon, he says.

The data monitor app has just become useless. Open the app, all there is a black BlackBerry 10 screen. The app closes automatically after some time.

Overall, I would recommend the leak over 10.0 to anyone who's not sure about installing the leak.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 06:30 AM
    just started downloading it .. speed is awesome <3<3 1mb/s
    Attached Thumbnails Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1627 for z10 stl100-1,2,3-untitled.jpg  
    05-02-13 06:32 AM
    After downloading this leak, my battery went from 75% to 37% within minutes.

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 06:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Give it a chance to be stable

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 06:44 AM

The data monitor app has just become useless. Open the app, all there is a black BlackBerry 10 screen. The app closes automatically after some time.

Posted via CB10
    I find that DataCheck Pro is a wonderful alternative to Data Monitor. Check out the thread in the Apps Announcement board.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 06:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Give it some time to settle down. Next recharge cycle should fetch better life. A day after installing, battery usage seems to be super-optimised.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    05-02-13 06:47 AM
    Why doesn't link backup save my sent messages? Am I missing something? Every time I restore they are gone...I use pop connection to my work ISP if that makes a difference, they don't have an imap option.
    05-02-13 06:54 AM
    On bbm app, you need to fully swipe up to the text input bar to minimize the screen. In 10.0 it minimizes with a little swipe up.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 06:55 AM
    is it just me. or did all the android apps stop working with this OS?
    05-02-13 07:00 AM
    System password textboxes (e.g. for the internal apps) NOW ACCEPT PASTE.

They did NOT in the 10.0.x loads. This was IMHO a big deal and it is now resolved. Those of you who use a password safe and long, distinct and random passwords can stop swearing.

I like it. I had a couple of sideloaded apps refuse to "take" on the first attempt but a second worked perfectly. And -- sideloaded apps now get location data properly -- they did NOT reliably do so previously. This too is a big deal (e.g. "Radar Now") and now it works the way it should.

I'm going to try a few more things that didn't used to work (e.g. Android apps accessing bluetooth things) and see if that is fixed as well. 10.1 appears to have made material changes to system-level access for Android apps... all to the good.
    05-02-13 07:01 AM
    Thanks, but that was not the question I was asking. The application, downloaded from BB World, called Password Keeper, which has all my various and numerous passwords and other sh1t3, it is the data within that application I'm referring to, and also within the Remember application. Does anyone know where that is backed up - within the settings part (just a few MBs) or, more likely, within the application part (nearly 4 GBs)?
    It restores from settings
    whitbags likes this.
    05-02-13 07:02 AM
    If you used Link to restore your apps, then it's likely corrupted runtime. It does that to me every time. Only cure is a reload without restore.
    05-02-13 07:04 AM
    Do NOT do a full restore. Only restore settings. You'll have to reload the OS and start again.

What Phill_UK said ^
    05-02-13 07:06 AM
    Osman and Skype work for me.
    (Only Android apps I have)

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 07:06 AM
    Has anyone lost BBM video and voice? I may have to reload.
    05-02-13 07:09 AM
    Saw that screen exactly once after starting sideloaded Shazam on the last leak. Only the once, and never came up for my other sideloaded apps.

Speaking of Shazam, has anyone tried it? I was happy to see it open, and it actually seemed to work beautifully (WAY more responsive than we've come to expect from Android ports), but it throws that "another application may be using the microphone" error whenever you try to tag something. If that's been resolved with this build I'll try it.
    I was hoping for this .1627 leak to bring Shazam full circle, but the "microphone in use" issue is still there.
    It's still pleasing to see that Shazam actually starts up and "looks" like it's searching (I guess it might search forever if not shut down).

Whether it's just a tease or actual progress, it's good to see it actually running. It gives me more hope for either Jellybean to solve the issue or for Shazam development to be willing to invest (minimal) time if they won't go native.
    05-02-13 07:14 AM
    Why would jelly bean support help? All it does is update the build but what would make a difference is if they enable native apps through the runtime. What I mean is they wouldn't have control to the phone but it would be enabled. Something like a runtime in a runtime. Then we would be able to run all android apps.

Posted via CB10
    lwaysluking likes this.
    05-02-13 07:21 AM
    Installed this last night, everything went smooth. Sure does take a long time to set everything back up. Other then that, i went to bed with BBM, Blaq and Podcasts open and put the phone into bedside mode. Once my alarm went off, i was blindly tapping the screen to snooze. Nothing. So it looks like the bedside mode restart is still lurking. The real reason I did install this "leak" was whenever my phone did restart, any new wifi profiles that I added would disappear and I would have to readd them. Also, the parrot ck3000 car kit i have, would never keep a connection. I had to pair the phone with it again this morning, and it did stay connected, but from what i remember, it worked the day i bought my z10 and paired it for the first time. Ill know again in a few hours if the pairing between the two is working right *fingers crossed*.
    05-02-13 07:21 AM
    I noticed I am having issues doing a full restore from backup too. It stops at 27% during "settings restore". But if I manually restore only one of them (Settings, Media, Application Data) every single restore process completes without any problems.
    05-02-13 07:23 AM
    Does the alarm work in this build? And if so, can you enable multiple alarms

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 07:23 AM
    Loaded the new version, it went smooth as silk. I restarted the Z10 and connected to BBLink. When I went to restore, the screen opened but the restore button is greyed out. What cold the issue be?
    05-02-13 07:25 AM
    I did, but after a battery pull it's fine now ;-)
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-02-13 07:27 AM
    Do NOT do a full restore. Only restore settings. You'll have to reload the OS and start again.

What Phill_UK said ^
    I did a full restore, didn't loose a thing and everything is working flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm and Mecca EL like this.
    05-02-13 07:39 AM
    Working as previously for me.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-02-13 07:43 AM
1,244 ... 1819202122 ...