02-27-14 07:23 AM
1,244 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    backed up on link v1

patched phone to 1627

link said there was an update - updated to 1,1 whilst the phone was patching

ran the restore - restore hangs on 13% - thought it was just because of size of data so left overnight. nah - still hangs at 13%

deleted link 1.1 , reinstalled link 1.0

restore taking place - fingers crossed. @11% now

hang for a while - like a few mins (restoring settings - so I guess it has to apply things too) - and now it's motoring on.

Lesson there folks :-)
    anon5814103 likes this.
    05-02-13 03:11 AM
    this screen used to come in the last OS (10.0.1.82) as well.. so its nuting new
    05-02-13 03:30 AM
    I want to know if I should do a fulls security wipe before loading the OS or the autoloader will do a clean wipe while installing the new OS?
    You don't have to wipe, the autoloader will wipe your phone anyways
    Does the missing payment option affect purchasing apps on app world?
    No!
    05-02-13 03:31 AM
    ok - just like last leaks

Backup
    Patch
    Restore

Re-register your account passwords (email, twitter, facebook etc)
    Open your most used apps (all if you want)
    Apps that don't work or play up, delete and reinstall from app world
    Open these apps
    Let the device settle for a few mins
    Shutdown/battery pull/estart
    Let settle
    shutdown/restart

Check settings like Mobile Network - if you're not on 4G network, select 3G - save battery

Anyhow these work for me to solve 99% of problems - the rest are my fault or missing functionality (creating groups/distribution lists in contacts for example - you cant do on this new OS but you can on the older ones) etc.
    05-02-13 03:33 AM
    You don't have to wipe, the autoloader will wipe your phone anyways

No!
    Finally someone! Thanks alot!
    05-02-13 03:34 AM
    I've realized why my text message contacts aren't reconciling to my contacts after the upgrade.

It's because my contacts aren't being synced! I'm on EAS on Google Apps. The contacts I do have in my z10 are local and persist even after I delete my EAS account. Adding it back gives me my emails but contacts are still gone. Even worse, I'm missing random contacts!

Is there a way to mass delete contacts and or restore only contacts like in the old Desktop Manager?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 03:48 AM
    Just found something, don't know if it's been there before since I usually BBM from hub, but if your in the BBM app and in a conversation and someone else BBM's you, it pops in at the top of the screen with a quick link to that chat
    That was there before. I thought it was new as well, but someone else told me too. LOL
    05-02-13 03:54 AM
    I noticed this as well. Now if they can give us the option to display it in the status bar natively.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    I hope!!!!
    05-02-13 03:55 AM
    Woohoo stl2 love is too much. Too much! Loading this once I get home and yeah have to deal with instagram fb reset again. Which I don't really mind though.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 04:06 AM
    I've realized why my text message contacts aren't reconciling to my contacts after the upgrade.

It's because my contacts aren't being synced! I'm on EAS on Google Apps. The contacts I do have in my z10 are local and persist even after I delete my EAS account. Adding it back gives me my emails but contacts are still gone. Even worse, I'm missing random contacts!

Is there a way to mass delete contacts and or restore only contacts like in the old Desktop Manager?

Posted via CB10
    Contact X can mass delete.... use with caution.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 04:13 AM
    Guys,
    I'm sorry to give you bad news about this OS.
    When you receive a call it shows you the number only, even if you have them saved in the phone book. It's a bug that was fixed in the previous leaked version. I am downgrading!
    eBud likes this.
    05-02-13 04:14 AM
    It is not working

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 04:22 AM
    can anyone tell me how long the autoloader take to install the new os version?
    05-02-13 04:31 AM
    Passwords are in settings - at least they did not restore when I unpicked settings and otherwise restore perfectly fine.

Posted via CB10
    Originally Posted by whitbags
    A question about Password Keeper. Does anyone know if the passwords are "backed up" in the Settings area or in the Applications area of the back up file? Or if there is anyway of exporting the data somehow, so you don't have to do a full restore/ Same with Remember - I have lots and lots of stuff in both that I can't afford to lose.
    Thanks, but that was not the question I was asking. The application, downloaded from BB World, called Password Keeper, which has all my various and numerous passwords and other sh1t3, it is the data within that application I'm referring to, and also within the Remember application. Does anyone know where that is backed up - within the settings part (just a few MBs) or, more likely, within the application part (nearly 4 GBs)?
    05-02-13 04:32 AM
    Guys,
    When you receive a call it shows you the number only, even if you have them saved in the phone book. It's a bug that was fixed in the previous leaked version. I am downgrading!
    Cannot confirm this, the name is shown as it should be. You should check your phone book for double entries.
    05-02-13 04:42 AM
    Guys,
    It all works for me - check if your contacts like mine have been unlinked and the main phone book entry is deleted. The problem I have is that I have Facebook users with email so I can still email them because a "partial" contact exists, but they don't show up in phone or text because their main contact with numbers and address are missing.
    05-02-13 05:06 AM
    Thanks, but that was not the question I was asking. The application, downloaded from BB World, called Password Keeper, which has all my various and numerous passwords and other sh1t3, it is the data within that application I'm referring to, and also within the Remember application. Does anyone know where that is backed up - within the settings part (just a few MBs) or, more likely, within the application part (nearly 4 GBs)?

I don't know specifically where the info is stored, but I do know I got everything back after installing the last leaked OS and then restoring my apps from a Link backup.
    05-02-13 05:29 AM
    i have a single query.....does the contacts get lost in the process of upgrading the os.....downloading right now and this is my first time....forgive my ignorance
    05-02-13 05:36 AM
    Guys,
    You must have an issue with your contact list as this does not happen for me, I get the callers name and profile picture just as designed.
    05-02-13 05:36 AM
    This built is known as the golden candidate 2 by carriers wich are waiting for approval.

I will test it tomorrow...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 05:38 AM
    Just a question. Every time I exit Ann app, a message Pops up saying all the app are on the right. Any way to avoid this?

Posted via CB10
    That's like a mini-tutorial. Once you cycle through all the swipe gestures as it prompts you, you won't get those messages any more.
    05-02-13 05:39 AM
    Guys,
    I believe you simply have to wait until your contacts are full sync. Had the similar behaviour with previous leak. A few hours more (and maybe a restart ?) should handle that, IMHO.

And, of course, thanks to OP for this !!!
    05-02-13 05:40 AM
    Minor annoyance: when typing a text/message, when i hit ?123 to type a number, after I hit the first digit the keyboard reverts to alpha. Have to hit ?123 again to continue typing the number.
    Press shift key (up arrow) then the "?123" button to stay in numlock.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 05:45 AM
    Is there a way to force a sync? It's been over 12 hours now and several reboots.
    05-02-13 05:47 AM
    I haven't tried this version out yet, but I'm on an STL100-3 with .1483 and I definitely get the occasional choppy animation. It's not persistent, but it happens a couple times a day I'd say.
    For those reporting choppy performance....if you have any mail volume to sync it will be choppy while it is doing that. On a BES server with multiple thousands of email min is choppy for a half day while it digests. It will smooth out.
    05-02-13 05:55 AM
1,244 ... 1718192021 ...