02-27-14 08:23 AM
1,244 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    I think you misunderstand the intent of my statement here. I haven't installed this, because there isn't one available for my Verizon Z10 just yet... but I'm happily running the most recent leak for my device, .1483. I'm very appreciative of that being available and I'm grateful that somebody put it together and released it here, as I know it's something I certainly could not do myself.

What I'm saying is that even here on the most recent leaked build people are still reporting some weirdness and issues, and on my build my phone is still freezing and rebooting from time to time. I'm hoping that when the carriers get around to releasing their official updates, the delay is due to time spent correcting these issues, and not just releasing the same thing on a delayed schedule.
    Understood.

When you select words like "cobble", or phrases like "...level slightly above...", to me that's devaluing someone's hard work. I've cobbled together many a hybrid...took me weeks to figure out what worked, and hours of fine tuning. Contributors to this site, or any forum, that actually put in WORK, you belittle their contribution. Test the app, OS, device, etc. before you draw any conclusion. That's all I'm saying.
    05-01-13 10:19 PM
    i think blackberry z10 need to hire some IT engineers from the APPLE & android teams , to rebuilt proper run-time environment.

10.1 update OS has a lot miner bugs and a lot ERROR during the ruining apps ,with battery run time mxm 4/5 hours which is really bad for such world class smartphone

please BBM team do some thing batter , we are with you to make you win in smartphones race.
    Ehhh like what kind of bugs?

Also it's not an official version so I think it's normal that there are bugs! It's not even an update! Did you notice that you had to load the OS on a non traditional way?

Posted via CB10
    cyco1978, trynacu2 and Blacklatino like this.
    05-01-13 10:22 PM
    So far so good... one bug I've found on my Z10-3, I can't select contacts' phone numbers for texting from the hub. It only shows their email? Both generic Hub>compose>text message OR right from the hub's text message category.

Also the numbers for current and past text messages in the hub don't match back to the contacts... the numbers are right, they're in the contacts' contact but not displayed.
    05-01-13 10:23 PM
    Other link for Z1 STL100-1

bit.ly/Zocpv3
    05-01-13 10:25 PM
    Isn't this the build where What's App get its own notification icon? Am i missing something because mine is still the bell.
    05-01-13 10:27 PM
    So far so good... one bug I've found on my Z10-3, I can't select contacts' phone numbers for texting from the hub. It only shows their email? Both generic Hub>compose>text message OR right from the hub's text message category.

Also the numbers for current and past text messages in the hub don't match back to the contacts... the numbers are right, they're in the contacts' contact but not displayed.
    Works for me, typed in 3 letters and it listed 3 of the contacts phone number and 1 email.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:29 PM

I can do both of those things as usual.....

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:30 PM
    Been using 1483 since it was leaked and Ive had no issues at all.. NOT ONE REBOOT !! - now with 1483 though i did NOT restore a backup... actually seemed easier.. minus reloading the sideloads... Im sure im not the only one that downloads, loads, and deletes the BAR..

Questions are... is this worth it.. and when is AT&T going to push a 10.1 z10 build.
    05-01-13 10:32 PM
    Anyone else having problems with "Data Monitor for Blackberry" app not working on this OS? Tried un-installing and even deleting the re-installing, but no joy....
    Yeah I have the same problem, emailed their tech support and this was their reply:
    "It seems like the 10.1 OS has some issues with the app. We will be pushing a fix soon but it may be until next week until BlackBerry approves it.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    ETwoLTech Support

Updates on upcoming releases:
    Web: ETwoLTech
    Twitter: ETwoLTech
    "
    scook94 likes this.
    05-01-13 10:37 PM
    I need another slt100-3 link!! mega loads file but does not download

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:38 PM
    Works for me, typed in 3 letters and it listed 3 of the contacts phone number and 1 email.
    I've rebooted twice, restarted the hub....
    05-01-13 10:38 PM
    Data Monitor app doesn't work with 1483 or 1627 after the new app update.

Posted via CB10
    I emailed their tech support about this and they came back with the following answer:

" It seems like the 10.1 OS has some issues with the app. We will be pushing a fix soon but it may be until next week until BlackBerry approves it.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    ETwoLTech Support

Updates on upcoming releases:
    Web: ETwoLTech
    Twitter: ETwoLTech
    "
    05-01-13 10:39 PM
    Well i've come up with one issue..

the tune in radio app.. can't find it on the device.. app world says it's installed.. click the open button nothing happens.. try to uninstall it so I can re-install it.. app world says failed to uninstall..

anyone have a suggestion other then a security wipe?
    My tunein opens, won't sync my favorites. Very weird bug...

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:39 PM
    Understood.

When you select words like "cobble", or phrases like "...level slightly above...", to me that's devaluing someone's hard work. I've cobbled together many a hybrid...took me weeks to figure out what worked, and hours of fine tuning. Contributors to this site, or any forum, that actually put in WORK, you belittle their contribution. Test the app, OS, device, etc. before you draw any conclusion. That's all I'm saying.
    Poor word choice. I'm the kind of person that always installs whatever the latest thing available is, regardless of what the carrier has put out. I know it takes a lot of hard work. My perspective is this: I can completely accept some issues with a leaked OS that I downloaded off of an Internet forum. Because when I'm installing that, what I have in my mind is that some generous soul has taken their unpaid time and put in a lot of effort to try to keep the rest of the geek population ahead of the curve on what's available for their device. There is little to no payoff in doing this, it's an admirable act of generosity. I don't want to discount what's being done there. And when it's not perfect, I'm not upset and figure that's just a side effect of trying to be ahead of the official release schedule.

However, what I'm hoping, is that the reason that a company like Verizon has failed to issue ANY updates (aside from one recent update that kept the same version number and supposedly addressed battery issues is that they haven't gotten to the bottom of certain nagging issues and won't release until they have figured it out. What I'm saying is that I hope Verizon, who hopefully is paying people do this kind of stuff, is doing a little more than a handful of people donating their time are capable of doing.
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    05-01-13 10:40 PM
    DOES INSTAGRA STILL WORK AFTER UPDATE?

Posted via CB10
    Yep working perfectly for me
    05-01-13 10:41 PM
    I think when I'm on the keyboard and try to do a swipe up it clicks the space bar often and doesn't actually swipe up. Noticing this on this leak. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:41 PM
    i think blackberry z10 need to hire some IT engineers from the APPLE & android teams , to rebuilt proper run-time environment.

10.1 update OS has a lot miner bugs and a lot ERROR during the ruining apps ,with battery run time mxm 4/5 hours which is really bad for such world class smartphone

please BBM team do some thing batter , we are with you to make you win in smartphones race.

They did...

How many versions of iOS and Android are we up to now? .. Now count now many versions of BB10... Oh and how long has it been out?
    This time next year we might be loading BB11 leaks.
    05-01-13 10:42 PM
    I just had my first reboot.
    05-01-13 10:42 PM
    They did...

How many versions of iOS and Android are we up to now? .. Now count now many versions of BB10... Oh and how long has it been out?
    This time next year we might be loading BB11 leaks.
    It's been at least 2-years by my count hasn't it? And my phone at least keeps randomly rebooting.
    I don't want to spend so much of my time constantly uploading new OS's with minor fixes (but always introducing new bugs) in hopes that I'll finally have a functional phone. I just want one that works.
    05-01-13 10:50 PM
    yes, it does nothing when composing a message within the hub
    It works only if you already have a conversation in the recents section. I tried it and was able to send a message, but if you go to the favorites tab you are right it doesn't work
    05-01-13 10:50 PM
    I installed this OS and did a full restore to test and it's running well!!

Note: I had the last leak pre-installed.

-- Posted by The BlackBerry Z10.
    05-01-13 10:51 PM
    Mega only works with Google Chrome.
    It works perfectly for me using IE 10.

Posted via CB10
    charlielefaux likes this.
    05-01-13 10:54 PM
    Verizon Wireless STL100-4

Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1627 for z10 stl100-1,2,3-img_00000001.jpg
    Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1627 for z10 stl100-1,2,3-img_00000002.jpg
    Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1627 for z10 stl100-1,2,3-img_00000004.jpg
    Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1627 for z10 stl100-1,2,3-img_00000005.jpg

Now, keep in mind that my LTE coverage at my house is practically useless. I'm surprised my speeds were that fast. After dinner I can drive to a spot that has better coverage and do another speed test there.

So far everything seems to work as it should.
    seletok and Mecca EL like this.
    05-01-13 10:54 PM
    I've never had a issue with reboot from leaks, think because I've never backed up and restored. I've always run clean same with Android

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:55 PM
    Thanks for testing on the Verizon Z10

I will install as soon as I get home and report back

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:58 PM
1,244 ... 1213141516 ...