02-27-14 07:23 AM
1,244 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    you sir.. are a genius.

If you're ever near Barrie Ontario, ima buy you a beer.
    Another Z10 owner from my neck of the woods!
    05-01-13 08:16 PM
    Installed.. transitions don't seem smooth to me. A bit choppy. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 08:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Hopefully the official update makes everything smooth.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 08:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, but some people here say that this is a very smooth OS. What is it really?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 08:22 PM
    Downloading...will report on results...
    Same "no data" issue on bmobile (Trinidad)...downgraded to official 10.0.10.99 (second time this week)...
    stitch69 and tr1ad like this.
    05-01-13 08:24 PM
    Is it just me or is skype running better on this leak? was pretty laggy on the 1483
    All of my sideloads load faster. I'm loving this so far. Also, file linking thru Link still shows up in file explorer...just no icon in settings anymore. But it works.
    sbmd likes this.
    05-01-13 08:25 PM
    The OS itself runs good, but swiping an active frame up etc is choppy for me, not smooth and seamless. Was the same on. 1483 leak for me also. Kind of annoying actually lol

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 08:31 PM
    any chance those suffering with choppy transitions/animations runing stl100-1 ?
    05-01-13 08:31 PM
    Same "no data" issue on bmobile (Trinidad)...downgraded to official 10.0.10.99 (second time this week)...
    according to TSTT, they're testing but no word of when to expect 10.1
    05-01-13 08:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's laggy and choppy the first few hours, it goes away.
    cyco1978 and Mecca EL like this.
    05-01-13 08:33 PM
    I haven't tried this version out yet, but I'm on an STL100-3 with .1483 and I definitely get the occasional choppy animation. It's not persistent, but it happens a couple times a day I'd say.
    05-01-13 08:33 PM
    Now just give me an email shortcut on the home screen like the one that's there for Text Messages and I will be in BB heaven.
    there's an app for that but don't remember the name. Does exactly that
    If you happen to remember what it's called, I'd be indebted if you'd post and/or PM it. I've been looking for one regularly but come up empty so far.
    Compose by SCrApps

BlackBerry World - Compose
    Last edited by FuriousK; 05-01-13 at 08:44 PM. Reason: link
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-01-13 08:41 PM
    Nope I'm STL100-3.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 08:44 PM
    installing now
    05-01-13 08:45 PM
    Curious with how these "Full OS" leaked builds are created... and what the difference is technically between them and what would actually be distributed by the carrier. From what I'm understanding, there is a developer build that is available to whoever... then the left out features are put together by someone with a little elbow grease and know-how?

Wishful thinking: The difference between this and the officially released carrier update is a lot of hours of work and testing by coders who make sure that everything is functioning at a level slightly above that which a lone person is able to cobble together for several different devices and carriers in a short amount of time.
    05-01-13 08:46 PM
    Anyone else having problems with "Data Monitor for Blackberry" app not working on this OS? Tried un-installing and even deleting the re-installing, but no joy....
    Todays update killed it for the previous leaked build too.
    05-01-13 08:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    IMO this is smoother than the official OS, once the background data sync is done it should be as smooth as it should be. On mine I find the animations incredibly smoother.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 08:53 PM
    yea, marvelous ain't it?
    they claim to be the one bringing technology to the palm of everyone's hands, yet simple data to work over their network doesn't happen

so now with the Z10, i am bound to the carrier release in Trinidad, and here i thought an unlocked device would be better
    stitch69 likes this.
    05-01-13 08:54 PM
    Curious with how these "Full OS" leaked builds are created... and what the difference is technically between them and what would actually be distributed by the carrier. From what I'm understanding, there is a developer build that is available to whoever... then the left out features are put together by someone with a little elbow grease and know-how?

Wishful thinking: The difference between this and the officially released carrier update is a lot of hours of work and testing by coders who make sure that everything is functioning at a level slightly above that which a lone person is able to cobble together for several different devices and carriers in a short amount of time.
    Coders are not flawless, and they're level of expertise has ish to do with them being human. Whatever the OS, there will be a error. And if this was "cobbled" together, it was done well enough to work on my device.

You know, folks kill me, turning their nose up at things they themselves put no work into. I love how someone can complain about lack of "x" app, but put zero effort into writing an app themselves. Or complaining about bugs in an OS, because someone else complained about it.
    05-01-13 09:00 PM
    Coders are not flawless, and they're level of expertise has ish to do with them being human. Whatever the OS, there will be a error. And if this was "cobbled" together, it was done well enough to work on my device.

You know, folks kill me, turning their nose up at things they themselves put no work into. I love how someone can complain about lack of "x" app, but put zero effort into writing an app themselves. Or complaining about bugs in an OS, because someone else complained about it.
    I think you misunderstand the intent of my statement here. I haven't installed this, because there isn't one available for my Verizon Z10 just yet... but I'm happily running the most recent leak for my device, .1483. I'm very appreciative of that being available and I'm grateful that somebody put it together and released it here, as I know it's something I certainly could not do myself.

What I'm saying is that even here on the most recent leaked build people are still reporting some weirdness and issues, and on my build my phone is still freezing and rebooting from time to time. I'm hoping that when the carriers get around to releasing their official updates, the delay is due to time spent correcting these issues, and not just releasing the same thing on a delayed schedule.
    05-01-13 09:06 PM
    TSTT launched the Z10 when the rest of the world was launching the Q10. They don't exactly have a track record for being cutting edge and on time.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:07 PM
    Full OS 10.1.0.1627
    installing like other Autoloaders
    Full OS Autoloader
    do backup with BBLINK
    Close BBLINK
    run exe connect phone
    wait
    after first run make restart phone then restore backup with BBLINK (or better no - payment option will disappear after restore backup)

STL100-1
    STL100-2 and STL100-3

Like always loading at you own responsibility
    Thanks, this leak works so much better then the one previous. Keep up the good work

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:16 PM
    Anybody here have the balls to try this on an STL100-4 yet?
    Attempting to load it up now... not expecting much, but figured it can't hurt to try.
    05-01-13 09:17 PM

I've been testing since Monday and gave the ok it was stable enough to release

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:18 PM
    i think blackberry z10 need to hire some IT engineers from the APPLE & android teams , to rebuilt proper run-time environment.

10.1 update OS has a lot miner bugs and a lot ERROR during the ruining apps ,with battery run time mxm 4/5 hours which is really bad for such world class smartphone

please BBM team do some thing batter , we are with you to make you win in smartphones race.
    charlielefaux likes this.
    05-01-13 09:18 PM
1,244 ... 1112131415 ...