05-11-13 05:08 PM
1,099 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    answer is 840 not 325
    I hope you never work with money.
    04-27-13 02:49 PM
    Can't get whatsapp to install it fails from BlackBerry world. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure you're not using 1429, make sure you're really on 1483. It should work.
    04-27-13 02:50 PM
    Can't get whatsapp to install it fails from BlackBerry world. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    I think whatsapp is going to be updated soon to work on 10.1.
    04-27-13 02:54 PM
    Anyway, aside from ridiculous people who's fragile minds can't bear being wrong. Everything has been incredibly smooth and seriously...the keyboard....it has been predicting words I've never typed before. For example, I've never typed the city name Woodland this morning and yet today it predicted it. My jaw dropped. My fiance had to ask me what was wrong. Also, it has been learning much faster the words, email addresses, and even my usernames to websites. BlackBerry, you have made an incredible communications device and with access to Skype, I can honestly say this is the best experience I've ever had with any mobile phone. Absolutely floored.
    annon91221 likes this.
    04-27-13 02:54 PM
    It's "Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally".

Parentheses
    Exponents
    Multiplication
    Division
    Addition
    Subtraction

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Was trying to keep it as simple as possible. Clearly some on here are having trouble with the basics.

Posted via CB10
    gkl and Mecca EL like this.
    04-27-13 03:03 PM
    Agreed. Was trying to keep it as simple as possible. Clearly some on here are having trouble with the basics.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, isn't it BEDMAS?

Brackets
    Exponents
    Divide
    Multiply
    Add
    Subtract
    04-27-13 03:11 PM
    I can honestly say this is the best experience I've ever had with any mobile phone. Absolutely floored.
    I agree. I like it /much/ better than the iPhone, especially because of multitasking and the incredible touch keyboard, as you say.

I think the iPhone is getting to be a case of the "Emperor's
    New Clothes." My daughter says the iPhone is cool and the BB isn't. I guess we need a new definition of "cool."

It may be a matter of the need for BlackBerry to bootstrap itself by encouraging its developers to create more apps. Most of us have all the apps we need, but it's the /appearance/ of not having enough that is holding BB back, I suspect. I've heard that BB makes things difficult for developers, as compared to Android, but don't know or understand this part of the business.

I wouldn't give up my Z10 for an iPhone for anything. I didn't say that about the legacy BB models, of course, and the Z10 came out none too soon.
    04-27-13 03:16 PM
    I hope you guys are aware that divide & multiply as well as addtion & subtraction have no order.

If I multiply first and divide secondly or divide first and multiply secondly is irrelevant.
    The same is true for addition and subtraction.

Also, for whole numbers (excluding 0) I can make the claim that exponents are just fancy ways of writing multiplication and division .
    04-27-13 03:50 PM
    ok, backed up and restored...but I can't set up my emails. I keep getting this Verification Required...Visit http://www.mail.yahoo.com to log into your Yahoo Account and then try again.

I AM logged onto my Yahoo Account via active frame..but still can't set up accounts.

What do I do?

NOW it's telling me,

"At this time, the rim.email.yahoo.com and carddav.address.yahoo.com servers are unavailable and your email and contacts accounts can't be added. Please try again later.

WTF! I didn't have this issue when I did the first leak!
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 04-27-13 at 04:22 PM.
    04-27-13 03:57 PM
    ok, backed up and restored...but I can't set up my emails. I keep getting this Verification Required...Visit http://www.mail.yahoo.com to log into your Yahoo Account and then try again.

I AM logged onto my Yahoo Account via active frame..but still can't set up accounts.

What do I do?
    Saw that for the first time today, but in my case Exchange always causes trouble.

One thing is to just wait a bit. Secondly, try mobile data only or with wifi on.
    It should resolve itself.
    Fatz_z likes this.
    04-27-13 04:22 PM
    Saw that for the first time today, but in my case Exchange always causes trouble.

One thing is to just wait a bit. Secondly, try mobile data only or with wifi on.
    It should resolve itself.
    Nope none of these didn't work. This is frustrating.
    04-27-13 04:39 PM
    I'm getting imap server not available error on Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 04:43 PM
    Nope none of these didn't work. This is frustrating.
    Ahh, the triple negative... very frustrating.

Are you trying to set up your Yahoo email account over wifi? If so, try turning it off and doing it over your network. I had the same issue, and it worked after switching wifi off.
    04-27-13 04:49 PM
    People who know math better than I would tell you that there is an order to which operators/operations are done first.

I would simply say that all of these supposed problems with the calculator just don't add up.
    Multiplication then division then addition then subtraction
    04-27-13 04:58 PM
    Ahh, the triple negative... very frustrating.

Are you trying to set up your Yahoo email account over wifi? If so, try turning it off and doing it over your network. I had the same issue, and it worked after switching wifi off.
    Umm I tried both. I tried doing it with just Mobile Network, Did Not Work.
    doing it with just Wifi., Did Not Work.
    04-27-13 05:13 PM
    If this version of the OS is installed, when the official version is released, will it over write this leaked version? Or will a wipe have to be done. ?
    04-27-13 06:42 PM
    If this version of the OS is installed, when the official version is released, will it over write this leaked version? Or will a wipe have to be done. ?
    I'm not sure. I think it depends on the OS number. If it doesn't, then someone will let you know and you can backup, security wipe the OS from scratch, update and then restore. Takes a looooooong time but people will let others know about the updates with particular carriers
    PowderJockey likes this.
    04-27-13 06:48 PM
    Umm I tried both. I tried doing it with just Mobile Network, Did Not Work.
    doing it with just Wifi., Did Not Work.
    Update: ok email was able to get set up . . weird

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:54 PM
    everytime i go to download, it gets stuck at like 83%
    04-27-13 06:56 PM
    I'm not sure. I think it depends on the OS number. If it doesn't, then someone will let you know and you can backup, security wipe the OS from scratch, update and then restore. Takes a looooooong time but people will let others know about the updates with particular carriers
    I'm himiin' and awnin' whether to try this version. Downloading right now and see how the evening goes and I get gutsy.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    04-27-13 06:58 PM
    The past 12 hours have been very frustrating. I'm going to revert back to factory settings and wait for an official release.

On the other hand, I've somewhat realised the potential this phone has and mobile platforms in general, very powerful
    04-27-13 07:08 PM
    I dl the OS through Google Chrome. Now I can seem to open it. Is there a certain program I need to dl to be able to open the OS? Thanks for any help given.
    04-27-13 07:09 PM
    I have nothing but good things to say about this OS. All apps are running great, the OS seems very stable and fluid, the keyboard and text selection is improved, and the addition of longer then 30 day email storage is great.

I would highly recommend this OS.
    xNOSbz likes this.
    04-27-13 07:12 PM
    Not sure if this is new but then calculator app is updated with tip calculator and conversion calculator

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 07:31 PM
    I dl the OS through Google Chrome. Now I can seem to open it. Is there a certain program I need to dl to be able to open the OS? Thanks for any help given.
    You don't have the zip program that would open up the compressed file. Respectfully I say to you. If you don't know how to deal with the file I suggest you wait until the official release.

Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    04-27-13 07:33 PM
1,099 ... 3233343536 ...