05-11-13 06:08 PM
1,099 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    I have battery leak anyone have the same problem
    Your battery is leaking??? I have never seen a Li-on battery leak...that will damage your phone!
    04-26-13 06:34 PM
    Anybody get Sayit to work?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:35 PM
    I had no problem after a restore
    Btw is there any way to backup my browser bookmarks remotely? That's the only thing I need the restore for?

Posted via CB10
    Not with the BB Browser...would be nice if we could backup and restore data by application...like we could on the legacy OS.
    04-26-13 06:36 PM
    I believe password keeper gives you an option to restore from previous version in the settings I think I saw that once

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I'll give it a try. I thought that feature was only for previous BBOS devices to BB10 and not BB10 to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:36 PM
    What? No new operating system? I was getting use to a new one every few days
    To whomever.... keep it up
    fabster likes this.
    04-26-13 06:41 PM
    I believe password keeper gives you an option to restore from previous version in the settings I think I saw that once

Posted via CB10
    Nope, only ALL DATA from previous devices...

It can be done, but means you have to wipe virtually everything except the password keeper from the old device. Here's what one would have to do --

1) Backup the old device - security-wipe it and restore ONLY the password keeper data from the backup file to the old device.

2) Use BB LInk to restore that data to your Z10.

Nightmare - but it will work, once. Once you start adding entries on the Z10, you will no longer be able to restore the most recent copy from the previous device. I did it - works but as I said, once only.

Amazing that BBRY hasn't given us cloud access to (selectively) backup to and restore from...weak...very weak.
    04-26-13 06:43 PM
    Thanks. I'll give it a try. I thought that feature was only for previous BBOS devices to BB10 and not BB10 to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    It's not...see my post above.
    04-26-13 06:44 PM
    Any other solutions to the browser not being able to add pages to the home screen?

I've tried deleting my history and cache, and I'm thinking I might just do a from scratch setup. Save the headache...

Posted via CB10
    My wife's phone did this after the first Rogers OS update. The cure for it was to change the language and region, then bookmark to homepage a url with www. in it. In her case, I think I rebooted after the change to another language and region, then did the initial bookmark to home page. When it worked, I just changed the region and language back and the bookmarks continued to work.
    04-26-13 06:53 PM
    Leaked Full OS 10.1.0.1483 for  z10  STL100-2 STL100-3 STL100-4-img_00000003.png

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:54 PM
    Exactly...you need the old device to restore from, using BB LInk...that's exactly what I posted...see the text in red in your post...just proves what I posted. You cannot import the data WITHOUT using your previous (legacy) device and BB Link. It will not work with just a file...even if you could find the file and copy it to your Z10/ Q10.
    04-26-13 06:57 PM
    Need Help. . . I loaded this leak for the STL100-4 on Verizon and it is a bit glitchy. I have tried link and web update, etc. in the FAQ posted by Kris and cannot downgrade. Can anyone please help me with a method to downgrade to the approved Verizon version?
    04-26-13 07:04 PM
    They should improve blackberry protect so we can at least restore contacts, bbm contacts, email, blackberry remember, blackberry password at the very least without having to restore all data setting via bb link.

This was possible in legacy device.know that this a new os, i dont know if theres any limitation for them to bring back this features on qnx.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:15 PM
    Exactly...you need the old device to restore from, using BB LInk...that's exactly what I posted...see the text in red in your post...just proves what I posted. You cannot import the data WITHOUT using your previous (legacy) device and BB Link. It will not work with just a file...even if you could find the file and copy it to your Z10/ Q10.
    If you have backup file from legacy device on sdcard it restores fairly easy but yeah you're correct you still need the backup file

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:21 PM
    I can't seem to add a contact since installing this.
    Any ideas? I have tried all address filters for contacts.
    I followed all steps to add to BBM but when I get to selecting contact, although I save after setting up contact, contact does not appear on any list.
    Then when I go through all lists to search for contact, contact is not there like I never did it.
    Help please.
    Thanks!
    04-26-13 07:22 PM
    g2gcya:

They may get there some day- remember- this is a leak and not officially released- although they may allow it since they are getting free testing from us crazies !

F

Have a great weekend
    04-26-13 07:36 PM
    I can't seem to add a contact since installing this.
    Any ideas? I have tried all address filters for contacts.
    I followed all steps to add to BBM but when I get to selecting contact, although I save after setting up contact, contact does not appear on any list.
    Then when I go through all lists to search for contact, contact is not there like I never did it.
    Help please.
    Thanks!
    Are you trying to add a phone numbered contact or just a bbm contact?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:53 PM
    Are you trying to add a phone numbered contact or just a bbm contact?

Posted via CB10
    BBM but I have tried to add BBM pin in contacts and it seems to save but when I look for it on the invite, BBM does not show that contact, in fact, seems to be pulling contacts from a list that was from old contacts so I figured it was sim and when I try to add contact to SIM, I save and then contact is nowhere to be found!
    04-26-13 08:02 PM
    Ever get any advice on this? Having the same issue.
    I'd advise on navigating to the SMS folder in Hub and deleting all messages prior to the leak install.
    04-26-13 09:17 PM
    I'm having trouble trying to sideload, I have development mode on and I have tired using both vnbb10 and ddpb and both don't find my development up address
    I've side loaded before, but now that I'm trying on this leak its not working

It sys error : cannot connect: connection to (up address) refused. You may have to reboot the target

And I tired a reboot and nothing
    Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:29 PM
    I'm having trouble trying to sideload, I have development mode on and I have tired using both vnbb10 and ddpb and both don't find my development up address

Posted via CB10
    is link open?
    04-26-13 09:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Change the dev mode address. Worked for me, i had the same issue
    04-26-13 09:34 PM
    is link open?
    Nope, I even opened link and then closed it again to make sure

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:40 PM
    Change the dev mode address. Worked for me, i had the same issue
    I tired that and still nothing, weird

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:41 PM
    Nope, I even opened link and then closed it again to make sure