05-11-13 05:08 PM
1,099 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Reversal of Fortune.

It was a long night. I posted that everything was working after installing .1483, since I had tested most things. I watched TV for about a half hour and then picked up the Z10 and tried to open Kindle. I got:

Sorry!
    The process system.apps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    Force close.

I soon found that all Android ports were affected the same way. I assume that "system.apps" is the Android runtime. So I tried:

-- Reboot.
    -- Battery pull.
    -- Uninstall and reinstall all Android ports.

No luck. The same error persisted. Then I got crazy, did a security wipe, reinstalled .1483 and did not restore app data and settings. I reinstalled the Android ports manually. That didn't work either.

So, as of this morning, the Android runtime is borked. Keep in mind that the OS installation etc. all went smoothly. There were no discernible errors or glitches. This is similar to what happened when I installed .1429.

Since I seem to be the only person experiencing this, I'm beginning to suspect a hardware fault of some kind, although I can't really see how that could be either. It's certainly odd that the Android apps did work for a while. I'm guessing the "official" release, when it comes, will give me the same result. I don't think this leak could be all that different, at this late date.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'm open to suggestions.
    All of my 10 android apps arw working fine. Much faster and smoother. Reinstalled after Os update
    04-26-13 10:43 AM
    Ever get any advice on this? Having the same issue.
    I would suggest a secure wipe, and reinstall, might've had a bad sector flash
    04-26-13 10:43 AM
    PAYMENT options working fine after you buy one app :-)
    You don't have to buy, hit cancel instead... works same...

Posted via CB10
    ofutur likes this.
    04-26-13 10:44 AM
    You don't have to buy, hit cancel instead... works same...

Posted via CB10
    Cosigned. You just need to initiate the process.
    jhimmel likes this.
    04-26-13 10:46 AM
    Fore those with the "no payment option info after restore" issues, this seems to clear that up. Going into BlackBerry World and starting a purchase/adding settings seems to bring the info back. At least, it did on my device.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    Confirmed. nice catch!

Second person to mention it, I find it interesting because I purchased an app yesterday and don't have that option. Hmm have you tried checking payment option settings after a reboot? Cause I know I had rebooted my device since I purchased the app.
    I did too, last night. I rebooted after all was installed and set. Then I went in and bought ShortcutMe (to get around the lost web shortcuts). Today I looked at there was an error in payment options. What I did today was pretend to buy an app,and at checkout, went in to change credit card and canceled it. When I went back to payment options under settings, I was able to get in.
    04-26-13 10:46 AM
    I would suggest a secure wipe, and reinstall, might've had a bad sector flash
    That's what I was thinking...Going to wipe first and if works then, I won't restore. I know settings sometimes get a bit wigged out when restoring from and older point upgrade. Thanks, Kris & thanks for helping to revive the forums. Much love.
    04-26-13 10:51 AM
    Can anyone confirm that setting will stay open after a reboot?
    04-26-13 10:51 AM
    That's what I was thinking...Going to wipe first and if works then, I won't restore. I know settings sometimes get a bit wigged out when restoring from and older point upgrade. Thanks, Kris & thanks for helping to revive the forums. Much love.
    Do what I can
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-26-13 10:52 AM
    Second person to mention it, I find it interesting because I purchased an app yesterday and don't have that option. Hmm have you tried checking payment option settings after a reboot? Cause I know I had rebooted my device since I purchased the app.
    Reboot will revert the fix...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:53 AM
    was just lazy to type further ;-)
    04-26-13 10:55 AM
    Reversal of Fortune.

It was a long night. I posted that everything was working after installing .1483, since I had tested most things. I watched TV for about a half hour and then picked up the Z10 and tried to open Kindle. I got:

Sorry!
    The process system.apps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    Force close.

I soon found that all Android ports were affected the same way. I assume that "system.apps" is the Android runtime. So I tried:

-- Reboot.
    -- Battery pull.
    -- Uninstall and reinstall all Android ports.

No luck. The same error persisted. Then I got crazy, did a security wipe, reinstalled .1483 and did not restore app data and settings. I reinstalled the Android ports manually. That didn't work either.

So, as of this morning, the Android runtime is borked. Keep in mind that the OS installation etc. all went smoothly. There were no discernible errors or glitches. This is similar to what happened when I installed .1429.

Since I seem to be the only person experiencing this, I'm beginning to suspect a hardware fault of some kind, although I can't really see how that could be either. It's certainly odd that the Android apps did work for a while. I'm guessing the "official" release, when it comes, will give me the same result. I don't think this leak could be all that different, at this late date.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'm open to suggestions.
    I would suggest try your Android ports one by one to find the issue, this happened to me with my own developed android app, fixed it since then.

A list of which ports you're using might help

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:55 AM
    Confirmed...rebooting breaks the payment options.
    04-26-13 10:56 AM
    No, unfortunately not...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:56 AM
    Not sure if anyone posted this but you can now delete individual messages in a text convo but clicking the message. Pretty cool.
    04-26-13 10:59 AM
    Not sure if anyone posted this but you can now delete individual messages in a text convo but clicking the message. Pretty cool.
    That been there since 10.0

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 11:00 AM
    Weird issue I have, not sure if it's the OS or Link, when trying to sync music from pc to device it will go halfway and then I get a message that says my sdcard have been disconnected, even though I can still access it via Explorer.

Any one seeing something similar?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 11:02 AM
    That been there since 10.0
    Been there since OS5
    04-26-13 11:03 AM
    Went as expected but can't get my Yahoo mail any more, calendar, contact and messenger work but email is shoot.
    Then I got issues with two app's, the X-phone crashes after the splash screen, BeBuzz can't show any colours neither on its selection screen which is just blank nor does it shows any LED color for the contacts. Anything else looks good.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 11:03 AM
    Been there since OS5
    LOL that's true

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 11:04 AM
    My text messaging is completely destroyed. If someone replies to a message, it shows up under a completely other persons name. Tried to delete the message thread to see if that would help, but no luck, I can't delete the thread at all. It's completely random too. Person A replies to me and it shows under person B then when I go back to person A's thread and try to message them, I get a reply from person C. It's so effed up its not even funny.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 11:05 AM
    Went as expected but can't get my Yahoo mail any more, calendar, contact and messenger work but email is shoot.
    Then I got issues with two app's, the X-phone crashes after the splash screen, BeBuzz can't show any colours neither on its selection screen which is just blank nor does it shows any LED color for the contacts. Anything else looks good.

Posted via CB10
    BeBuzz u believe is being updated for 10.1 support

Posted via CB10
    Reboot will revert the fix...

Posted via CB10
    Good to know, just did the fix to test as well, and can confirm reboot drops fix, so basically the BBWorld drops that information into settings for the RAM, though a reboot will of course reset all RAM
    My text messaging is completely destroyed. If someone replies to a message, it shows up under a completely other persons name. Tried to delete the message thread to see if that would help, but no luck, I can't delete the thread at all. It's completely random too. Person A replies to me and it shows under person B then when I go back to person A's thread and try to message them, I get a reply from person C. It's so effed up its not even funny.

Posted via CB10
    Do a secure wipe, reset up 10.1.0.1483 without a back up file
    04-26-13 11:06 AM
    Found a bug...at least on my device. When I go into a bbm chat via the hub I cant swipe back overto the hub. I have to swip left to the main app screen, then swipe right, then swipe right again to try and get back to the hub. Sometimes this takes a few tries. Anyone else?
    04-26-13 11:09 AM
    I'm starting to notice that people are having issues with the leak after a back up restore. I highly suggest as much as it may suck not to do a back up restore. Remember this is a leak. Link may recognize our devices however the backup system may become wonky. Bad sectors and data can be back up or even good sectors can be forgotten. Vice versa bad sectors may be reloaded or good sectors may not get loaded.

Best way to do this is to make sure all your contacts are saved to some cloud service ie Gmail, Outlook, Exchange, so it's a simple server restore.

Emails and everything else will come back faster when you do it manually than wait a few hours for a back up restore

Apps will be quicker to download through App World, and although you may lose app specific settings, it's not a huge loss to reset them back up
    mscooley, root and npunk42 like this.
    04-26-13 11:10 AM
1,099 ... 2223242526 ...