05-11-13 05:08 PM
1,099 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    How do I restore my Z10 to the original OS, I try using this leaked OS but it's too buggy for me. Some of my text are being mixed between contacts, no good. I tried to do a security wipe, but it wiped the phone but kept same 10.1 OS.
    Check out my FAQ thread to see how to return to old OS

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:59 AM
    Thanks very much, Kris. At least I don't have to worry about the 30 days, then, it's just an inconvenience.
    Hopefully Google fixes that soon

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:00 AM
    Hey, I have also tried reloading backup and done so from 2 different back ups and still the same issue :s. Thanks for the reply
    04-26-13 10:01 AM
    I'm still trying to understand why the Android runtime has failed. Clearly it's not the apps themselves, since my 2nd restore didn't include them. The Android runtime is part of the OS itself, right? So installing the OS from the autoloader should provide a working Android runtime, even with no Android port installed.

I'd try again on my office computer but I can't even get the Z10 device drivers to install properly on this machine, so that's not an option.

I'm trying to wrap my head around why just a couple of us would have a corrupt Android runtime from this installation, and what to do about it.
    04-26-13 10:06 AM
    HDR is cool but the contacts are driving me insane.... I'm jumping ship
    Most apps running great. Better battery. NO REBOOTS even with a few active tiles!!! Will update...

Posted via CB10
    Has anyone noticed that some Side Loaded apps or Android apps from Blackberry World are not playing audio??

Does anyone else have this issue? Its not all apps but a few for me.
    04-26-13 10:09 AM
    I'm still trying to understand why the Android runtime has failed. Clearly it's not the apps themselves, since my 2nd restore didn't include them. The Android runtime is part of the OS itself, right? So installing the OS from the autoloader should provide a working Android runtime, even with no Android port installed.

I'd try again on my office computer but I can't even get the Z10 device drivers to install properly on this machine, so that's not an option.

I'm trying to wrap my head around why just a couple of us would have a corrupt Android runtime from this installation, and what to do about it.
    That is quite interesting, have you tried a install without a backup restore?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:10 AM
    That is quite interesting, have you tried a install without a backup restore?

Posted via CB10
    I did an install without a full restore; I excluded apps/data.

Maybe I should try it again without even going into Link. Just run the autoloader and do everything manually.
    04-26-13 10:11 AM
    Absolutely!

My carrier hotspots appeared right after the install and I was able to connect. With the previous os (official) they won't show.
    04-26-13 10:16 AM
    I'd do a wipe and reload with the autoloader. Then sideload an app and see if it works.

If it does, cool. Then do a restore and see if it works with the same sideloaded app.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:16 AM

Did you restore anything using Link? I had the same thing happen to me on the previous leak, where none of my Android apps would work (ported, or sideloaded). I put it down to something borked in my backup file, because after a reload without restoring anything and manually reloading everything, all was ok.

I did the same again when installing this OS yesterday, by not restoring anything, and again all was ok with my Android apps.

Link is crap!
    04-26-13 10:18 AM
    I did an install without a full restore; I excluded apps/data.

Maybe I should try it again without even going into Link. Just run the autoloader and do everything manually.
    I'd suggest that I don't even turn on link until I've set everything back up on my phone myself I don't trust restoring back ups to many things can go wrong and being that we are installing and backing up leaks now link may not like it and screw some files up

Posted via CB10
    For some strange reason my twitter wont load tweets. Only see the spinning circle thing. Anyone else experiencing the same problem after the update?

Posted via CB10
    g2gcya likes this.
    Can anyone tell me if you can add to a calendar with Google Apps via Activesync in this version ?
    04-26-13 10:19 AM
    For some strange reason my twitter wont load tweets. Only see the spinning circle thing. Anyone else experiencing the same problem after the update?

Posted via CB10
    Did you update the twitter app? I had the same issue until I updated twitter.
    Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:24 AM
    Can any of you face the problem of Facebook? It never shows any notification if I close Facebook app. It is quite strange unlike on OS10.0. I always get notification even without turning the Facebook app on.

Posted via CB10
    This is the same issue I'm having!
    04-26-13 10:25 AM
    I'd suggest that I don't even turn on link until I've set everything back up on my phone myself I don't trust restoring back ups to many things can go wrong and being that we are installing and backing up leaks now link may not like it and screw some files up
    I'll try it. Gmail contacts and calendar will populate automatically, and the time it takes me to reinstall apps is probably less than what I'm spending doing restores that end up breaking the Android runtime anyway.
    04-26-13 10:25 AM
    My problem, with this leak and the one before. Not sure if it's just me, but I'm having issues with horizontal swiping in BB App world, and others.

I slide to the left, and as I slide my finger tends to drop down a bit during the swipe.
    On the official, it slides fine and only horizontally.
    On the leaks, it slides horizontally but then starts to go vertically. Making switching screenshots in App world a pain because it starts to scroll down...
    04-26-13 10:27 AM
    PAYMENT options working fine after you buy one app :-)
    04-26-13 10:36 AM
    Contacts still show wrong DOBs...always 1 day ahead :-(
    CalDav connex with my synology still does not work...
    04-26-13 10:38 AM
    Is a security wipe first necessary?
    04-26-13 10:39 AM
    I can't seem to send texts, I hit send then it just disappears. Reinstall needed?

Posted via CB10
    Ever get any advice on this? Having the same issue.
    PAYMENT options working fine after you buy one app :-)
    Second person to mention it, I find it interesting because I purchased an app yesterday and don't have that option. Hmm have you tried checking payment option settings after a reboot? Cause I know I had rebooted my device since I purchased the app.
    Is a security wipe first necessary?
    I would suggest yes, just to be on the safe side
    04-26-13 10:40 AM
1,099 ... 2122232425 ...