08-16-13 03:00 PM
1,752 ... 6061626364 ...
tools
    I am wondering the same thing. Trying to find the best radio file for my STL100-4. The first call I got running .483 and the .340 radio cut out on me, so I switched to this radio file. I was curious if you were still running this combo and had any thoughts.

Thanks.
    Run the . 4634 radio from the M.R leak, seems pretty stable on. 483 for my stl100-4... no dropped calls yet.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:00 PM
    Run the . 4634 radio from the M.R leak, seems pretty stable on. 483 for my stl100-4... no dropped calls yet.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks...my initial reaction was it was burning thru the battery, but it is starting to calm down. The .340 radio had great battery life going, then I got a call and poof! Cannot have dropped calls.

Regards.
    07-16-13 04:07 PM
    Thanks...my initial reaction was it was burning thru the battery, but it is starting to calm down. The .340 radio had great battery life going, then I got a call and poof! Cannot have dropped calls.

Regards.
    . 4544 radio plays nice as well if you wanna give it ago... that's what I was running before w/.483

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:15 PM
    I am still searching for the best radio for the STL100-2

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:28 PM
    Okay, while this has been fun, I'm going back to the 10.1 MR.
    If I may, could you explain how to identify a maintenance release? Can an average Joe just see it and say to themselves oh look that there is 10.1 MR I'll take one of them to go thank you very much?

I can't seem to find the answer on my own. Sometimes I'm slow on the up take.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:38 PM
    If I may, could you explain how to identify a maintenance release? Can an average Joe just see it and say to themselves oh look that there is 10.1 MR I'll take one of them to go thank you very much?

I can't seem to find the answer on my own. Sometimes I'm slow on the up take.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    All builds with 10.1.0.4xxx considered MR leaks. They are pretty stable, fast and bug free. And almost available for any device without modifying anything. Latest one is 4633.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-16-13 04:42 PM
    SOOOOOOOOO I've done everything step by step and I still can't restore anything!!! HELP!
    07-16-13 04:43 PM
    SOOOOOOOOO I've done everything step by step and I still can't restore anything!!! HELP!
    Restore settings first. Then App data and media.
    07-16-13 05:21 PM
    My keyboard, scrolling in the hub and even some apps aren't responding as they should anymore.

My keyboard just gets white squares around the letter but doesn't actually type anything.

Hub scrolling has 0 response and if it does, all it does is highlights why I'm touching but no activation.

Same with apps.

Reloading the OS....

Found the fix - http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-483-a-829067/
    Last edited by Djlatino; 07-16-13 at 09:08 PM.
    07-16-13 05:28 PM
    All builds with 10.1.0.4xxx considered MR leaks. They are pretty stable, fast and bug free. And almost available for any device without modifying anything. Latest one is 4633.

Thanks I have that file 4633. Just need a PC and I'll give it a go.

But how do know it's an mr? I know little about versioning other then nightly builds to beta and MR and Gold and some in between. But how can a person know where any given version is in the cue?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:31 PM
    Vecharo
    Look here http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-483-a-828698/ Post# 156 "thurask". Read the whole post. Very interesting. Good luck.
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 06:41 PM
    As some say can you change the toast notification colour ? If so how? Please help. Many thanks.
    07-16-13 10:19 PM
    Have I just been "lucky"? I have been running this as my daily driver since it came about with pretty close to no issues... only thing I have run into is viewing pics from an app at times. Batt life is great, no dropped calls, everything flows well and apps work well (now that I have figured the debug token deal out) ect. If this is a sign of things to come I am getting even more excited!!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 10:44 PM
    Have I just been "lucky"? I have been running this as my daily driver since it came about with pretty close to no issues... only thing I have run into is viewing pics from an app at times. Batt life is great, no dropped calls, everything flows well and apps work well (now that I have figured the debug token deal out) ect. If this is a sign of things to come I am getting even more excited!!

Posted via CB10
    I'm in the same boat as you.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    07-16-13 10:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nope I loved it. I've been messing with 663 but depending on how long the 7xx buid or whatever we get next takes I may go back. .663 is amazingly quick though. See how long I can last without phone calls hah! Forwarding calls to my 9900 right now, OLD SCHOOL!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 11:19 PM
    Nope I loved it. I've been messing with 663 but depending on how long the 7xx buid or whatever we get next takes I may go back. .663 is amazingly quick though. See how long I can last without phone calls hah! Forwarding calls to my 9900 right now, OLD SCHOOL!

Posted via CB10
    I have been terribly tempted to try and mess with that one myself... I even pulled out my old torch and charged it up... but I can't put this Z down! Maybe if somehow someone figures a calling feature (yes I know it will NOT work) IL jump. Otherwise I'm chilling here

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 11:28 PM
    I have been terribly tempted to try and mess with that one myself... I even pulled out my old torch and charged it up... but I can't put this Z down! Maybe if somehow someone figures a calling feature (yes I know it will NOT work) IL jump. Otherwise I'm chilling here

Posted via CB10
    Haha I don't blame you. Word is .783 is floating in the wind right now. Still no radio though. The 9900 is still a great device for phone calls I can live without it on my Z until the radio gets leaked.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 11:39 PM
    Forgive me if this already has been asked and answered:

On .228, there was an issue with Bluetooth and phone calls, particularly in regard to Microsoft SYNC. Has anyone tested .483 with SYNC and, if so, does it work properly?
    I don't know about SYNC, but I have not had any problems with my bluetooth on any of the leaks. My vehicle came with factory equipment. My wife's truck has an aftermarket system and does not have any problems with either my or my wife's phone (she is running a 10.1 leak and I am running a 10.2).

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 11:43 PM
    One thing I noticed is that previews make your keyboard slip down even when using. Kind of annoying, too bad I had to turn it off

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 12:04 AM
    oh ok / one last thing do u have the link for the sideloaded BBM channel ??
    http://www.blackberry.com/beta

posted via CB10 on the amazing Z10 keyboard
    07-17-13 12:07 AM
    One thing I noticed is that previews make your keyboard slip down even when using. Kind of annoying, too bad I had to turn it off

Posted via CB10
    Fixed in .663.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 12:31 AM
    Thanks I have that file 4633. Just need a PC and I'll give it a go.

But how do know it's an mr? I know little about versioning other then nightly builds to beta and MR and Gold and some in between. But how can a person know where any given version is in the cue?

Posted via CB10
    We assumed it that they are 10.1 MR releases. All feature that they promised for 10.1 MR are in them.
    This is a an intermittent release before 10.2, and I believe the official one will be available within a month.
    To clarify naming conventions:
    MR stands for Maintenance Release. They call it like that, because no new really fancy features, just some useful ones. Simple password, forever sync option for emails (not only a limited time frame), and some small features like: escalate to call (you can call a contact from SMS by using actions) or line break within BBM or texts.

For 10.2 there are only Alpha and Beta releases. They are unstable and buggy. And alpha releases not even feature rich they are really a work in progress. For Betas, new features are available they should work and reflect what they're planning but these new additions not always working.
    After they finished the development, they go into extensive testing to give you a supposedly bug free experience. These releases are usually called Release Candidate (RC). BlackBerry itself don't release such officially, but for example the 10.1 MR leaks could be considered RCs. These versions are almost completely feature locked, so if a new MR release pops up, you shouldn't expect big things, some minor improvements (in speed, bugs, battery life).
    Gold release means they feel confident to release it, and they want to release it publicly. The version what they will publish called Gold, because it's finished. (to put it in a context, games and apps that are published on DVD, the developers send the Gold version to the factory) there could be further bugfixes in the future, but it should give you a great experience.
    Also, for developers there are Gold releases, they mean that new services, like miracast, geofencing, or headless apps feature set and APIs (Application Programming Interface) are complete, you can start to develop using those. Developer Gold releases are not stable but feature full. APIs used to communicate with the system and services. For example, if one of your apps is integrated into Share function on your device, it uses an API to achieve it.

Hopefully this all makes sense and helps you to clarify the naming conventions used by developers. If you have any other questions please let me know.

07-17-13 01:14 AM
    My Z10 wipes it self last night. It run very smooth, the only bad thing was the battery life. I was not able to get more than 5 hours out of it.

Now it stucks on SIM initialisation and reboots again and again. Im back to 10.1 for some days and waiting for the next leak.
    thx to everyone whos is giving us all the leaks, its fun every time
    07-17-13 04:06 AM
    I am still searching for the best radio for the STL100-2

Any results?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 05:06 AM
    Running .4634 radio on my Verizon STL-100-4 and seems very stable so far.
    07-17-13 06:39 AM
1,752 ... 6061626364 ...