08-16-13 04:00 PM
1,752 ... 5758596061 ...
tools
    I would like to think just bout any android app would run almost flawlessly now but I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have this os? Unfortunately not all run. Its not a full baked 4.2.2, in fact Kris's newer OS is better
    07-14-13 05:21 PM
    Don't know if maybe it's because I have parental controls on but I really doubt it because even when I turn that off it messed up how I had my icons set outside of that. Idk, it's not too big a deal but just kind of weird...

Posted via CB10 on my AWESOME VZW STL100-4 Z10!
    I had this issue with a 10.1 build, turned out to be a corrupt backup. Did you restore? If so do you have an earlier backup you can try?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 05:35 PM
    I was not able to restore my contacts. reflashing 483 now. hopefully it works. I don't want to go back down to 10.1 though.
    07-14-13 05:37 PM
    Is all this restore nonsense making anyone else miss the ability to piece meal your backup and restore information from legacy?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 05:46 PM
    Is all this restore nonsense making anyone else miss the ability to piece meal your backup and restore information from legacy?

Posted via CB10
    I'm trying to figure out why some folks can restore and why some can't. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with it...
    07-14-13 05:54 PM
    hey guys,

10.2 has added a lot of neat shortcuts that i love. Moving settings to Cascades is a blessing, i don't have to swipe out of reflex for nothing.
    adding the attachment icon in the hub is brilliant, and the options to sort them is great. Action Notification is also something i have been using frequently, it has made me use the hub less often, i am not longer interrupting my work. The idea of flow is now greatly enhanced.

The one downside is the battery, it's draining fast and the charging has been erratic. one minute is charges well, the next even the playbook charger is not enough to supply decent power. the 750 am charger is sometimes in the negative on charge. some process is overheating the phone and burning energy like hell. I am also losing LTE often dropping to 4g, something that happened a lot less before.
    you mentioned about the battery, the first time i loaded the 10.2.0.483 os the battery worked fine had a good 8-10 hours with. But when I connected the charger, the notice to use the charger that came along with the device, came up again and again and again. I did what some of the guys told here to restart and to pull the battery out but those did not work either. The only way for me to charge without that notice coming out was to connect the device to the laptop. Yesterday, the charging was really erratic. there were times that instead of charging, it kept draining! (Wierd!!!) However, I decided to plug it back to a wall socket. had to charge the phone overnight. When I woke up, the charging level was at 98% - that was for about 8 hours of charging, as i type right now, phone is getting warm again and has discharged 10% already in less than an hour. I think my phone seems not to be compatible with 10.2 leaks.I'm using an stl 100-2.
    07-14-13 05:55 PM
    I'm trying to figure out why some folks can restore and why some can't. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with it...
    With my carrier initial build I could not even make a backup... since then I don't have such issues. I always thought that some android port apps messed up something.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-14-13 06:06 PM
    So it's now the third day with this build and its settled in nice. Battery is good, the true test however will be Thursday when I travel. BES works and my work intranet also. Connects to my playbook again and the new features are nice.

I reinstalled all the previous android apps I had before and all work as before.

Restore process worked, but caused my phone to never recover after a reboot so I've opted to not restore. In the end everything gets restored through bes anyway. Only bookmarks are missing and I manually added them after.

This build is stable enough for me that it will be my OS daily driver until a new build is available.

Really looking forward to a newer android player that will run other apps. Ones I have that didn't run on the old version still don't.

All in all for me, worth the upgrade at this point.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 06:30 PM
    Can anyone help? On the first link, I'm getting "error downloading due to export restrictions". I'm clicking on the 100-4 link for my VZW Z10.
    There are about 7 different mirrors, throughout this thread
    i'm getting the same "export" error from the BlackBerry site for 10.2.0.341, and the other mirrors all seem to to point to that site. I'm in the US, and I checked with my ISP, which happens to be AT&T Uverse, to make sure their IP address isn't coming from outside the US or Canada, and they assured me it wasn't.

TommyBB--are you also on AT&T Uverse or DSL, by any chance?

Is there a non-BB site from which to DL 341? I have 483.
    07-14-13 06:44 PM
    TommyBB--are you also on AT&T Uverse or DSL, by any chance?

Is there a non-BB site from which to DL 341? I have 483.
    I'm on AT&T Uverse with 100 Mbits down, downloaded no issues from the site, there are no mirrors unless someone has already posted on, if you all just need one mirror for STL100-4, have you already checked by searching the forums? If not and I check back later, I don't mind do this now, but if I do it will probably on MEGA, and I don't want anyone complaining lawlz
    07-14-13 07:30 PM
    I think I've narrowed it down to two or three things, there all replicable, but the problem is they would all be due to user's impatience, the only valid bug I've found is for those who cannot backup from a 10.1 to 10.2, there's a way, not for the average user, but it's possible... Anyway, I still cannot find anything wrong with BB Link or the software if things are done properly

It's just strange that there is a group of us who have had no issues at all, but it seems like we are rather attentive to detail
    07-14-13 07:33 PM
    I'm on AT&T Uverse with 100 Mbits down, downloaded no issues from the site,
    I'm envious of your Uverse. I can only get 16 MBS down, and a little less than 1 MBS up, where I am--a mile from the central station and no fiber optics here yet.
    07-14-13 07:47 PM
    I'm envious of your Uverse. I can only get 16 MBS down, and a little less than 1 MBS up, where I am--a mile from the central station and no fiber optics here yet.
    We're in a trial market, but we do have fiber to the house, and we do have some fiber lines through the house as well, and Cat7 lines running through the walls everywhere, you can't really make much use of the connection except downloading large files like these from large servers that can handle it

P.S. you would have a 16 Mbps connection not a 16 MBS it's a huge difference lawlz my 100 Mbps connection translates into a 12.5 MBps connection which would be slower than yours, so that "b" vs "B" counts
    07-14-13 07:51 PM
    question...ive found the battery life and consumption best on the 10.2.0.228 alpha build. With this in mind, can i security wipe it and install the new leak from kris 10.2.0.483?

in theory i guess yes but was really wondering if anyone has tried this configuration?

thanks in advance

EDIT: ok so i didnt have the patience to wait for reples!!! its working and currently im re-installing all my apps, not from a backup mind. seems to be running smoothly....will report on the battery consumption in a day or so
    Last edited by mradil; 07-14-13 at 08:17 PM.
    07-14-13 07:53 PM
    Quick question....is there a hybrid for. 483?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 08:04 PM
    P.S. you would have a 16 Mbps connection not a 16 MBS it's a huge difference lawlz my 100 Mbps connection translates into a 12.5 MBps connection which would be slower than yours, so that "b" vs "B" counts
    Thanks for the clarification. The 12-16 Mbps down is plenty fast, but I think the 1 Mbps up is too slow for something like hi-def Skype. I can't get the faster package of 24/3-4 here.
    07-14-13 08:04 PM
    why am i not able to do a restore after installing this os? when i try from link, it starts up the restore and even on phone it starts to show up the progress but then it just disappears. There is no error or anything, it just says restore did not complete..any help?
    07-14-13 08:11 PM
    I just found that the bottom Android bar disappeared after I manually installed some android apps using the latest method of xsacha, http://forums.crackberry.com/android...erry10-817781/

This is the best news so far for me for this leak.

I just need someone else to confirm this.
    07-14-13 08:28 PM
    why am i not able to do a restore after installing this os? when i try from link, it starts up the restore and even on phone it starts to show up the progress but then it just disappears. There is no error or anything, it just says restore did not complete..any help?
    Did you make sure you installed the files in the correct order? It won't restore if done in the wrong order-- to fix it you have to downgrade to a 10.1 os and then reinstall this os and the back up will work (how do I know this ---i was busy chatting with mom's when I put it on her phone that I didn't pay attention to the files I was clicking and spent the better part of an hour trying to fix it before I figured out what I needed to do).

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    sheeraz_aa likes this.
    07-14-13 08:38 PM
    Did you make sure you installed the files in the correct order? It won't restore if done in the wrong order-- to fix it you have to downgrade to a 10.1 os and then reinstall this os and the back up will work (how do I know this ---i was busy chatting with mom's when I put it on her phone that I didn't pay attention to the files I was clicking and spent the better part of an hour trying to fix it before I figured out what I needed to do).

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    I installed the Os from the first link and then did a security wipe and then installed the Os from the second link. Then I tried to restore from link and it didn't work. Should I do another security wipe and try again?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 08:46 PM
    Everything works awesome except for Android app functions took a backseat from 2354.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 08:51 PM

My restore is 100% good. Glad i have no issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 08:58 PM
    I installed the Os from the first link and then did a security wipe and then installed the Os from the second link. Then I tried to restore from link and it didn't work. Should I do another security wipe and try again?

Posted via CB10
    No this will do nothing, it all has to do with the original backup file and the BB Link configuration internally, if it isn't restoring it won't restore for now... In other words if you're already having issues, you will have issues, unless you fall in the 0.01% who just have bad BB Link installs.

I'd refer you back to the post above: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post8823527
    07-14-13 09:15 PM
    never mind, I restarted Z10 and the bottom bar came back,

I just found that the bottom Android bar disappeared after I manually installed some android apps using the latest method of xsacha, http://forums.crackberry.com/android...erry10-817781/

This is the best news so far for me for this leak.

I just need someone else to confirm this.
    07-14-13 09:30 PM
    With my carrier initial build I could not even make a backup... since then I don't have such issues. I always thought that some android port apps messed up something.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Can't restore and the only port installed is skype. Could it be that?

Posted via CB10
    igorochek likes this.
    07-14-13 11:23 PM
1,752 ... 5758596061 ...