08-16-13 03:00 PM
1,752 ... 4748495051 ...
tools
    With one finger, peek back into the hub, at half way thru the peek, "scroll" up or down with the finger on screen, watch the highlighted message change, release and go into that message

Posted via CB10
    This is a really nice one, once you're used to it!
    Btw. this works on 10.1 too i am no the 4543 OS!
    aibrahi3 likes this.
    07-11-13 08:19 AM
    Has anyone tried to extract the old android runtime from a 10.1 build and install it to this OS? I know getting 4.22 was a big part of why we all installed this, but since it's not working for a lot of apps, I'm wondering if we can just side load an old runtime as a temporary measure to get the apps working without downgrading the whole OS until a more stable Leak comes out?

Posted via CB10
    I guess I'll have to give this a try myself and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    I did that this morning and now my android player is broken until I get home from work - wouldn't recommend it

Note: I tried the one from 4543, not. 228 - I think others tried 228 in this topic but don't recall their results

Posted via CB10 with my Q10
    07-11-13 08:43 AM
    Resolved my battery drain. For anyone using Outlook or Hotmail you need to disable push email. Push is draining my batt at 1.6 Watts in idle standby! There seems to be no setting for manual but I think it defaults to 15 minutes. For some reason Gmail accounts don't have this problem.

Powered by QNX
    I use Outlook and all of my folders are set up for syncing and push is turned on, and I don't have idle battery drain. It's not an ultimate solution but I'm glad that it made go away for you. Also, I suggest to turn it back in after a day, and check if the issue is still persist. Also thanks for the tip, I guess it can help quite a few people here with such problems.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-11-13 08:55 AM
    I did that this morning and now my android player is broken until I get home from work - wouldn't recommend it

Note: I tried the one from 4543, not. 228 - I think others tried 228 in this topic but don't recall their results

That's disappointing. If anyone tried. 228 and got it working please chime in. I don't recall seeing anything about it earlier in the thread.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:59 AM
    Loaded 10.2.0.483 on my Z10-3 with Rogers. Some observations:
    1. Restore would not work (1st time that has happened)
    2. One Group BBM message cannot be deleted or even marked read.
    3. Using GAAPS with active sync - Contacts are 50% sync'ed after 24 hours, Calendar entries are visible in HUB (above messages) but not visible in the Calendar app (confirmed settings are correct)
    4. Some of the apps are lagging (contacts, compose)
    5. MAPS is working fine
    6. Really like the colour coding for emails and toasts.
    If I can get the Calendar display sorted out I could keep this as my daily OS.
    chiefx13 likes this.
    07-11-13 09:11 AM
    Minor annoyance - when powering the phone on every time it displays the welcome to priority inbox even though it is off every time. Other than that OS is really good.

Posted via CB10
    I can confirm that as well on my STL100-2

Posted via CB10
    aibrahi3 likes this.
    07-11-13 09:42 AM
    App 1 - DroneMobile + App 2 - Granny Smith (game):
    Error (404)
    We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.
    Updated links! Not sure what happened, they were working yesterday.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...mith_1.3.2.apk
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...neApp_v2.1.apk
    07-11-13 10:06 AM
    I cannot for the life of me get this to work
    Figured it out finally. I kept trying it while in a text from my gf, tried doing it from an email and worked like a charm.
    07-11-13 10:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Can't wait to see what happens here. I may jump back to this leak if you can get it to work.
    07-11-13 11:11 AM
    Nvm.. looks like it may have been the OS still settling in.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:27 AM
    Honestly, I don't understand the issues people are having with this OS. I've been running this for 2 days now and there are no OS crippling issues like app compatibility and battery drain.
    Haven't noticed any app lagging, Android side loads are fast as hell and on heavy use, I get about 5% drain per hour. Additionally, unlike what Kris said, carrier apps are working fine and the toasts are a fantastic feature that I can't see going without.
    For anyone wondering if this is good enough to have as the primary day-to-day OS, I would 100% recommend it. By far the fastest, cleanest and best battery life out of any previous releases (as long as you don't mind the superimposed PIN). Other than that, just follow Kris' instructions and you should be good to go.
    07-11-13 11:29 AM
    Any fix for phone not working on this leak?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:30 AM
    So how is everyone's experience so far on this leak I find it hard to believe there is this many problems I have never had some of these things. But of course I don't sideload.

Posted from my Q10 on the addicting CB
    07-11-13 11:33 AM
    I'm using the .93 radio could that be the issue?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:34 AM
    So how is everyone's experience so far on this leak I find it hard to believe there is this many problems I have never had some of these things. But of course I don't sideload.

There's 49 pages full of answers before you
    My experience is posted on page 40. No sideloaded apps on my Q10, but have run into some issues and am still debating if I should keep this and wait for the next 10.2 leak, or if I just want to go back to 10.1
    07-11-13 11:38 AM
    Broke my heart but had to go back to Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.4543

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:43 AM
    Wechat already has its native bar on Z10.
    It has a NATIVE bar???? Did I miss that? Care to elaborate please???

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    07-11-13 11:46 AM
    There's 49 pages full of answers before you
    My experience is posted on page 40. No sideloaded apps on my Q10, but have run into some issues and am still debating if I should keep this and wait for the next 10.2 leak, or if I just want to go back to 10.1
    Trust me I have read every last page I don't consider some comments like works good on mine as a experience I was asking for a mini review.

Not just sideloaded apps. Android ports are acting funky. Drop-Box is completely broken as well.
    Can't wait to see what happens here. I may jump back to this leak if you can get it to work.

Dosen't look like i'll be trying it...

If anyone has found a version that does work, please do tell. Not sure how long I can stay on this leak with half my android apps not working.
    07-11-13 12:10 PM
    Feedback on toast notifications..

- When the notification pops up, it should not interrupt any action the user is in the middle of completing, IE. force hiding the keyboard.

- If the notification is for a conversation I am currently viewing, the notification should not appear.. IE, being in BBM, talking to contact A, contact A reply's.. I can see the response in the thread open in front of me AND a notification at the top of the screen at the same time..

- when replying via the notification to a bbm message, enter should send the message not complete a carriage return. Replying via the notification is for quick reply's, if I want to send a full formatted response with spaces, I'll go answer from the hub. Please don't make me put a space, backspace and then reach back up to press send every time!

Hopefully somebody is listing and these are addressed for the official release!
    07-11-13 12:19 PM
    Spent an hour on the phone (10 to 11) with webex running and sending a few emails. While the multi-tasking was great, 25% drop in one hour was brutal. Might need to go back to 4543 although I'm not sure how much better it would be.

Attachment 181544
    07-11-13 12:38 PM
    thx for the leak kris
    i already have it some days running
    and the android apps works great
    only the battery life is sucking like a vampier out of it
    like in 8 hour it sucked 75% battery life and i did not even use it just wanted to check it
    cuz when i use it like 3-4 hour it will be already on less then 50% and i only use it for whatsapp facebook ect
    so that is the only down sight so far what i notice but the rest works great! love the new futures

Posted from: The Netherlands.
    07-11-13 12:51 PM
    thats my problem, been trying that for a week... each different service or mail client I have tried it messes them all up ROYALY. I even paid for the contact x program and their answer to me was use gmail and use that sync and then come back to contact x to upload it to the phone that the Z10 is "stupid" and "messes it up"
    seriously about to pull out the torch just to run the two way sync real fast and pop sim back into the Z lol. Im out of back doors at this point

That's why you should download intouchappcontacts from BB world. It's free and it gets the job done. For contacts only though. I gave up on BB link a long time ago.
    07-11-13 12:51 PM
1,752 ... 4748495051 ...