08-16-13 04:00 PM
1,752 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    Is there any app that allows you to back up all your settings, media and data to a cloud storage?

Posted via CB10
    only if you move the .bbb file by hand to dropbox/box/sugarsync or whatever
    07-10-13 05:42 PM
    Those who have the ghost notification for a VM, I went to the android forums and got an answer. LOL. Just leave yourself a voice mail, call and delete it.
    So simple, same method for a regular phone :|

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 05:46 PM
    I asked early but I will ask again, has anyone experienced no cellular connection? I have data and all that is fine texting and everything works.

Just can't make phone calls.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 05:55 PM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 05:58 PM
    I asked early but I will ask again, has anyone experienced no cellular connection? I have data and all that is fine texting and everything works.

Just can't make phone calls.

Posted via CB10
    So the cellular is constant, but you cannot make voice transmission, how about voice reception?
    07-10-13 05:59 PM
    Just an FYI for anyone out there.

I had to disabled alert notifications of each one and re enable them before they started coming threw. Like the National Weather Service and Amber Alerts. I didn't security wipe when I installed and this may be because of that but who knows. Its working tho. Its going off every 5 mins.
    07-10-13 05:59 PM
    struggling to get my media to restore..
    07-10-13 06:04 PM
    Back to 4543 as well for me. It is complete and works well. Not a big fan of the permanent android bar which Kris said was by design as people didn't know how to use gestures on ports. Hope BlackBerry is not going to play to the least common denominator in future builds.

Looking forward to Kris' awesomeness part 2 - 6 series build

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 06:05 PM
    Battery seems to suck on this one

Flicked via Z10
    07-10-13 06:05 PM
    Kris, how did you get access the Android settings? Is there an apk I can install?

Posted via CB10
    Use ghost commander.(appworld free)

The beanbag ui (flipping jelly beans) path is
    apps://com.android.systemui/Shortcuts/com.android.systemui.Beanbag

If that's what your after

Posted via CB10
    Bilaal likes this.
    07-10-13 06:07 PM
    I can't believe there isn't more talk of the pinch gesture for priority inbox.

BBM contacts and Email contacts can be selected when held in the hub and added to priority, then when you hit pinch gesture, those priority emails/bbms are the only messages in the hub (with a pretty light blue hilight) to show they are priority.

It's a friend filter.....and I can De prioritize the wife when she is all talky talky like.

Woot

The " favorited" priority seems busted in this build but doing as I said above will add contacts to the white list.

PS; if you hit pinch gesture and kris' BBM is the only pretty blue contact, you need to put your phone down and step away from the computer
    ddlax22, LP_Rigg, toobs623 and 3 others like this.
    07-10-13 06:14 PM
    Sorry meant to reply to a post. This is regarding remote access to computer. Definitely works with this build. I ended up signing out of link, closing link, deleting the pairing on my z10, turning off link on z10, then rebooting my computer. Signed back into link, turned link back to "on" on my z10...it now works perfectly. Shows media card, SD card, and computer, all with working access.
    MobileMadness002 and Foppa_21 like this.
    07-10-13 06:19 PM
    No, my Pc is not shown in the file manager but I can access to my SD card from my pc wirelessly as it shows up as a mapped drive under my computer.
    I answered this on the next page. Hope it works for you with these steps.
    07-10-13 06:22 PM
    Lol, you can all tell that I'm not great with the forum. I answered it right above. Sorry, I'm a donk.
    07-10-13 06:23 PM
    Use ghost commander.(appworld free)

The beanbag ui (flipping jelly beans) path is
    apps://com.android.systemui/Shortcuts/com.android.systemui.Beanbag

If that's what your after

Posted via CB10
    On my Z10, I cannot open the apps folder

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 06:24 PM
    The conversation mode for emails didn't seem to be grouping emails properly on this build for me.
    07-10-13 06:26 PM
    From home you should see applications.

Inside that is apps. Inside that us where it is.
    I too am using Z10

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 06:30 PM
    Sorry meant to reply to a post. This is regarding remote access to computer. Definitely works with this build. I ended up signing out of link, closing link, deleting the pairing on my z10, turning off link on z10, then rebooting my computer. Signed back into link, turned link back to "on" on my z10...it now works perfectly. Shows media card, SD card, and computer, all with working access.

Glad I read more of the thread. Had the same thing waiting to be posted and you explained it just as well if not better.
    07-10-13 06:30 PM

BBM contacts and Email contacts can be selected when held in the hub and added to priority, then when you hit pinch gesture, those priority emails/bbms are the only messages in the hub (with a pretty light blue hilight) to show they are priority.

It's a friend filter.....and I can De prioritize the wife when she is all talky talky like.

Woot

The " favorited" priority seems busted in this build but doing as I said above will add contacts to the white list.

PS; if you hit pinch gesture and kris' BBM is the only pretty blue contact, you need to put your phone down and step away from the computer
    And you can set your notifications to be priority only as well

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    07-10-13 06:32 PM
    Sadly this isn't working for me.
    07-10-13 06:33 PM
    And you can set your notifications to be priority only as well

Posted via CB10
    Yes!!! That too

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 06:34 PM
    From home you should see applications.

Inside that is apps. Inside that us where it is.
    I too am using Z10

Posted via CB10
    Got it mate! Thanks. Sitting in my meeting, flicking beans.

Posted via CB10
    molson0 likes this.
    07-10-13 06:41 PM

Woot

I don't seem to have any blue ones, nor does pinch seem to do anything. What do I need to do to set it up?
    07-10-13 06:51 PM
    I don't seem to have any blue ones, nor does pinch seem to do anything. What do I need to do to set it up?
    From the hub, hit the 3 dots/setting/priority inbox

Make sure "on" is active first in enable priority inbox

From a BBM or incoming email in the hub press and hold which one you want to prioritize. On the right side a menu will come out, hit the arrow pointing up. Now click the make priority circle and then ok.

Now that contact is priority in the white list and should be highlighted light blue in your hub. Click pinch gesture and it will be the only message in the hub. Rinse and repeat for more contacts.

You can also play with the setting in the priority inbox itself allowing for your name in emails and such to be priority
    I find restarting the hub if your really fidling with settings helped to show priority faster and fix any old priorities and such left from tests.

I can never go back now. I'm spoiled. THIS is innovative imo
    07-10-13 06:58 PM
    So the cellular is constant, but you cannot make voice transmission, how about voice reception?
    I have full bars, lte connection and BlackBerry connection. I can not receive calls or make calls...it just does not dial or anything...just shuts down...probably a bug, will retry to load Os and radio and see how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 07:01 PM
1,752 ... 4142434445 ...