08-16-13 03:00 PM
1,752 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    hi all,

i installed this leak but i have the same issue as on the 288.

when trying to restore my setting from link, it's cancelled.

how can i resolve this please ?

i'am on a SQN100-3
    Last edited by Yass85; 07-10-13 at 04:59 AM.
    07-10-13 04:37 AM
    Skype is better for communications imo.

Viber won't work well , when you try to sync your contacts , it will crash
    Yup, crashes upon opening and syncing contacts. I do like skype better, but she likes viber better and her family for regular calls. I'll convince her to get rid of it when she gets back next week lol
    07-10-13 04:45 AM
    Installed without any problem, restore went well.

My bugs so far are:
    1. Some bbm group notification in the hub still marked unread even though already opened. Any way to fix it?

2. The weather apps keeps crashing. Anyone here can share the bar of a confirmed working one in this build?

Thanks..

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:55 AM
    Can we get the op to list all the updated bar files? Might help some people

Flicked via Z10
    07-10-13 04:58 AM
    And a reliable password database.

As mentioned elsewhere, I rely on SMS Backup and KeepassB for these two items. Paid apps, but well worth their prices.

Uh, via CB10. And stuff.
    I know right? I do not need to go through all the hassle of going to pc and wasting time on desktop manager, it's just so inefficient. With BB protect on my 9900, I just manually (or set it to automatic daily/weekly) backup settings and that already includes sms, contacts, password keeper data and service books -- data which is the most important to end users and usually has the most issues when restoring. I said it is a differentiator because there is nothing like that in ios and android, a native backup app in the cloud available anytime, anywhere. BB already got that nailed, they understand what many users need. Then they removed it!
    07-10-13 05:04 AM
    Installed without any problem, restore went well.

My bugs so far are:
    1. Some bbm group notification in the hub still marked unread even though already opened. Any way to fix it?

2. The weather apps keeps crashing. Anyone here can share the bar of a confirmed working one in this build?

Thanks..

Posted via CB10
    If its for group pictures, Kris said to like the picture to get rid of the notifications... did the trick for me
    07-10-13 05:04 AM
    If its for group pictures, Kris said to like the picture to get rid of the notifications... did the trick for me
    Thanks tony..;D it also can be done by sending emoticon or just give comment on the group picture.

Posted via CB10
    tonytraj17 and Mecca EL like this.
    07-10-13 05:12 AM
    Battery life is dramatic

Z10 stl100-2 10.2.0.483
    07-10-13 05:15 AM
    Battery life is dramatic

Z10 stl100-2 10.2.0.483
    For you maybe, not for me, off charger at 8.00 am an 70 % left as we speak

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 05:18 AM
    After not being able to restore my Backup from 10.2.0.228+.341 Apps:

Installed 10.1.0.4543 and restored Backup from 10.2.0.228+.341Apps Combo fine.
    After that:
    Made 1.) Complete Backup 2.) Settings Only 3.) Media Only 4.) Application Data only

Reinstalled .341 -> Security Wipe -> .483 -> Tried to Restore the Full and the Partial Backups: Nothing works.

I will try the 10.1.0.4543 for now (espacially for using the "Forever" Option on my IMAP+POP Accounts which is still not in the 10.2.0.483 Leak) and wait for a more nearly-feature-complete and (relatively) stable Beta end of August or beginning September. I hope the 10.2 SDK Gold will make it in Time.

Link is latest .32 and i have tried everything which has worked in the past (including removing Device from Device Manager and not only from within Link; reinstalling Link; a dozen Security Wipes etc. etc. pp)

Anyway Thanks Kris for Sharing and Caring
    Last edited by MeerMusik; 07-10-13 at 05:23 AM. Reason: some additions
    07-10-13 05:19 AM
    Nobody wants to help me ?

hi all,

i installed this leak but i have the same issue as on the 288.

when trying to restore my setting from link, it's cancelled.

how can i resolve this please ?

i'am on a SQN100-3
    Last edited by Yass85; 07-10-13 at 05:30 AM.
    07-10-13 05:19 AM
    As mentioned yesterday, I'm having battery issues too. I keep getting the message about using the original charger the phone came with (which I am doing so) and I left my phone on to charge all night, I wake up and see my battery is down to like 5%, 5 minutes later, the phone shuts off.

I now have the charger plugged in a mains socket (I was using one of the extension lead sockets - closer to my bed) and it seems to charging fine, the phone has come back on and the message hasn't shown, yet.
    07-10-13 05:21 AM
    Not that half the folks will bother reading, but first post should be updated. I think there is enough bugs/ annoyances here that most will not use as a daily driver. The latest 10.1 is a better alternative I think. If the voice command really worked as well as Sri (it doesn't.) Still doesnt understand to turn on/off antennas or play music or a whole host of things. Couple of apps now broken (side loads and OS) android bar, and the PIN thing.... Plus on BES, toast and simple password are pretty much crippled.
    balenax likes this.
    07-10-13 05:23 AM
    Is there a way to hide (PIN) that appears on the screen?
    Yes! Hold down the top button for 5 seconds! I Promise you this will make it go away! (Betcha he don't read this!)
    toobs623, aibrahi3 and Pdinos3 like this.
    07-10-13 05:34 AM
    Not that half the folks will bother reading, but first post should be updated. I think there is enough bugs/ annoyances here that most will not use as a daily driver. The latest 10.1 is a better alternative I think. If the voice command really worked as well as Sri (it doesn't.) Still doesn’t understand to turn on/off antennas or play music or a whole host of things. Couple of apps now broken (side loads and OS) android bar, and the PIN thing.... Plus on BES, toast and simple password are pretty much crippled.
    the peeps should have known that from the start. this is a build to load, try, see the goodies and then go back to 10.1 or whatever you want, if your Blackberry is the main phone. I did that and now i'm really looking forward for a more polished 10.2, but reloaded 10.1 already for using my phone the way i need daily. Thanks again to Kris for giving us the opportunity to test and feel 10.2 for ourselves. . and happy new leak soon
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    07-10-13 05:34 AM
    I could not find out Smart trigger and wifi dirrect. Please help me
    07-10-13 05:38 AM
    The advantages of staying on this build, smoothness primarily, far outweighs not having video on instagram for me. Dropbox is also not working in file manager so I just sideloaded the bar file, problem solved.
    To clarify, I'm still on this build. No video isn't an issue for me but I was hoping the ARE was a bit more complete. Hopefully, once the beta drops it will be.
    07-10-13 05:50 AM
    Subway surfers no longer work, anyone tried it?

Posted via CB10
    Toronto-nians did!
    07-10-13 05:51 AM
    thats my problem, been trying that for a week... each different service or mail client I have tried it messes them all up ROYALY. I even paid for the contact x program and their answer to me was use gmail and use that sync and then come back to contact x to upload it to the phone that the Z10 is "stupid" and "messes it up"
    seriously about to pull out the torch just to run the two way sync real fast and pop sim back into the Z lol. Im out of back doors at this point
    I can't get cloud services for contacts to sync. Used Outlook.com and Google and BB Link and IntouchApp. All of them had problems.

Posted via CB10
    mopar_fxr likes this.
    07-10-13 05:52 AM
    Is Outlook working better than Gmail for CarDAV syncing?

Posted via CB10 on Q10SQN100-3/10.1.0.2354/4285
    07-10-13 06:01 AM
    And no matter what I do, I still have a voice mail notification. And it will not go away. Oh well. I'll ignore it

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 06:05 AM
    thats my problem, been trying that for a week... each different service or mail client I have tried it messes them all up ROYALY. I even paid for the contact x program and their answer to me was use gmail and use that sync and then come back to contact x to upload it to the phone that the Z10 is "stupid" and "messes it up"
    seriously about to pull out the torch just to run the two way sync real fast and pop sim back into the Z lol. Im out of back doors at this point
    By "messed up" do you mean multiple contacts? If so, what I did a while back was import my contacts to my Gmail account, straighten them all out on the browser version, then when adding accounts to my Z, I only check Sync Contacts for the Gmail account. All other emails, sim, etc. I sync only email and calendar if I use it. This way your contacts are coming from one source only, and it gets backed up when you add or modify the list, plus it's now available anywhere you have internet access....
    Daveensannie likes this.
    07-10-13 06:19 AM
    nothing for STL100-1 ?..
    07-10-13 06:21 AM
    nothing for STL100-1 ?..
    No
    07-10-13 06:23 AM
    By "messed up" do you mean multiple contacts? If so, what I did a while back was import my contacts to my Gmail account, straighten them all out on the browser version, then when adding accounts to my Z, I only check Sync Contacts for the Gmail account. All other emails, sim, etc. I sync only email and calendar if I use it. This way your contacts are coming from one source only, and it gets backed up when you add or modify the list, plus it's now available anywhere you have internet access....
    Thats the way indeed , you will never have problems with contacts doing it that way you discribed
    07-10-13 06:24 AM
1,752 ... 3233343536 ...