08-08-13 05:59 AM
819 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Installed this one on the publishing night, Z10-STL100-2 on Orange-IL, up from .4651
    Download / install / wipe / restore via link / sideload - all went fast and flawless, overall about an hour.
    Right after the drill skype, waze and browser behaved, but this morning (after a reset, no battery pull) all seems to be in perfect shape.
    Off charge at 7:30AM, through the day with a number of calls (np with that, HD calls totally ok), quite many emails, some smsing, some wazing, some surfing, some whatsapping, a lot of CB10 and BBW downloading. About 60/40 split between WIFI and cell. Skype and WIFI Protect active at all times. At 12:15AM (now) the battery was 7% and b-guru promised to hold for another 1.5 hours on that drop of juice with regular usage. Battery temp between 29 to 34 deg' C all the time.

Probably best leak in the world!

Pili4, ma'am, you got yourself a worshipper in the Holy Land. Thanks a lot.
    Thanks a lot to all Lords of Leaks.
    Last edited by BorisW; 07-25-13 at 05:54 PM.
    07-25-13 05:37 PM
    I can honestly get 18 hours or more with light use when I'm being sensible (turn off LTE, use wifi when available, NFC off, etc). Of course if I'm power using, I can blow through a battery in under 8 hours. I could never expect better on any big screen device. The Z10 rocks.
    Posted via CB10
    I have NFC off, bluetooth off, and do a security wipe after each OS load. If my experience is somehow typical, then other (bigger) phones must be much much worse. My iPhone 5 (forced use form work) is almost double the battery life than my z10 if I use it the same way. I'm taking a big guess here, but I'd say my expectations for battery life are pretty main stream. I'm going to give this OS the required full week to see how it goes, but my next OS will be back to 1881 or 2019 (att release). Bummer.
    07-25-13 05:56 PM
    Installed yesterday charged overnite started my day at 6:30am it's now 4:00pm I'm at 68% on a mild day.
    LEAKED: 10.1.0.4687 for STL100-2,3,4 & SQN/SQR ALL MODELS!-img_00000013.png

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:03 PM
    I think it's a great leak thank Pili4 keep up the great work.
    Ps: I did notice that I had to delete crackberry app and reinstall which help huge.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:04 PM
    Maxxberry... after 14 hours lite use... 4 emails received, 3 txts received, several whatsapp messages, and 15 minutes browsing on CB I was down to 46% battery. Wifi off, data on.
    My usage statistics and battery % remaining match yours about midday each day with no access to wifi. I went to a kids birthday party at 100% battery last week. 10 photos and 3 videos for a total of 6 minutes brought me down below 50%. All other phones in the room (iPhones) were still chugging along well above 70%. I felt embarassed. Using GPS on a two hour hike plus about 5 photos brought me to 20% from 100%. Something just doesn't feel right about this kind of battery drain.

Dear Blackberry. If height and width of a phone have no limits, then why not thickness? I would gladly give up a few milimeters for a fatter stronger battery. (sigh)
    07-25-13 06:04 PM
    Usually visual voicemail comes back after you call the voicemail for the first time, or once someone leaves you a voicemail.
    I don't appear to be receiving any voicemail notifications VVM or otherwise. Anyone else?

I'm on ATT.
    07-25-13 06:10 PM
    I installed this OS, I can make calls but I can't receive them. Anyone know how to fix this?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:11 PM
    My usage statistics and battery % remaining match yours about midday each day with no access to wifi. I went to a kids birthday party at 100% battery last week. 10 photos and 3 videos for a total of 6 minutes brought me down below 50%. All other phones in the room (iPhones) were still chugging along well above 70%. I felt embarassed. Using GPS on a two hour hike plus about 5 photos brought me to 20% from 100%. Something just doesn't feel right about this kind of battery drain.

Dear Blackberry. If height and width of a phone have no limits, then why not thickness? I would gladly give up a few milimeters for a fatter stronger battery. (sigh)
    I agree. I need more power. Need an add on bigger oem battery with oem back cover.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:16 PM
    I have NFC off, bluetooth off, and do a security wipe after each OS load. If my experience is somehow typical, then other (bigger) phones must be much much worse. My iPhone 5 (forced use form work) is almost double the battery life than my z10 if I use it the same way. I'm taking a big guess here, but I'd say my expectations for battery life are pretty main stream. I'm going to give this OS the required full week to see how it goes, but my next OS will be back to 1881 or 2019 (att release). Bummer.
    You've probably got a bad battery. My wife's -3 had fast drain and random cut offs. Bought a new battery and she now gets through the day with plenty of juice left. I would consider her usage medium. Cut offs gone (knock wood).

Posted via CB10 on my ZedTen!
    07-25-13 06:24 PM
    hey im new to this, can i download the leak to my mac or is it just pc's?
    07-25-13 06:28 PM
    so far looking like a great OS although I am always at 2 bars reception. But when I make a call it goes to full. Or I will be at 2 bars and when I get a call it goes to full. weird.
    07-25-13 06:36 PM
    Figured it out by accident.....swiped the battery icon down.
    Thanks for all the advices.
    07-25-13 06:37 PM
    hey im new to this, can i download the leak to my mac or is it just pc's?
    The autoloader needs to be run on a pc. However, it is possible to install the leak using a mac if you have bootcamp.
    Mecca EL and PowderJockey like this.
    07-25-13 06:38 PM
    Did you come from official or leaked before this? I have Stl-2 as well and I am staying On 2354 'till someone confirms better battery On a leak...

Posted via CB10
    10.1.0.4651 is WAY better than .2354 in battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-25-13 06:41 PM
    I don't appear to be receiving any voicemail notifications VVM or otherwise. Anyone else?

I'm on ATT.
    same here. I'm on T-Mobile

EDIT: I got a voicemail and it's back (in the Hub)
    07-25-13 06:41 PM
    did you try the call yourself trick? i know it works pretty often
    I called my voice with the call app speed dial, reboot. And the by pressing and holding 1, reboot. No change.

Is that how I do the call trick??

(thanks for the reply)

Z10 stl 100-3 || .4687 || Fido
    07-25-13 06:53 PM
    Just tried using HDMI out with #q10 can't do full wide screen like I could with. 273

Anyone have any ideas? Should I just downgrade to get the function back?

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    07-25-13 07:23 PM
    Loaded all the updated bars only via sachesi (thanks xsacha) and all is well. No great improvements over 4651, but not a step back either. Battery life still solid on AT&T stl 100-3. Looking forward to the OS Elite Groups 10.2 leak next week. It was hard to step back from 10.2, but I run a company and really need a working phone that is a "phone". Keep up the good work Elite Group, we all know you are working hard to get a fully functional 10.2 update. And yes, thanks to the BB programmers and engineers who are doing the real heavy lifting with the upgrades.

Posted via CB10

Edit: and thanks to DarcyTallGuy and pili as well.
    Last edited by LP_Rigg; 07-25-13 at 07:40 PM.
    07-25-13 07:29 PM
    Looking forward to the OS Elite Groups 10.2 leak next week.
    Hmmmmmm...I didn't see that on the channel...
    07-25-13 07:31 PM
    You've probably got a bad battery. My wife's -3 had fast drain and random cut offs. Bought a new battery and she now gets through the day with plenty of juice left. I would consider her usage medium. Cut offs gone (knock wood). Posted via CB10 on my ZedTen!
    I haven't enjoyed random reboots since 10.1.0.23-something. I do have a second battery (the original one). Current battery is from the charger/battery combo. I'll switch back to original battery and see if that has an affect.

Dear blackberry (again), Bigger batteries please. Making phones fatter to accomodate more power seems like a no brainer consumer satisafaction thing. Wiz bang thinness means nothing if the device has less power. In other words..... I don't have enough power to "Get things done". (My Torch is laughing at me.)

oh well...
    07-25-13 07:40 PM
    Hmmmmmm...I didn't see that on the channel...
    Look again, it was posted early am US EDT 10.2.0.810 assuming the elites can get everything tied together and basically functional.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 07:44 PM
    I haven't enjoyed random reboots since 10.1.0.23-something. I do have a second battery (the original one). Current battery is from the charger/battery combo. I'll switch back to original battery and see if that has an affect.

Dear blackberry (again), Bigger batteries please. Making phones fatter to accomodate more power seems like a no brainer consumer satisafaction thing. Wiz bang thinness means nothing if the device has less power. In other words..... I don't have enough power to "Get things done". (My Torch is laughing at me.)

oh well...
    Probably the wrong thread to be talking about hardware, but point taken. For what it's worth, battery life on my Z10 has been as good as or better than my 9810 (which really couldn't do much compared to the Z)

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-25-13 07:49 PM
    If u got time how bout give Link another try but follow this awesome steps here :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=829372

Posted via CB10
    I have been doing restores without any major problems. I'm trying to get to a place where I can just copy my media content over and then sync other stuff or do a restore of individual things. Until Link gives us the granularity that BlackBerry Desktop had, I'm looking for other ways to do it.
    I've got SMS Backup and my Email/contacts/calendar/notes sync via ActiveSync Account and I've started using KeePass. BBM Contacts are handled by BBID, but I want to preserve the existing chats in progress.
    07-25-13 08:32 PM
    I'm having problems pinning and unpinning Dropbox to Docs to Go with this build. Everything else is perfect. Anybody else having this problem?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 08:40 PM

oh well...
    If the original battery isn't much better, try reducing email accounts and see if that makes a difference.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 09:11 PM
819 ... 1920212223 ...