07-27-13 06:47 AM
1,668 ... 656667
tools
    Moving to. 4633. Apparently I'm reading it's better than this leak and fixes all the issues this one had

Posted via CB10 on Z10_10.1.0.4543
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-15-13 08:29 PM
    Apologies if someone has already asked this. I installed 10.1.0.4543 a few days ago after getting fed up with my Z10 (STL100-2) rebooting itself several times a day.

The good news it seems to have fixed the reboot problem. The bad news is I am experiencing strange WiFi behaviour.

I have four access points around my house & workshop (I work from home) each has a different SSID. Actually it is three but one of them is a simultaneous dual band. I have added them all to the Z10 and it switches between them as I move around.
    My problem is that when I move out of range of all of them, none of them reconnect when I come back into range.

In fact, none of them even show up in the list of access points on the Z10. I can get them back by switching off WiFi on the Z10 and then switching it back on again but if I forget, it means that I start using my meagre data allowance without realising it.

This didn't happen when I was on 10.1.0.273. When I upgraded I did a backup, installed 10.1.0.4543 and then restored the backup. As a precaution I also deleted the existing WiFi profiles and added them again.

Has anyone else encountered this or have advice on what I can try?
    07-23-13 05:28 AM
    Apologies if someone has already asked this. I installed 10.1.0.4543 a few days ago after getting fed up with my Z10 (STL100-2) rebooting itself several times a day.

The good news it seems to have fixed the reboot problem. The bad news is I am experiencing strange WiFi behaviour.

I have four access points around my house & workshop (I work from home) each has a different SSID. Actually it is three but one of them is a simultaneous dual band. I have added them all to the Z10 and it switches between them as I move around.
    My problem is that when I move out of range of all of them, none of them reconnect when I come back into range.

In fact, none of them even show up in the list of access points on the Z10. I can get them back by switching off WiFi on the Z10 and then switching it back on again but if I forget, it means that I start using my meagre data allowance without realising it.

This didn't happen when I was on 10.1.0.273. When I upgraded I did a backup, installed 10.1.0.4543 and then restored the backup. As a precaution I also deleted the existing WiFi profiles and added them again.

Has anyone else encountered this or have advice on what I can try?
    This sounds similar to the issue Omnitech was experiencing but with just the 5 GHz band. I hate to do this to you but he does discuss his issue in this thread but I don't remember on what page.
    07-23-13 08:15 AM
    Thanks Jwarman, I'll have a look through the thread.

In the meantime, I have done a few tests. I deleted the 5Ghz profile from the Z10 and turned off Bluetooth. I had to go out so I checked the Wifi on my return and it had reconnected. Assuming this isn't a 'freak' result then it suggests to me that one of those was the cause (although neither should cause the problem).

I have to go out again tomorrow morning so I have turned Bluetooth back on and will see if it reconnects when I get home. If it does then I will replace the 5Ghz profile and try again and post my findings.
    07-23-13 07:17 PM
    hie,

i have dowloaded the zip file but unable to extract the file and getting error as below:
    ! C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\Downloads\Q10_10.1.00.4543_SQN100-1-2-3-4-5.zip: Unknown method in Q10_10.1.00.4543_SQN100-1-2-3-4-5.exe
    ! C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\Downloads\Q10_10.1.00.4543_SQN100-1-2-3-4-5.zip: No files to extract

pls help me
    07-24-13 04:34 AM
    Thanks Jwarman, I'll have a look through the thread.

In the meantime, I have done a few tests. I deleted the 5Ghz profile from the Z10 and turned off Bluetooth. I had to go out so I checked the Wifi on my return and it had reconnected. Assuming this isn't a 'freak' result then it suggests to me that one of those was the cause (although neither should cause the problem).

I have to go out again tomorrow morning so I have turned Bluetooth back on and will see if it reconnects when I get home. If it does then I will replace the 5Ghz profile and try again and post my findings.

On my device it doesn't seem to have issues seeing my 2.4Ghz signal, but it tends to lose access to the 5Ghz signal after a while - usually in less than a day. (They are both being hosted on the same piece of hardware, and I've never seen this sort of issue on any other device that I use with it, including the Z10 using the original Verizon 10.0.9 OS build)

After I reboot, the 5Ghz signal comes back and connects.

I have the 2.4Ghz signal configured but disabled by default because 2.4Ghz here is so congested it tends to be unreliable no matter how you connect. I only use that band from devices that don't support 5Ghz.

My guess is that they are treading a fine line between battery life optimizations and connection reliability - some of those battery-life tweaks probably result in flaky network connectivity under certain conditions.
    07-24-13 05:42 PM
    On my device it doesn't seem to have issues seeing my 2.4Ghz signal, but it tends to lose access to the 5Ghz signal after a while - usually in less than a day. (They are both being hosted on the same piece of hardware, and I've never seen this sort of issue on any other device that I use with it, including the Z10 using the original Verizon 10.0.9 OS build)

After I reboot, the 5Ghz signal comes back and connects.

I have the 2.4Ghz signal configured but disabled by default because 2.4Ghz here is so congested it tends to be unreliable no matter how you connect. I only use that band from devices that don't support 5Ghz.

My guess is that they are treading a fine line between battery life optimizations and connection reliability - some of those battery-life tweaks probably result in flaky network connectivity under certain conditions.
    I'm playing with my wireless now and noticed when I come in range I pick up the 4.2 but when go settings I can have my Z connect to the 5g. Both bands on the one device as you say.
    AT&T SLT 3
    OS 2074
    SR 2019

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 07:29 PM
    I'm playing with my wireless now and noticed when I come in range I pick up the 4.2 but when go settings I can have my Z connect to the 5g. Both bands on the one device as you say.
    AT&T SLT 3
    OS 2074
    SR 2019

To clarify because I now see my wording may have been confusing - when I wrote about both frequency bands on one device, I was referring to the wireless network equipment, not the smartphone.

When my Z10 running 10.1.0.4543 stops working on 5Ghz, those signals are not visible in settings either. Nor do I think toggling airport mode helps either, though I should double check that.
    07-24-13 08:56 PM
    To clarify because I now see my wording may have been confusing - when I wrote about both frequency bands on one device, I was referring to the wireless network equipment, not the smartphone.

When my Z10 running 10.1.0.4543 stops working on 5Ghz, those signals are not visible in settings either. Nor do I think toggling airport mode helps either, though I should double check that.
    Yup have new Cisco with 2.4 & 5g all in one at home. Other devices see and can connect to both 2.4 & 5g. The 2.4 is kinda crowded in the neighborhood but not that much but I'm sure how to define crowded. I ran some free software scan thing to see what the heck was around me. I just went ahead and got the router anyway. I can see lots of AT&T Microcell's in my neighborhood not sure how they work.

Now that think more about it I'm sure when I was running the leak your on I did not see the 5g at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 10:59 AM
    Didn't see the 5g at all on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 11:01 AM
    I'm going to try to ask a question without getting beat-up by all my fellow CB brethren:

Is there anyone on Verizon who installed this leak (or any other leak), like me, and is going to downgrade to the official OS Verizon is releasing tomorrow?

Is there ANY real reason to do this?

OK - have at it. Please be kind...
    07-25-13 12:28 PM
    I'm going to try to ask a question without getting beat-up by all my fellow CB brethren:

Is there anyone on Verizon who installed this leak (or any other leak), like me, and is going to downgrade to the official OS Verizon is releasing tomorrow?

Is there ANY real reason to do this?

OK - have at it. Please be kind...
    I am considering it. I am equally tempted by the prospect of being on the official Verizon OS and not thinking about my phone anymore and just getting OTA updates when they become available, and by installing 10.2 and getting Android 4.2 and toast notifications. Keeping this 10.1 for now, mulling it over.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 01:02 AM
    A tip for the STL100-1, 2 and 3 users. In case you want to upgrade and not lose the SMS, upgrade to 10.1.0.4633 using Sachesi. This build has released officially on Digicel, Jamaica.
    MNC: 338
    MCC: 50

Since Sachesi is a nondestructive upgrade, you should be able to retain your SMS while upgrading to MR.
    From there on all backups are fully compatible and you should be able to use your backup on 4633 on any of the MR including this one. 4633 is higher build though.

Didn't try this myself, but should just work fine.

PS: Remember to take your backup just in case something goes wrong while using Sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 01:41 AM

Toggling Airport Mode did not get my 5Ghz WiFi working after it had "gone missing". So it still looks like the only way to get it working again is with a reboot.

A tip for the STL100-1, 2 and 3 users. In case you want to upgrade and not lose the SMS, upgrade to 10.1.0.4633 using Sachesi. This build has released officially on Digicel, Jamaica.
    MNC: 338
    MCC: 50

Since Sachesi is a nondestructive upgrade, you should be able to retain your SMS while upgrading to MR.
    From there on all backups are fully compatible and you should be able to use your backup on 4633 on any of the MR including this one. 4633 is higher build though.

xsacha posted a link to a Verizon-specific build of 10.1.0.4633 in one of the Verizon 10.1 threads today.

Personally I'm sticking with 10.1.0.4543 for the moment, and depending on how many millenia it takes for Verizon to release the 10.1 MR, I MAY update to official at that point.

.4543 has a few annoyances, but none of them are really "showstopper" annoyances, like the rebooting issue, which is now COMPLETELY FIXED for me.

The 5Ghz issue is the worst of them, along with this thing with my Bluetooth headset where it doesn't route audio from an incoming call to it right away, I have to manually switch it.

But I can live with those things as long as it isn't for too long.
    07-26-13 01:50 PM
    what is differnece between BB10.1.0.4543_STL100-1
    BB10.1.0.4543_SQN100-1-2-3-4-5 this version kindly explain it ....
    07-26-13 04:21 PM
    what is differnece between BB10.1.0.4543_STL100-1
    BB10.1.0.4543_SQN100-1-2-3-4-5 this version kindly explain it ....

Those are different models of BlackBerry 10 devices:

• STL100-1 - Z10 - Non-LTE model (Africa, Middle East, South Asia, Southeast Asia, South America, other Asian countries)
    • STL100-2 - Z10 - Europe, some Middle East and Asian countries
    • STL100-3 - Z10 - North America, etc.
    • STL100-4 - Z10 - North America, Verizon only
    • SQN100-X - various Q10 models, I don't have details handy
    07-26-13 09:00 PM
    After 3 long days I can say this leak has amazing battery life!!!
    I agree however the first two days were brutal, I then restarted 3 times in a row and the battery life has never been better. Must have needed to recalibrate my phone.

Posted via Jedi mind trick...
    07-26-13 10:10 PM
    Hi Omnitech. It sounds like we have different problems. My Z10 doesn't have any issue picking up 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz although I have noticed that the range on 5Ghz is very limited.

I have made some progress with my problem though. Initially I found that when I deleted the 5Ghz profile and turned off Bluetooth the WiFi started working properly again. Ie if I left the house, it will now reconnect when I return. So I added the 5Ghz profile went in and out a few times and everything was still working perfectly on my return.

Next, I switched on Bluetooth, went for a walk up the road, came back and to my surprise, it was still working perfectly. Hmm. Then I realised that on previous occasions I had been going out in my car and phone was connecting to its Bluetooth in the (Alpine) sound system. So I went out in the car with Bluetooth turned on and when I returned, the Z10 would not reconnect to (or even see) any of my saved profiles. Interestingly though, it does still seem to find a random collection of other WiFi access points from the surrounding area but to which I have never connected (or created a profile).

So, now my belief is that if you go out of range of the WiFi whilst also connected to a Bluetooth device, the access points relating to saved WiFi profiles will not be identified when they come back into range.

I can fix this simply by turning WiFi off and back on again (ie no reboot required) but if I forget then the Z10 automatically starts using up my Mobile data allowance when there is no need. For the time being, I am getting round this by turning off the Mobile Network Data Services but it is far from ideal.
    Last edited by nialled; 07-27-13 at 06:50 AM. Reason: corrections
    07-27-13 06:47 AM
1,668 ... 656667