07-27-13 06:47 AM
1,668 ... 64656667
tools
    Update on the above bug - I tried messing around with my time zone under settings and noticed something interesting. When I initially looked at the time zone it showed as Mountain even though a new meeting on the calendar showed as Chihuahua. I tried changing the time zone in settings to Chihuahua, then creating a new appointment and the appointment time zone is now Arizona (the time zone that is before Chihuahua in the list). I then tried changing my time zone to Arizona and the appointment was created in Saskatchewan -6.

So my best guess of what is happening is that the calendar app is showing the time zone that is set minus 1 in the list but the meeting is really created in Mountain time, i.e. Mountain -7 shows as Chihuahua -7. So if one moves the appointment time zone from Chihuahua to Mountain, in this example, it is really being moved to Mountain +1 in the list which would be Pacific time and would put the meeting an hour later on the calendar.
    It did not... Your math is completely wrong, so no this makes no sense...
    07-14-13 08:24 PM
    I'm using STL100-2 (Z10), and had this leak installed successfully. I noticed that I'm not getting any BB service and cannot make any outgoing calls. Wifi is working though. So I had to go back to my previous version 10.1.0.273. I'm on Etisalat here in Abu Dhabi.
    07-14-13 09:58 PM
    The frequency that the phone is transmitting over has little to do with your issues, more the protocol being used over the frequency happens to be the issue with some of these builds. You cannot combine your 2.4 GHz and 5GHz networks so I'm not sure what you're trying to say there, but inSSIDer won't assist much with this issue, as again interference has nothing to do with the installed cfgs. Just stick to Wireless-G if you're having issues, it doesn't matter what channel or frequency you're using that's a bunch of hoopla for anyone to sift through for this...
    So I have the same Network name for both frequency in my home wifi, I do understand that they truly are not the same as they use radicaly different channels in the respective frequency bands. I have no issues on my home wifi as the phone will default to the 2.4GHz band. At my office I think this is not the case but haven't paid much attention to what frequency my phone connects to there. I would be happy to hear how to fix this from anyone who knows what is going on.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:23 PM
    It did not... Your math is completely wrong, so no this makes no sense...
    Really? You mean what I saw on my phone when adjusting settings didn't happen? Please explain how my math is wrong.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:24 PM
    Has anyone seen this message before? First time I have seen it, but not sure if this is new in 4543.

Leaked 10.1.0.4543 for STL100-1/2/3/4 SQN100-1/2/3/4/5-img_00000231.png

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:49 PM
    Has anyone seen this message before? First time I have seen it, but not sure if this is new in 4543.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000231.png 
Views:	605 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	182719

Posted via CB10
    I did when I was outside my mom's house parking my car. I was only picking up one bar of her wifi.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    07-14-13 10:58 PM

Man I hate messages like that, and unfortunately BB10 is infected with them all over the place.

What the heck does "some websites are unreachable" actually mean?!?
    07-14-13 11:03 PM
    Man I hate messages like that, and unfortunately BB10 is infected with them all over the place.

It probably means that they won't load properly given the limited WiFi signal.
    07-14-13 11:35 PM

It means you don't have enough wifi signal to surf the web. Lol. Very typical message on any wifi computer/device

Posted via CB10 on Z10_10.1.0.4543
    07-14-13 11:36 PM
    Posted this in the tips n tricks thread but thought to include it here since I discovered it on this build (haven't seen anyone else mention it):

For multiple lines in a text message engage caps lock (hold the shift key for a second or so until the blue bar appears below the arrow) then tap send: it will insert a carriage return. Tap caps lock again to return to normal capitalization (including proper capitalization on the new line).

Found this by accident using 4543 so I don't know how far back this goes in the builds. I don't use BBM but I would assume it works there

Z10...dont have a Q yet to try
    You can also use shortcuts to get a carriage return. Go into your shortcuts and set something like "cr" then just hit 'enter' instead of entering a word. Now you have a quick carriage return.
    07-14-13 11:40 PM
    You can also use shortcuts to get a carriage return. Go into your shortcuts and set something like "cr" then just hit 'enter' instead of entering a word. Now you have a quick carriage return.
    That's the way I had done it before (and now again on the Q) but this method is cleaner: using the autocorrect shortcut left a space at the end of the last line and a space at the beginning of the new line forcing a lot of extra keystrokes (space-"cr"-space-backspace-shift) plus caps and autocorrect don't work for the first word on the new line. All (most) of that is avoided with the caps-lock method

Verizon Q10 (SQN100-2), 10.1.0.2038 (stock), r10.1.0.2039
    07-15-13 12:22 AM
    Posted this in the tips n tricks thread but thought to include it here since I discovered it on this build (haven't seen anyone else mention it):

For multiple lines in a text message engage caps lock (hold the shift key for a second or so until the blue bar appears below the arrow) then tap send: it will insert a carriage return. Tap caps lock again to return to normal capitalization (including proper capitalization on the new line).

Found this by accident using 4543 so I don't know how far back this goes in the builds. I don't use BBM but I would assume it works there

Z10...dont have a Q yet to try
    Ok, got a Q. ALT-Enter brings up a language selection dialogue. Pressing and holding the ALT key (lock) then pressing Enter results in a carriage return. Hopefully they make this a little easier in the future but it's not often needed so not a big deal lol

Verizon Q10 (SQN100-2), 10.1.0.2038 (stock), r10.1.0.2039
    07-15-13 12:27 AM
    I'm having new random bugs, yesterday the game crashed couldn't even make a screenshot after it until I did a reset. Also, phone app was messing with me, for once I could not switch between the tabs (on action br showed that I switched but only showed vall history). Close and reopen didn't fixed, but after I hanged up, I checked again and it was working.
    Twitter app (the official one) only opens like twice out of 10, in other cases stuck at load splash screen. And the most annoying one, I can barely change my alarm settings. First of all, no matter what I set up, I choose a random value between the old and the new one, sometimes displays different value on clock and at the bottom. But this morning it even woke me up 1 hour earlier, and also had to dismiss it twice. And after it, it also wake me up at the set up time... I think I'll sideload the multiple alarm clock bar file that I have somewhere.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-15-13 12:35 AM
    I updated to 4543 and i noticed that i cannot turn off "Show Sent Messages" . I have been able to disable the option but the Z10 still shows sent SMS messages, it's almost like the function does not work at all.

It does work with emails, just not with SMS messages.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Tmaster100; 07-15-13 at 01:02 AM.
    07-15-13 12:47 AM
    And one more thing, it has happened before after I restarted my phone that hub crashes. After the restart it only displayed the last two items, so i restarted the hub, but still didn't work and didn't even responded to taps. By tapping the screen it crashed, and after the second "tap crash" finally it works normally.

07-15-13 12:54 AM
    It probably means that they won't load properly given the limited WiFi signal.

That's the problem - we should not have to speculate about what error messages mean. Specifically, the reference to "web pages" implies not a general internet connectivity issue but something specific to web pages. But not ALL web pages because it says only "some" web pages. (Which ones? Why?)

Many vendors try to "simplify" their products, thinking they are making them more "user friendly" by either removing or dumbing down error messages. But in many cases this "cure" is worse than the disease because you end up with confused users who can't help themselves and inevitably if something goea wrong without any useful explanation, they end up blaming the product.

BB10 is a particularly bad example of that sort of "bad cure", if you ask me.

It means you don't have enough wifi signal to surf the web. Lol. Very typical message on any wifi computer/device

If I have computers or devices or software that insists on giving me useless error messages like that, I tend to get rid of them.
    07-15-13 03:26 AM
    And one more thing, it has happened before after I restarted my phone that hub crashes. After the restart it only displayed the last two items, so i restarted the hub, but still didn't work and didn't even responded to taps. By tapping the screen it crashed, and after the second "tap crash" finally it works normally.

How many accounts and how many messages/contacts are you syncing?

With the new "forever" syncing options in Hub, I suspect we will start seeing a lot more reports like this.

FWIW - if you have a lot of Hub accounts with a lot of messages/contacts to sync, you might have to give Hub a couple minutes to sort itself after a restart, especially if Internet connectivity is flaky.
    07-15-13 03:30 AM
    My list of issues.
    1. Dialer problem : incoming calls display contact names later. Random behavior : sometimes displays fast sometimes doesn't display ta all.

2. Some android apps which needs to access files like instagram took some time to set up. Continuous Flickering when i selected the file manager option within the app. Forcing me to restart the app, change few settings and good to go.

3. Just a day so can't comment right now on battery life.

New findings:
    1. Dialer app now shows numbers along with contact names. This wasn't on official Os 10.1
    2. Simple password works like a charm. But BlackBerry should make better use of screen space. On lock screen.

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    07-15-13 05:02 AM
    How many accounts and how many messages/contacts are you syncing?

With the new "forever" syncing options in Hub, I suspect we will start seeing a lot more reports like this.

FWIW - if you have a lot of Hub accounts with a lot of messages/contacts to sync, you might have to give Hub a couple minutes to sort itself after a restart, especially if Internet connectivity is flaky.
    For emails only 30 days, so it should be around 1000-1500, for contacts, with all social media it's no more than 1500.

I never had this issue before. The hub got frozen during running for days too... then I could see 4 items, rest of the screen was white. No reaction to tapping, but by tapping it crashes. Also, when I forced a restart on hub, I left it for few minutes, and it was still two items. With a fully indexed one, it usually restarts within a minute lately. Before it took around twice of it.

EDIT: and this morning while foursquare got frozen during start up on splash screen, it killed my mobile net too. Even if the phone showed me BlackBerry connectivity... until now every time the connection got halted, BlackBerry icon disappeared. I have to restart the phone to resolve it.

07-15-13 06:01 AM
    Generally This is the time when i replug the phone to charger as soon as the battery is below 20%.
    But its still going good at 39%. my usage after i unplugged the charger at 0945 and current time is 1800 hrs.
    Around 10-15 calls of 2minutes each,
    used both android and native games/apps, to be specific, candy crush saga, instagram, twitter, facebook, Emails - (3 accounts), espncricinfo, Browser, BBM(Extensive Usage), WhatsAPP(Extensive)
    Network 2g and wifi (being on wifi for 95% of time)
    So far looking good. Lets see how many minutes/hours i can get more.
    07-15-13 07:30 AM
    That's the problem - we should not have to speculate about what error messages mean. Specifically, the reference to "web pages" implies not a general internet connectivity issue but something specific to web pages. But not ALL web pages because it says only "some" web pages. (Which ones? Why?)

Many vendors try to "simplify" their products, thinking they are making them more "user friendly" by either removing or dumbing down error messages. But in many cases this "cure" is worse than the disease because you end up with confused users who can't help themselves and inevitably if something goea wrong without any useful explanation, they end up blaming the product.

BB10 is a particularly bad example of that sort of "bad cure", if you ask me.

If I have computers or devices or software that insists on giving me useless error messages like that, I tend to get rid of them.
    Well I guess you'll be getting rid of everything. Try resetting your wireless routet

07-15-13 08:13 AM
    My idle drain on this leak has been at least decent from the start - something I can hardly claim for the "active" drain. (Which thankfully finally calmed down about 3 days after the install)

But the idle power drain may have a bearing on my 5Ghz issue too. This release may have a power management bug that is killing off the 5Ghz radio unexpectedly - ie when the device goes into sleep - and then not "waking up" properly later.
    I have also had very good idle power drain with this OS while on cellular radio, when in a good signal area, and on wifi. As I mentioned earlier, based on what I can remember, this is the first 10.1 OS that actually has decent idle drain while on my office wifi. I can verify that the phone is connecting to the 5 GHz band in the office and it holds it pretty well as I haven't seen the problem you have had. I do see a base line idle power usage of 0.1 W on Battery Guru.

There are plenty of potential explanations for that.
    I would be interested in hearing some of these explanations so that I can looking into thing here a little more. Thanks.
    07-15-13 08:22 AM
    Battery life is amazing on this leak. Only the Android ports kill battery

Leaked 10.1.0.4543 for STL100-1/2/3/4 SQN100-1/2/3/4/5-img_00000894.png

07-15-13 12:21 PM
    Only running this leak since yesterday but for now I can say it fixed my bluetooth problem in the car I had since upgrading to 10.1... otherwise I don't seem to have any problems... battery life seems the same as. 2354 for now...

Swoosh... swiped from my Z10
    07-15-13 12:34 PM
    Battery life is amazing on this leak. Only the Android ports kill battery

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000894.png 
Views:	1749 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	182881

I don't trust this software. Battery Lover, few Mins back it was showing me 54 hrs backup time on 39% battery. That's way tooo much exaggerations
    I don't know y cb10 app doesn't let me attach pictures.

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    07-15-13 12:37 PM
1,668 ... 64656667