07-27-13 07:47 AM
1,668 ... 6263646566 ...
tools
    Is there a way to restore the WhatsApp messages while on the new software?

Posted via CB10
    I am little behind in the thread... Anyways after updating the OS I noticed numbers in Whatsapp not contact names.

Deleted the app from the home screen, reinstalled from BlackBerry World as I was going through the Whatsapp set up a message popped up asking to restore message history. Clicked yes and all is working well.

Posted from my Z10 STL100-3 running 10.1.0.4537 on Rogers
    07-13-13 12:49 PM
    Solid build except the caller ID issue. It jus seems like it's delayed. It will show the contact info a few seconds after answering the call. Sometimes the caller ID works and it matches my contact info. It's a hit and miss. Otherwise it's pretty good!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 12:54 PM
    I updated to this leak last night and I love it. However, I have one problem that will force me to go back to 2354. The Money Plus app does not work properly. When I try and enter a transaction, it will not open the keyboard, then the app just blows up and shuts down. If it were not for this, I'd stay. This version is much more fluid and battery life has been a bit better. But I have to have Money Plus working. So back I go. And yes, I tried the delete, reinstall route. Still a no go. Guess I'll wait till another leak comes out and I'll try again. Verizon, STL100-4.

Posted from my White Z via CB... 10 that is...
    07-13-13 01:10 PM
    Finally updated to 4543 , now comes the 2nd trouble i can't restore from link(1.1.1.32). tried all permutation and combinations available, No luck . Any suggestions pls.
    Have you tried doing the security wipe before restoring? I was having trouble to restore before, but after i always do the security wipe after installing the new OS, never had any restoring trouble again.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 01:35 PM
    I did the following, Its my first leak install. Help please.

1. Take backup and make list of all android ports which data has to be kept intact.
    2. Extracting exe and loading the OS
    3. Wipe the phone after installation is successful.
    4. Install all android ports and debug token (if that method is followed.)
    5. Restart and do nothing for 5-10 minutes.
    6. Try to restore and hope for the same to be successful! -> Struck here, Restore starts and fail. Pls help. Link version 1.1.0.33

EDIT: Step 3 and 4 were creating problems. After installation just started with restore without installing android ports or debug token and it worked. Currently in progress. Will keep you updated about the findings. STL 100-1

EDIT2: after restoring the data I installed debug token and android converted apps. All is working fine, app data is intact. Contacts loaded within half an hour. Everything seems seamless as of now. More updates and findings as time passes.
    Last edited by Ashish Sanghvi; 07-13-13 at 05:53 PM.
    07-13-13 02:44 PM
    Going to try the latest leak 10.1.0.4561/radio .4544 http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...8/#post8816627
    07-13-13 02:46 PM
    It shows up, but disappears before I get a chance to click on the msg...
    Yeah, same here. It shows up but if try to select a response, it just disappears and does not send it.

Has anyone gotten the reply to actually work?
    07-13-13 04:05 PM
    Updated to this leak Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4543 and so far so good. Restore went smoothly and everything is still there. It is much snappier and I will be purchasing battery guru to keep an eye on my battery.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 06:19 PM
    Had to downgrade from this leak a week ago because of the poor radio reception and the inability to make a call at times. Even though wifi calling worked (T-Mo Customer) there was a noticeable decline in the voice quality, as well as a higher incidence of dropped calls when connected to wifi calling. Does anyone know if the OS will work with lower radio file, i.e. 2076 or 1881 file? If so, I'm willing to give the OS another go. Thanks in advance
    07-13-13 07:51 PM
    Yeah, same here. It shows up but if try to select a response, it just disappears and does not send it.

Looks like it's not functional on this release

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 07:55 PM
    Posted this earlier, seriously awesome battery life.. Side loaded any.do, Pulse, and jabber.. z10 has officially replaced my iPhone 5 with this OS. Very well done

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-13-13 09:19 PM
    I get too many dropped calls... waiting for another good leak...

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 10:31 PM
    I get too many dropped calls... waiting for another good leak...

Posted via CB10
    That's probably the network. Mobile devices a always get the blame for that.

Posted via CB10 on Z10_10.1.0.4543
    07-13-13 11:55 PM
    Whenever the Z10 (and I presume other BB10 devices) is simultaneously powered-off but also being charged, it displays a unique LED sequence of 2 alternating colors, I believe Green/Red but I'm not 100% sure.

People see this because after the security wipe finishes and the device powers down, if a charger is connected it goes into this "powered off charging mode".

The security wipe on my Z10 only took 10-12 minutes. I expected it to take longer, like the legacy devices
    Okay, that is just first time I have seen it referred to as breathing so thank you for clearing things up for me.

I have yet to time the security wipes when I do them so I don't know how long they have taken but I will have to pay attention next time.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 12:08 AM
    Okay, that is just first time I have seen it referred to as breathing so thank you for clearing things up for me.

I have yet to time the security wipes when I do them so I don't know how long they have taken but I will have to pay attention next time.

Posted via CB10
    My security wipes take 20-30 minutes usually.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    07-14-13 12:10 AM
    Developed 2 very strange issues on this build:

1) Voice guidance using google maps stops working. Audible notifications are a hit and miss. Some messages ping through fine, others dont. Tried playing a youtube video the other day and the audio would not play. Rebooted and worked fine with the same video. All sounds are on the phone, not on an SD card.

2) Had this issue just today - phone was on the table, full LTE signal. But the person calling me was sent directly to VM. Happened 3 times. I was connected to wifi at that time. Switching off wifi and the 4th time, the phone rang on the last bell.

Any idea what's going on here?
    07-14-13 12:23 AM
    I think others have talked about the calendar, so I'll share my issues. I'm in Denver (Mountain Time -7). After loading this OS, my phone picked Chihuahua -7 as my time zone. I manually changed it to Mountain Time. As noted, both are UTC-7.

When I tried to create a new appointment, the entry defaulted to Chihuahua time zone. I changed it to Mountain Time; however the appointment shows up on my calendar 1 hour ahead of what I had intended. Only if I leave it set to Chihuahua time does it show up at the proper time on my calendar. And interestingly, while it shows as Chihuahua time on my Z10, it shows up as Mountain time in my Outlook. Very strange, but at least I know how to make it work.
    I'm in the Denver area as well and have the same bug. I have not come across a fix other than just leaving it a Chihuahua.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 12:27 AM
    I think others have talked about the calendar, so I'll share my issues. I'm in Denver (Mountain Time -7). After loading this OS, my phone picked Chihuahua -7 as my time zone. I manually changed it to Mountain Time. As noted, both are UTC-7.

When I tried to create a new appointment, the entry defaulted to Chihuahua time zone. I changed it to Mountain Time; however the appointment shows up on my calendar 1 hour ahead of what I had intended. Only if I leave it set to Chihuahua time does it show up at the proper time on my calendar. And interestingly, while it shows as Chihuahua time on my Z10, it shows up as Mountain time in my Outlook. Very strange, but at least I know how to make it work.
    Totally off-topic, but foppa I never knew you were in Denver too. I used to see you all the time in the other forums when we were both developing themes for the legacy OS.

On-topic, I had a similar issue with time zones a few builds ago - but mine were being created in Reykjavik (GMT). Completely different time zone, of course.
    07-14-13 12:46 AM
    Developed 2 very strange issues on this build:

1) Voice guidance using google maps stops working. Audible notifications are a hit and miss. Some messages ping through fine, others dont. Tried playing a youtube video the other day and the audio would not play. Rebooted and worked fine with the same video. All sounds are on the phone, not on an SD card.

2) Had this issue just today - phone was on the table, full LTE signal. But the person calling me was sent directly to VM. Happened 3 times. I was connected to wifi at that time. Switching off wifi and the 4th time, the phone rang on the last bell.

Any idea what's going on here?
    I've had the issue where I had full bars and it jus showed a missed call with no ring. Happened the day I loaded the OS and ever since it's been okay now.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 01:10 AM
    That's probably the network. Mobile devices a always get the blame for that.

Posted via CB10 on Z10_10.1.0.4543
    I got dropped calls only after upgrade to this OS. It doesn't even ring & goes to missed call...

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 01:12 AM
    Hey guys. Had to reload the leak because of heating.. but now I'm having this caller id problem..takes forever ton se who's calling from my contacts. what's the solution ?
    Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 02:02 AM

Doesn't work for me too. But text messages got restored

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    07-14-13 02:23 AM
    Hey guys. Had to reload the leak because of heating.. but now I'm having this caller id problem..takes forever ton se who's calling from my contacts. what's the solution ?
    Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    Just give it a day or two. Will take time in indexing based in quantity of your contacts

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    07-14-13 02:24 AM
    Just give it a day or two. Will take time in indexing based in quantity of your contacts

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    I've had the contacts calling issue for a while. Hoping for a new leak soon.

Via Zeppelin 10
    07-14-13 02:38 AM
    No that's not it. When I first installed this leak. I had no problem with contacts and calls even within the first day. Now I do.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 02:48 AM
1,668 ... 6263646566 ...