07-27-13 06:47 AM
1,668 ... 5354555657 ...
tools
    So, after having the leak for about 30 hours here my verdict:
    - Battery life is excellent. Last night (Wifi on), left the device at 15% at around 23:00. This morning at 6:40 it still had 13%.
    - Google finally syncs perfectly. I had issues with contacts, etc. Also the need to enter the Google password three times (for mail, contacts and calendar) has been fixed in this build.
    - Snappy fast UI.
    - All my side-loaded Droid apps work (News Republic, Trillian, Skifta, Google Sky Maps).

I did not experience any issues with restoring a backup nor issues with caller ID. I think I will keep this as is till a stable 10.2 comes along.
    Google syncs perfectly with following 2 important improvement:

-1. more than 2 handy no. and 3 working no. can be showed (it is big improvement compare with Bold 9900)
    -2. multiple calendars

The above-mentioned 2 improvement are very useful for the user of Google app. Cheers.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-10-13 02:51 AM
    Nobody seems to have issue restoring their backup data after upgrading to this leaked OS... really? I tried on 2 BlackBerry Z10, back up my data but unable to restore it. I restarted my laptop, wipe my device but there is error restoring my data to Z10.
    07-10-13 03:42 AM
    Nope, never ever had that issue. Sorry, can't help you there. There is another thread on this with some tips you can try.
    07-10-13 06:16 AM
    Nobody seems to have issue restoring their backup data after upgrading to this leaked OS... really? I tried on 2 BlackBerry Z10, back up my data but unable to restore it. I restarted my laptop, wipe my device but there is error restoring my data to Z10.
    Yes, I'm facing the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 06:48 AM
    I had ZERO issues restoring my data. All is there.

The only thing I can suggest is to try it in steps - settings first, then the other two.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 07:14 AM
    Has anyone tried gps on this?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 07:22 AM

The only thing I can suggest is to try it in steps - settings first, then the other two.

Posted via CB10
    Im gonna uninstall link and install Link v1.1.1.32 (Windows OS) and try again..
    07-10-13 07:53 AM
    Since i'm back on this one, i did some things to fix the Caller Id problem. And I managed to fix it for me.
    I tired with numbers stored with or without country code, had the same result. The fix was disabling smart dialing (from Phone app swipe down from the logo -> settings -> smart dialing.) by setting the country to Unknown. This way the numbers will be dialed without modifications. Now I have the numbers stored without the country code, country set to unknown and it works like a charm. Before this, it sometimes recognized the caller id, but the process was slow, phone rang once or twice before picture and name came up. Now it's almost instant. I received 5-6 calls and it worked without a glitch for all of them. And the text messages are displayed fine too.
    Norg likes this.
    07-10-13 08:02 AM
    Has anyone tried gps on this?

Posted via CB10
    It works just fine for me. (With Osmand or M8)

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 08:21 AM
    Im gonna uninstall link and install Link v1.1.1.32 (Windows OS) and try again..
    The individual reloads were a suggestion voiced on previous versions if the restore fails.

If it really cannot be restored, either the OS is corrupted or the backup is corrupted.
    So far every restored eh as worked for me. And if not failed in one go, it worked in steps.

Having said that, if a restore fails, i would recommend a security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 08:23 AM
    The individual reloads were a suggestion voiced on previous versions if the restore fails.

If it really cannot be restored, either the OS is corrupted or the backup is corrupted.
    So far every restored eh as worked for me. And if not failed in one go, it worked in steps.

Posted via CB10
    I did a security wipe but still fail. One thing I didn't do is to reinstall BlackBerry Link.

I also tried to restore Settings first but still fail.
    07-10-13 08:35 AM
    Posted via CB10
    That's what I do know as a common practice, I restore my settings separate from my apps and I keep all my media on my sdcard. Faster routine turnaround overall.
    Last edited by gliveron; 07-10-13 at 11:51 AM.
    geekaren likes this.
    07-10-13 08:52 AM
    Sounds like a reasonable plan, will likely try.

One thought is -if others have had the text and caller id problems is it more probable that the leak has a bug that likes living in my Z10 and less likely corrupt data?

I'm now on the AT&T 10.1 until the weekend. I can't work without caller id.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know you have a problem with txt and caller id....everything work fine on mine....so next week I'll be in the state with my stl 3 and att sim card in my phone and I will see if I run into that problem....

Have you try reloading the 4543 again on top of the 4543 with the autoloader???..I did that yesterday for demonstration...

before my txt was not coming back from the back up...after I re-ran the autoloader I got those txt back from my back up
    07-10-13 09:05 AM
    No I haven't. I solved it by performing a security wipe. I wasn't performing one after or during the preinstall if the os at that time however.

Posted via CB10
    I actually did a wipe both pre and post. Thanks though
    07-10-13 09:14 AM
    Android player will be broken if you restore application data.

FYI,

I'm running a Koodo STL100-3 on Telus.

My Z10 is working great on this leak.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:28 AM
    No random reboots, everything working well, and great battery life (see picture)
    Attachment 180900

Posted via CB10 via verizon 100-4
    Is ur phone in idle from 11.30 hrs mark onwards? Looks pretty idle to me. Is that on wifi or cell? Thanks for posting but I guess need more info on the phone's activity.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    I did a security wipe before and after installing the o's. Uninstalled link and installed the current version. Restored individually, yet nothing happened. Some error saying phone is not connected properly. Sometimes when I prompt it to restore setting only, it would reboot my device. It's not a biggie if I don't get the restore as all I'll be missing is some ring tone setting and sms.. I think I can live without them, will just save the last backup and try again when the next OS version is out..

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:48 AM
    The only problem I have with Link so far is Remote File Access not working.

It still can't tell that I'm signed on my Bbid on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 10:07 AM
    how uploading a video, that I made, onto this site??
    07-10-13 10:31 AM
    Since i'm back on this one, i did some things to fix the Caller Id problem. And I managed to fix it for me.
    I tired with numbers stored with or without country code, had the same result. The fix was disabling smart dialing (from Phone app swipe down from the logo -> settings -> smart dialing.) by setting the country to Unknown. This way the numbers will be dialed without modifications. Now I have the numbers stored without the country code, country set to unknown and it works like a charm. Before this, it sometimes recognized the caller id, but the process was slow, phone rang once or twice before picture and name came up. Now it's almost instant. I received 5-6 calls and it worked without a glitch for all of them. And the text messages are displayed fine too.
    Darn it all. I just went to the AT&T 10.1 last night all because of the caller id and text problem. May try your solution. Thanks for posting.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 10:38 AM
    No I did try as you say. I got news of the AT&T 10.1 and went with it last night. I really need my phone during the week. Will try again on Friday night. Thanks for the idea.

Posted via CB10

I don't know you have a problem with txt and caller id....everything work fine on mine....so next week I'll be in the state with my stl 3 and att sim card in my phone and I will see if I run into that problem....

Have you try reloading the 4543 again on top of the 4543 with the autoloader???..I did that yesterday for demonstration...

before my txt was not coming back from the back up...after I re-ran the autoloader I got those txt back from my back up
    07-10-13 10:41 AM
    screen shot, or it didn't happen...
    It's there. Load or up and look for yourself

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 10:49 AM
    how uploading a video, that I made, onto this site??
    Upload it to youtube then share us the link.

Sent from the Dark Side
    07-10-13 10:50 AM
    I did a security wipe before and after installing the o's. Uninstalled link and installed the current version. Restored individually, yet nothing happened. Some error saying phone is not connected properly. Sometimes when I prompt it to restore setting only, it would reboot my device. It's not a biggie if I don't get the restore as all I'll be missing is some ring tone setting and sms.. I think I can live without them, will just save the last backup and try again when the next OS version is out..

Posted via CB10
    Reboot after settings restore is by design.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 10:57 AM
    Upload it to youtube then share us the link.

Sent from the Dark Side
    thanks for the reply

hoooooo uploading it to you tube.....I don't know about that....I did that video with an HTC desire to help a guy here but it is poor quality but good enough for someone to get by with it....I wish I had a real camcorder for that but I don't as of yet...it is in the plan tho

Some of the people have hard installing leak....sometimes just reading the "how to" is not enough but when seeing into video might be more easier.

Crackberry should do those video instead....they are better equipped than me

It is like my first side load...I read and read then on Crackberry they have a video on " how to " which was very helpful to me.
    07-10-13 11:03 AM
1,668 ... 5354555657 ...