07-27-13 06:47 AM
1,668 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    I just tried on my Z, all of my contacts show up from the phone app
    Hmmm... weird. Wondering if it could still be something on the Q10 version or if I'm really the only one with this issue. No clue what to do to fix it. Thankfully my regular contacts app still show all.
    07-07-13 07:28 PM
    Hmmm... weird. Wondering if it could still be something on the Q10 version or if I'm really the only one with this issue. No clue what to do to fix it. Thankfully my regular contacts app still show all.
    I had your issue before this leak (even on stock os) and this leak fixed it. Very strange indeed.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 Channel pin: C000534C0
    07-07-13 07:36 PM
    It won't change the splash screen .That comes from the sim
    07-07-13 07:38 PM
    I've had this leak since yesterday. It's really heating up my Z10.. anyone else experiencing the same ?
    I used to be on 2342 and it worked great. I love the new features but can't stand the heat...

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:46 PM
    Anyone else tried to install from autoloader but cant because it wont connect to bootrom?
    07-07-13 07:49 PM
    Anyone else tried to install from autoloader but cant because it wont connect to bootrom?
    Seems I might have answered my question. I restarted my phone with it plugged into the usb, autoloader seems to be doing its job now
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-07-13 07:50 PM
    I've had this leak since yesterday. It's really heating up my Z10.. anyone else experiencing the same ?
    See my post #1026 above; no problems at all for me so far. Battery running cool and looks like it might be reduced power consumption compared to 2006. What model/carrier Z10 are you using?
    07-07-13 07:51 PM
    I'm on my phone man. I can't find your post.. What did you write ? I'm on STL100-3 and rogers.. but phone is now unlocked. But that has nothing to do with it.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:53 PM
    Thanks Pili4. So helpfull

Posted via CB10
    So much thanks Pili4

CB10 Cambodian user
    07-07-13 07:58 PM
    so far so good. runs smooth. it also fixed my visual voicemail issue.
    +1
    07-07-13 08:08 PM
    Just read what you wrote. I have no.other problem. Only heating...

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 08:16 PM
    So far so good. Everything works. Need to re enter password for outlook linkedlin and for notes. Everthing works and fast!!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 08:22 PM
    Just read what you wrote. I have no.other problem. Only heating...

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried pulling the battery and letting it cool down?

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    07-07-13 08:23 PM

For me, WiFi calling is a big deal and one I've been waiting for as a T-Mo customer. I live out in the woods and am lucky to get 1 or 2 bars 3G signal strength at home, often zero depending on where I am in the house (4G now lights up here and there in town, but it seems to be in test mode and doesn't appear on the coverage map). Now I can use my Z10 to reliably make/receive calls at long last at home from my own LAN instead of half my incoming calls going to voicemail due to poor signal strength. Yay.

Happy here with .4543 so far -
    Here's a neat trick. Turn off cellular service when you're at home. Calls and SMS still work when using WiFi calling. Huge battery saver since it's not constantly polling for a tower lock.
    yvpan1, bungaboy and Jim Wolfson like this.
    07-07-13 08:31 PM
    Nope, opinion editorial.
    You're wrong end of story. Op-ed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep... it called for three...
    SteelGreek likes this.
    07-07-13 08:48 PM
    Just finished install last night, It was much better then .2354

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-07-13 09:14 PM
    Here's a neat trick. Turn off cellular service when you're at home. Calls and SMS still work when using WiFi calling. Huge battery saver since it's not constantly polling for a tower lock.
    I was wondering about that, since I tested with cell service off and indeed it's sending/receiving calls via WiFi as expected.

But battery consumption coming out of lock (with cell service On) is still only 0.1 or 0.0 watts, so power draw isn't much. And, if the phone knows that it's switched over to WiFi calling, shouldn't it not be wasting time and power polling the tower? I still get the 1-2 bar signal indicator, so it is talking to the tower but power consumption is so low it may not be spending much staying in contact. A smart design would be "If in WiFi Calling mode, don't poll tower frequently until WiFi signal is lost, then seek cell service as usual."

Any WiFi Calling experts or phone engineers out there who can enlighten us about this? I just don't want to leave home and forget to re-enable cellular service, cutting myself off completely from calls when away from home.
    07-07-13 09:18 PM
    Just noticed something, could this be a possible bug?

Using a Q10. If I go to my regular contacts, all of them are there. If I go to Phone and select contacts there, it only shows the first 4 contacts on my list. Tried a reboot, synced contacts again, no luck.
    On your contacts app, pull down the top to get to settings (gear) and make sure all of your contact sources are on . i.e. Outlook, gmail, facebook, outlook.com, etc. and then open up your contacts and go through each one (its a pain I know-I had 1100+) and link all contacts together as you'll have duplicates. Once - everything is linked it should accoumplish 2 things--first it will eliminate duplicates, and 2nd, it will show your contacts in your call list-you may have to add pictures but the info should still be there. Good luck and post back and there is a thread on step by step linking ofvcontacts should you need it.
    07-07-13 09:25 PM
    yeah I also have some ring tone issues. But I can live with it.
    07-07-13 09:31 PM
    Not good with some of this stuff but reading your idea of turning the radio off made me think- sounds good but I'm lazy plus I would forget to turn it back on. But then I though would NFC work if I had tag thingie and stuck it at the door where I could use it to turn off and on?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 09:31 PM
    For T-Mobile users, are you getting constant notifications about "connecting to wi-fi networks to make calls" and then the ability to make wi-fi calls when you are connected? It seems every time I switch between wi-fi on/off I get one of these messages and sometimes just randomly too.
    07-07-13 09:35 PM
    I cannot send images through sms (I guess mms) when on wi-fi, I have to turn it off for it to go through. Anyone else have this issue?
    07-07-13 09:43 PM
    For T-Mobile users, are you getting constant notifications about "connecting to wi-fi networks to make calls" and then the ability to make wi-fi calls when you are connected? It seems every time I switch between wi-fi on/off I get one of these messages and sometimes just randomly too.
    Yes, I get them too. As I was going through the process of installing this 4543 leak I got a bunch of these notifications, probably related to the install rebooting cycles; I think it sends a notify every time it connects or disconnects WiFi if WiFi Calling is enabled. I'd like to find a way to turn the notifications off, since the little phone-handset indicator at the top of the screen is all I need.

I don't think I've ever seen a "random" notification that wasn't somehow related to WiFi connect or disconnect. I have two WiFi signals in my house, so I'll try to look for notifications as it switches from one to the other as I move around. If it does that, I'd REALLY like to find a way to kill the notifications.

[Edit] I just tried manually switching from one WiFi signal to the other, without physically moving the phone. Sure enough, I got a "Calls will be made with WiFi" notification, but not one saying "Calls will be made with cellular signal", probably because the switchover happened very quickly and a cell signal was never acquired during that brief period.

There doesn't seem to be any "WiFi Calling" enable/disable in this OS leak, right? If you're on T-Mobile I think it's just there. Perhaps T-Mo will be adding that to Settings in their official release.

I've never sent an image via SMS, so can't help you with that one.
    Last edited by Jim Wolfson; 07-07-13 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Tested switching WiFi signals
    jacksparook likes this.
    07-07-13 09:47 PM
    I cannot send images through sms (I guess mms) when on wi-fi, I have to turn it off for it to go through. Anyone else have this issue?
    That's a limitation of Wi-Fi calling (on all platforms, not just BB10).

You'll need to switch to cellular service to send MMS messages. You should be notified that you've received a message and to download it (if MMS). Switch off Wi-Fi and download.
    jacksparook likes this.
    07-07-13 10:10 PM
    Not good with some of this stuff but reading your idea of turning the radio off made me think- sounds good but I'm lazy plus I would forget to turn it back on. But then I though would NFC work if I had tag thingie and stuck it at the door where I could use it to turn off and on?

Posted via CB10
    That would be a perfect use of NFC Tags

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 10:13 PM
1,668 ... 4041424344 ...