07-27-13 07:47 AM
1,668 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    He probably didn't do anything different. During installation or afterwards, if you get a carrier pushed update, even if it's just a single application, the 'software release' info comes back.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    Carrier pushed update did not bring software release info back for me.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4
    07-07-13 12:28 PM
    I'm on Verizon and loaded the OS on Friday. So far I've had one phone call and the phone worked very well. Battery life seems good so far although I don't really play with it much when out and about.

I can report no problems at this time.

Verizon Z10 (STL 100-4) users that have installed this: how is the included radio performing in regards to call quality, dropped calls, and battery life?

Reading through all these leak threads seem to get varied results, understandably, but most seem to forget to note which model and carrier they are on. While it's been established that builds/radios for series 2, 3, and 4 can be installed interchangeably and 'work' it's also been established that (at least some) devices don't play well with non-specific builds (radio file). I happen to have one of those devices, unfortunately. It could be that I travel continuously and experience problems that others who do not (and stay on the same tower), I don't know, but so far it has been an issue on my device.

So two requests:

1. Verizon -4 users: how is the included radio performing?

And

2. Can we start to include the model and carrier in our posts when responding to leak threads? It'd also save static from people keeping asking "what model/carrier" lol

TIA

--- Verizon Z10-4, VZW (lbfe) 10.1.0.2354, r2063
    07-07-13 12:30 PM
    Wow, finally caught up with the end of this thread. I think I will stick with 4357 for the moment.

BTW going back to the discussion on around page 26 Op-Ed stands for Opposite Editorial in the print world. It is the page opposite the editorial page and contains columns, opinion pieces and letters to the editor.

Cheers everyone and congratulations to the first time leakers, there seems to be several of them on this thread.
    bungaboy, pili4 and Mecca EL like this.
    07-07-13 12:32 PM
    Wow, finally caught up with the end of this thread. I think I will stick with 4357 for the moment.

BTW going back to the discussion on around page 26 Op-Ed stands for Opposite Editorial in the print world. It is the page opposite the editorial page and contains columns, opinion pieces and letters to the editor.

Cheers everyone and congratulations to the first time leakers, there seems to be several of them on this thread.
    LoL . . . . Andy Rooney would have told us the "OP" = Opinion Piece.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-07-13 12:36 PM
    Anyone figure out the caller id issue on this build? Just did a full wipe and restore last night and still don't have it when ringing. Only the # shows, but when on the call it will revert back to the call id

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 12:40 PM
    Anyone figure out the caller id issue on this build? Just did a full wipe and restore last night and still don't have it when ringing. Only the # shows, but when on the call it will revert back to the call id

Posted via CB10
    I wrote this earlier, but nobody confirmed it.

I believe displaying contact issue only stands for local contacts. Can somebody confirm that if they have the issue where the contact is stored? I came to that conclusion as I have call from a few people today, and both SIM contact showed up during ringing, and my outlook contact too. Only one that is stored locally didn't.
    Also, when I was hanging up that call, the phone found who I am speaking with (saw the contact name), and also displayed in call history properly, but with a small lag comparing to the rest.
    Also somebody stated, that a hard reset resolved the problem for him/her. I also had problem with this earlier, but my phone crashed and had a reset because of that it seems that's gone for me as well. At least no more lag in recent calls, but nobody called me today that is stored locally. Okay, just had one. Still not displaying.
    To perform a hard reset, you have to hold down the unlock button ~30 secs until you see the BB logo during boot, or press volume up and down until it's starting to reboot.
    tonyron227 likes this.
    07-07-13 12:46 PM
    There's only 1 reasonable difference that I can see between 4537 and 4543

Webkit version from 10.1.0.4368 to 10.1.0.4416
    (Out of the 11536 files that make the base OS, only 23 are changed, and some of those are webkit related)
    And it looks like AT&T users might get a different algorithm for showing signal strength. Doesn't actually change the strength, it's just a slightly different way of calculating how many bars (new config option signal_bar_display_algo:n:1 that didn't exist before)

Other than that, all app versions are the same.
    Can't we just extract those WebKit BAR's and load them onto the existing 4537 builds? It would save a lot of time from reloading the OS again. ?
    07-07-13 12:52 PM
    Did anyone was able to made calls using the wifi?
    Yes, works wonderfully.

Note: only works for IMS-based Wi-Fi call providers. In the US only T-Mobile provides said service.
    07-07-13 12:57 PM
    This leak is settling down now. I have gone 7.5 hrs on a full charge and I have just over 11% left of my battery.

Posted from CB10 via Z10
    07-07-13 01:04 PM
    "And it looks like AT&T users might get a different algorithm for showing signal strength. Doesn't actually change the strength, it's just a slightly different way of calculating how many bars (new config option signal_bar_display_algo:n:1 that didn't exist before)"

Wasn't AT&T in the news a couple of years back about doing this to make iPhone users and maybe other phone users think they were getting a stronger signal than they really were getting so they could say "More bars in more places" in their ads or something like that? And all this after they dropped their "fewer dropped calls" ads? Sorry, not picking on AT&T or anything, they are actually my best customer.

BTW, my college used the same slogan "More bars in more places!" to get more students to enroll, but I digress...
    Ecm, Mecca EL and bungaboy like this.
    07-07-13 01:08 PM
    All is good. Seems WiFi reception is better than 4537. Longer battery for playing games (with less heat).

Thanks for this leak!

.....and yes, I'm stuck on AT&T, also.....

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 01:08 PM
    It used to be there, but for whatever reason, they took it down. Is it a UK reader?
    It's an "international" build, not as good as the iOS equivalent in terms of pubs available, but it's decent for now...
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-07-13 01:11 PM
    BTW, my college used the same slogan "More bars in more places!" to get more students to enroll, but I digress...
    Yeah, AT&T got caught up into some of that... Across the industry though it was an issue because numbers which are so objective, like taking an RSSI measurement for example, and placing a subjective "picture" to it with "bars" is a difficult thing to do particularly when a number like an RSSI reading only gives you a cloudy concept to begin with, so the question became "How do we make this as close to right as possible", without making our service look bad, but without exaggerating out service quality to the point where credibility is lost...
    07-07-13 01:16 PM
    My unsolicited advice to AT&T users, who can't get wifi calling anyway, and after having read through this entire thread:

Stick with 2354. It's a great build, virtually no problems, plenty "snappy," no reboots, good radio (or use 1881 or 1917 if you want), no SMS or BBM issues. It's just about the best build I've seen on any BB, OS7 or BB10.

I can't see how the other new features of this leak, but without wifi calling, justify an upgrade at this time.

Posted via CB10
    amclanejr and Norg like this.
    07-07-13 01:20 PM
    It's just about the best build I've seen on any BB, OS7 or BB10.
    I was going to say you obviously don't remember OS 4.5!
    amclanejr likes this.
    07-07-13 01:23 PM
    Ok.... installed & running smooth. can't get remote access working, tho. I uninstalled link & installed the latest version.... I think.. from BlackBerry.com. I get a message saying my email address isn't associated w/a device running bb10.
    When I restored my backup & re entered p/w's, I chose not to sync Gmail contacts, to avoid dup contact entry's. Dose anyone think this is the reason link doesn't associate my email address w/a bb10 device????

Posted via CB10 on my AZZ KICKIN Z10
    Anybody????

Sent via CB10 from my KICK AZZ-Z10
    07-07-13 01:23 PM
    Anybody????

No your choice whether or not to use the protocol to sync contacts is independent from your BlackBerry ID.
    What version of link are you running?
    07-07-13 01:29 PM
    Anybody????

I don't think it has anything to do with restoring/not restoring contacts. A number of users seem to have the same problem. I'm having the same issue. Signed out and into Link; removed re-added my device, reinstalled Link -- nothing.Reboots at each end, as well.
    07-07-13 01:32 PM
    I got my remote file access working by closing link and restarting my computer and z10.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and bungaboy like this.
    07-07-13 01:33 PM
    uninstalled it after installing it yesterday!

first i had 20+ photos from a bright light in my pictures, thought it was a app or something because i didnt take photos accidentally, at least not 20+...
    today suddenly my company exchange account dissapeared, was here since yesterday, today after having my coffee i checked the phone and thought, why are my 50+ unread mails gone? is there some auto "mark as read" function? - didnt bother me until i checked the hub, my complete mails + account are client-side gone...
    password lock seemed to stop working too, could go into the menus with just swiping up... strange behaviour

after a restart of the device to check if its just temporarily - still gone, and now contact photos from local contacts missing and names in whatsapp for example...

reinstalled 2312 right now and stay with that... miss the simple pin now

EDIT: Restore Backup from 4543 on 2312 does N O T work - keep that in Mind! - damn, good i have important stuff on my SD card...

EDIT2: reinstalling 4543 and dont use the restore, starting clean, maybe its a bug caused by the restore from a older version!
    Last edited by cracklingberry; 07-07-13 at 02:07 PM.
    07-07-13 01:35 PM
    I was going to say you obviously don't remember OS 4.5!
    I sort of remember that build. Things were a lot simpler in those days. Some of the 7.1 builds were pretty impressive, too.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 01:36 PM
    I got my remote file access working by closing link and restarting my computer and z10.

Posted via CB10
    Mine did not work at first also and I did the same thing and now works great.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-07-13 01:37 PM
    I sort of remember that build. Things were a lot simpler in those days. Some of the 7.1 builds were pretty impressive, too.

Posted via CB10
    True story!
    07-07-13 01:43 PM
    Anybody????

I made an attempt to replicate this, but my Z isn't cooperating. I am having a problem with Link losing wifi sync to my phone. It returns when I plug into my pc, and start Link.

As far as the Gmail sync making dubs, it's a STRONG possibility. Not because I have emails coming to my Z, but because of what I've experienced on my PlayBook. I've always had my email and social biz, ported to my PB, since acquiring my Z. On my PB, on a former OS, there was duplicate contacts. Even now, if I make an attempt to video chat, PB to PB, if the contact selected isn't recognized as having a PB ID, even thought I think my yahoo, msn and gmail info was properly sync'ed...chat is not established. Once I remove the contacts of 2 of my email clients, chat is established. Hope I'm making sense...
    07-07-13 01:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nothing. I did hard reset on Z10 - same error message in Link. Remote access is dead.
    07-07-13 01:59 PM
1,668 ... 3637383940 ...