07-27-13 06:47 AM
1,668 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    Laptop not seeing the 5G only the 2.4G... Seems not to be the Z10. will mess that wifi issue at an another time.
    07-06-13 06:12 PM
    5 GHz and 5G... sort of a huge difference lol
    Haha it's probably because the SSID on the 5Ghz is often the same as the 2.4 but with 5G at the end.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 06:12 PM
    Unfortunately, depending on where you bought your device, the splash screen is baked in. I'm on T-mo now, and everytime i remove my SIM, and install a different OS, the ATT screen returns. Once I install my T-mo SIM, the T-mo splash screen returns.
    Now I'm really unhappy with them. Why should they get that advertizing when I'm doing all the work? Oh and one must never forget the Leak Gods! They should get a splash screen. Just say'in
    07-06-13 06:16 PM
    Haha it's probably because the SSID on the 5Ghz is often the same as the 2.4 but with 5G at the end.

Posted via CB10
    Are you saying one would get the same connection with the wifi device on my Z10 even if on the Z it shows as connected to the 4.2G not the 5G?
    07-06-13 06:19 PM
    I'm thinking my phone will get hot when I add my contacts and email accounts cuz this baby is not even warm right now.
    07-06-13 06:23 PM
    Or hold both volume keys till it turns off, let go and it'll reboot on its own, it's how BlackBerry employees hard reset their devices

Posted via CB10
    And get a free screen shot at the same time!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 06:25 PM
    I noticed now my Dev mode IP doesn't work with my chrome browser side load app anymore. I have to use my 192.168 address now. No biggie but just an observation. Or should I be concerned?
    TheStoof likes this.
    Argh! I installed this leak last night and for the entire day, have been refreshing the 4537 forum thread to follow and read up on people's opinions and reactions instead of this one!!! I kept wondering why the posts were trickling in at such a snails pace!

At any rate, this 4543 leak has been phenomenal and the battery life great! I've only got one weird thing happening and need some advice:

The weird thing was that the grouping of certain emails into a conversation view is strange. There are a couple of instances where the hub has grouped a bunch of messages from different recipients with different subject headers into a single conversation. The only common denominator that I could detect was that at one point, I used the same pasted paragraph from the clipboard in each of the thread. It's as if the hub picked up on that and decided to group these three separate email conversations and combined them into one.

I tried breaking that link by changing my hub settings to single messages and then back to conversation and that didn't work. I then tried deleting the email account from the hub and then re-adding it and that didn't work either. When I view my messages on hotmail.com from my PC, the conversations are still grouped properly.

Does anyone here know what logic the hub uses to group messages into conversations? I had assumed that it was based on you replying back and forth with a sender. Not sure how other emails that are completely independent of that conversation would get grouped in (unless my theory of the pasted text from the clipboard were true - which seems to be a bit of a stretch) .

Posted via CB10
    Now I'm really unhappy with them. Why should they get that advertizing when I'm doing all the work? Oh and one must never forget the Leak Gods! They should get a splash screen. Just say'in
    I was just as disappointed. I'd like a clean phone. From digging around in the OS package, there are a group of files that are carrier specific. I'm sure the carrier released phones have a call signal, that triggers the OS to install the carriers start up package - which contains the splash screen imaging.
    07-06-13 06:26 PM
    after unzipping it. I click on it and it says that something is missing in my computer......I had no problem installing the 4543 tho
    Bar files are side loaded, not unzipped.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 06:27 PM
    Bar files are side loaded, not unzipped.

Posted via CB10

oh that is what I am missing . thanks....but now I never done a side load. I don't know how!!!
    07-06-13 06:30 PM

2nd - download the "sms backup" app from blackberry App World, and back up your entire sms. (move the saved file to your sd card so its safe when the phone wipes itself) this will be the 2nd/3rd backup in case anything goes bad.
    Posted via CB10
    I wish that I had know about this! Ughhh. Thanks.
    07-06-13 06:31 PM
    lol- I was thinking "clean phone" as well. I like the idea of everything being saved in the cloud and just bring back what I want on the device when I want it. Anything AT&T was not part of that thinking.

I was just as disappointed. I'd like a clean phone. From digging around in the OS package, there are a group of files that are carrier specific. I'm sure the carrier released phones have a call signal, that triggers the OS to install the carriers start up package - which contains the splash screen imaging.
    07-06-13 06:32 PM
    should I be restoring application data and settings from Link?
    07-06-13 06:34 PM
    put ur phone in development mode side-load the bar files with SachUpiBar
    I need more than that for process....I downloaded the rar file on computer ....then need to be unzip!!! to see it....right?......then what?
    07-06-13 06:36 PM
    where to find sachupbar?
    07-06-13 06:40 PM
    oh that is what I am missing . thanks....but now I never done a side load. I don't know how!!!
    Steps on how to sideload bar files here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=821005

Steps are the same for what you want to do. I prefer the chrome method.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-06-13 06:41 PM
    u can get SachUpiBar from here Sachup: Firmware Grabber and Sachibar: Firmware Installer for Blackberry10 Qtness Development then go to Settings/ Security and Privacy/ Development Mode
    07-06-13 06:47 PM
    Steps on how to sideload bar files here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=821005

Steps are the same for what you want to do. I prefer the chrome method.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4

thanks...I will give it a try
    07-06-13 06:48 PM
    Ah, that's very nice of you. Mature too. Wish I had a gif to represent that.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.1.0.4537
    Mecca EL and aming63 like this.
    07-06-13 06:53 PM
    Are you saying one would get the same connection with the wifi device on my Z10 even if on the Z it shows as connected to the 4.2G not the 5G?
    Pretty much I mean everything uses 2.4GHz so if you have a wireless home phone and a garage door opener and a 20 other devices that run on that band you probably want to use 5 for less interference. But the lower the frequency the farther the range. It will also have better penetration of solid objects. But unless you are tasking your network or outside of your house you probably won't notice the difference.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-06-13 06:53 PM
    Loaded this leak and the poor picture quality of my contacts pictures is still there when making calls. Anyone else having this issue?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 06:54 PM
    which one is easier ddpb or sachibar??
    07-06-13 06:55 PM
    ddpb u have to install, sachibar no installation but they work the same for me
    07-06-13 06:58 PM

I am not sure but I believe it'something in the phone from BlackBerry. That is overridden when the carrier SIM is inserted I have a Q10 (SQN 100-1)unlocked from Rogers to AT&T now. From my understanding only the -1 would work on AT&T's system in the first place.

BTW : Loving, loving these leaks! My wife has the Z10 locked on AT&T and so far all the leaks tried for both of us have been stellar performers!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 06:59 PM
1,668 ... 2728293031 ...