07-27-13 07:47 AM
1,668 ... 2526272829 ...
tools

So, can someone say why I, or anyone on AT&T. should or shouldn't upgrade from 2354/1881 to 4543, other than just having the newest leak?
    Isn't that reason enough?
    07-06-13 04:21 PM
    LOL Now, I totally understand where you got that OP=Opinon thing from! And I do remember Op Ed. I wonder how many younger people now would have no idea what that means. Wow.

But, yeah, in the digital age here I've only seen OP refer to Original Post(er).
    All of a sudden...I feel obsolete
    07-06-13 04:26 PM
    I wiped my phone after installing this leak. My battery is draining at the rate of 33.3% per hour.

The phone has been constantly hot.

I will use it for 24 hours and if it does not show any sign of improvement, i will have no choice but to ditch it

Posted from CB10 via Z10
    Rather reload and see if you can track down the source of the drain.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 04:27 PM
    Specific to yours

Have 2 that works on both WiFi and cellular.

Seriously considering moving to outlook though.

The one issue I have with these last two OS that is kinda driving me crazy:
    Initially I couldn't get my gmail setup with the new method. (These addresses are on my own domain using the old Google Apps.)
    Got through the new gmail login page fine
    Gave the App Permissions
    Saving and verifying your settings ...
    Then I would get some variaton of "The server imap.gmail.com for your account is not responding. Please check your settings and try again." basically that none of the e-mail, calendar, contact servers could be reached.

Turned off WiFi and it worked to setup all of them. Yay.

With WiFi back on, though, I eventually get a password error notification for each account.
    To get it working again, I have to again turn WiFi off and input the passwords on the Google pages.

Obviously, there's something the new setup doesn't like with my WiFi.
    But it makes little sense because it was working just fine the old way.

I haven't seen anyone (at all) post about this issue, so I'm just wondering if anyone else is on there own domain with Gmail, if that's part of the issue? or if it's just something weird specific to my WiFi?
    Sent from my Z10
    FuriousK likes this.
    07-06-13 04:31 PM
    After 12 hours the OS stopped the battery drain, and I didn't even have that much of emails. Now only 9% drop with one hour music and around half an hour screen tapping mostly over mobile network, maybe a little bit more.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-06-13 04:33 PM
    Seriously considering moving to outlook though.
    You'll be better off, I did the same with the new Outlook. Also it's better if you migrated to Windows 8.

07-06-13 04:36 PM
    My wife is apparently wrong -- I can learn something! I always thought OP was "Original Post(er)".
    It is original poster, your not wrong

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.1.0.4537
    07-06-13 04:40 PM
    Ibfe had instructed to do it this way. I have done it this way and Mecca's way. Both work. Neither is incorrect in my opinion. I think it is just user choice and which way you individually are comfortable loading the leak.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4
    That's why I figured I would throw it out there, and maybe there is something lost in text that offended him. It wasn't my intention to do so.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.1.0.4537
    07-06-13 04:42 PM
    Does anyone know how to disable the wifi calling feature. Its kinda annoying that every time I make a call a get a notification prompting me to connect to wifi. I can't figure out how to turn it off. Thanks in advance
    07-06-13 04:43 PM
    i have 2 that's active on my z and another 3 that's on my htc one.

that's a nightmare if i was to migrate the lot lol.

You'll be better off, I did the same with the new Outlook. Also it's better if you migrated to Windows 8.

07-06-13 04:46 PM
    Anyone here remember newspapers, they had "op ed" in them? Opinion of the Editor? Anyone...anyone...?
    I remember paper! I used to read news on news print everyday,,,,, I kinda miss them days.... lol I read my Playbook now.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-06-13 04:50 PM
    Does anyone know how to disable the wifi calling feature. Its kinda annoying that every time I make a call a get a notification prompting me to connect to wifi. I can't figure out how to turn it off. Thanks in advance
    Take a look in the leak forum, I posted a link for the t-mo wifi calling control app. You should be able to at least shut it off with that.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    cnote221 likes this.
    07-06-13 04:52 PM

It can migrate your mails from GMail. I would give it a try you cannot loose anything also with ten thousands of e-mail it can take some time. Once I hot kicked out of Google servers for 90 minutes, because it didn't like that I was on 100 mbit and had 200 thousands header item my biggest pain was setting up my mailbox rules (more than a hundred), but after all the new logic is cleaner and better. And you can set up which folder to sync what is never worked for me on my 9700. And I also have two linked calendar in my outlook account, and they sync perfectly too. Also meeting invitations work with this build properly.

07-06-13 04:55 PM
    Hatax upped a bar file, that offers awesome control - http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...d-here-825827/
    esuarks likes this.
    07-06-13 04:55 PM
    True! My main account on the Z is a plain old MSN/ outlook address, I no longer use link to back up my contacts. I also use evernote to back up my remember.

Bye bye link, until you reach version 7.xxx lol.

I will start with one least busy domain and move on from there. thanks Adam.

It can migrate your mails from GMail. I would give it a try you cannot loose anything also with ten thousands of e-mail it can take some time. Once I hot kicked out of Google servers for 90 minutes, because it didn't like that I was on 100 mbit and had 200 thousands header item my biggest pain was setting up my mailbox rules (more than a hundred), but after all the new logic is cleaner and better. And you can set up which folder to sync what is never worked for me on my 9700. And I also have two linked calendar in my outlook account, and they sync perfectly too. Also meeting invitations work with this build properly.

07-06-13 05:02 PM

I wasn't looking forward to it myself. But, I was tired of waiting for the IMAP "forever" sync timeframe. (Joke's on me, now!) Also, Google p****d me off by killing Google Reader. I stumbled upon "True Switch" in the Outlook.com settings and gave it a try. In about an hour, I had migrated 4 Gmail accounts into 2 Outlook.com accounts. Email (including folder structure), contacts and calendar. The only issues were with one recurring calendar entry and having to reset contact photos.

If you're interested: https://secure5.trueswitch.com/hotmail/

Edit -- I see this has been brought up since I last refreshed...
    Mecca EL, zocster and laketrout73 like this.
    07-06-13 05:04 PM
    Thanks, but I was looking at doing this instead of accessing it as POP on Outlook.

I wasn't looking forward to it myself. But, I was tired of waiting for the IMAP "forever" sync timeframe. (Joke's on me, now!) Also, Google p****d me off by killing Google Reader. I stumbled upon "True Switch" in the Outlook.com settings and gave it a try. In about an hour, I had migrated 4 Gmail accounts into 2 Outlook.com accounts. Email (including folder structure), contacts and calendar. The only issues were with one recurring calendar entry and having to reset contact photos.

If you're interested: https://secure5.trueswitch.com/hotmail/

Edit -- I see this has been brought up since I last refreshed...
    07-06-13 05:08 PM
    OK....I'm so sitting on the fence, here. I'm on .2354 & my berry's humming along just fine. I'm not quite sure how I got rid of the duplicate contacts but I did, & I don't want'em back. I have just straight pop gmail (I think). Does anyone have a remedy for this?
    What about Contact X?
    07-06-13 05:12 PM
    no doesn't worked fro me

If anyone is interested in sideloading the clock, camera, and weather apps from 10.2, you can download them from this link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!0k4WQR7D!Bc2QVh...QV52Z708J61ft8

This is the first time I upload something, so let me know if it does not work.

The clock BAR gives you the ability to set multiple alarms.

The camera BAR gives you the "low light" option.

I am not sure what the difference is on the weather file though.

I tested all these files on this leak and they work great on my wife's Z10 100-3 (AT&T).
    fjfisher601#AC likes this.
    07-06-13 05:26 PM
    There's no confusion in addition, there's confusion when something is missing...on of my little mottos.
    I plan to quote you on that. Good stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-06-13 05:30 PM
    How is it performing Verizon STL4 any major issues?
    07-06-13 05:35 PM
    What does not work?

On Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4537 and this also works

no doesn't worked fro me

Sent from my Z10
    Mecca EL and ESCON like this.
    07-06-13 05:35 PM
    They work for me as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 05:48 PM
    How long might an evil wipe take after one loads a leak? My Z is slow flashing red/green for some time now. I'm still usb connected to Link but Link is not showing the Z.
    07-06-13 06:05 PM
    Press the power button? I think that is done evil wiping.

How long might an evil wipe take after one loads a leak? My Z is slow flashing red/green for some time now. I'm still usb connected to Link but Link is not showing the Z.
    pili4, Mecca EL and in_loco_nomen like this.
    07-06-13 06:07 PM
1,668 ... 2526272829 ...