07-27-13 06:47 AM
1,668 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Verizon Z10 (STL 100-4) users that have installed this: how is the included radio performing in regards to call quality, dropped calls, and battery life?

Reading through all these leak threads seem to get varied results, understandably, but most seem to forget to note which model and carrier they are on. While it's been established that builds/radios for series 2, 3, and 4 can be installed interchangeably and 'work' it's also been established that (at least some) devices don't play well with non-specific builds (radio file). I happen to have one of those devices, unfortunately. It could be that I travel continuously and experience problems that others who do not (and stay on the same tower), I don't know, but so far it has been an issue on my device.

So two requests:

1. Verizon -4 users: how is the included radio performing?

And

2. Can we start to include the model and carrier in our posts when responding to leak threads? It'd also save static from people keeping asking "what model/carrier" lol

TIA

--- Verizon Z10-4, VZW (lbfe) 10.1.0.2354, r2063
    I am with you on Verizon being a different animal. So far so good on this radio. Should be better than your current setup.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 02:42 PM
    Edit: I shouldn't have used the word flaw. I'm sure I'll get another 10 members of this site jumping down my throat for that one as well.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.1.0.4537
    Hahahahaha!! No one jumped down your throat. They were just pointing out that I rarely miss something, when it comes to instructions. I've done, and continuously do a lot of testing with my Z. I ask specific questions to replicate errors; I make my Z brick on purpose, just to get to the specific reason and recovery. I'm not a know it all, though. I'm human.

For you to say I missed something...you almost kicked me in my nads. And I'm not saying that your way of doing things is incorrect. ADD to what I instructed "also, if that doesn't work for you, I've found..." and inform us of your experiences with what works for you. That's all folks were attempting to say. That's all I am saying. There's no confusion in addition, there's confusion when something is missing...on of my little mottos.
    07-06-13 02:45 PM
    Kris is one of the forum Mods - kind of a gate keeper. He's also a worldwind Ninja, pretty much came in and littered the site with help and leaks. The OP, or the person who started the thread with their OPinion, is the first person to post. Hope this helps you.
    My wife is apparently wrong -- I can learn something! I always thought OP was "Original Post(er)".
    Mecca EL and dparks69 like this.
    07-06-13 02:45 PM
    I wiped my phone after installing this leak. My battery is draining at the rate of 33.3% per hour.

The phone has been constantly hot.

I will use it for 24 hours and if it does not show any sign of improvement, i will have no choice but to ditch it

Posted from CB10 via Z10
    Did you try the 4537 leak from the day before? I did and have not had any battery heating issues except for when I first installed it maybe a little warmer than normal, but my discharge rate is way, way lower than 33% per hour. I am going to give 4537 another day before I try 4543 or may just stick with 4537 since it seems so smooth and stable so far.
    bquinney likes this.
    07-06-13 02:47 PM
    I just installed and have been sitting in a coffee shop setting up account passwords, checking various apps, re-linking those pesky contacts that never stay linked after a restore, did a few soundhound checks, read feeds on Blaq, web broswer, checked Poynt's performance (for Android)... and of course CB.

This is what I've been getting so far. I will let it sit a while and see. I may try a new radio first. Usually bad battery is expected, but this is substantially higher than usual.

Leaked 10.1.0.4543 for STL100-1/2/3/4 SQN100-1/2/3/4/5-img_00000049.png

**edit: Now home. Rebooted. Phone on the charger to settle in for awhile, while I put myself on the charger (couch) to do the same. Will check back later.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by eninrebmun; 07-06-13 at 03:33 PM. Reason: tpyos and update (because my saga is so interesting)
    07-06-13 02:49 PM
    My wife is apparently wrong -- I can learn something! I always thought OP was "Original Post(er)".
    I told my girlfriend that she was always telling me that I was wrong and she said "No I don't!" and I said "see, there you go again!" and now she is my "ex-girlfriend"!

Anyway, the OP (whomever he or she is ) is the reason we are all here having fun this weekend!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-06-13 02:53 PM
    It is. You won't find any slang dictionary refer to it as "OPinion", only original post(er).
    07-06-13 02:54 PM
    NO!!! Your wife is absolutely right!!! You trying to get me killed???
    07-06-13 02:55 PM
    It is. You won't find any slang dictionary refer to it as "OPinion", only original post(er).
    Anyone here remember newspapers, they had "op ed" in them? Opinion of the Editor? Anyone...anyone...?
    eninrebmun, toobs623 and bquinney like this.
    07-06-13 02:57 PM
    Anyone here remember newspapers, they had "op ed" in them? Opinion of the Editor? Anyone...anyone...?
    +1

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 02:58 PM
    PLEASE HELP!

I've always been loading leaks and i never had any problem restoring, i've tried so many methods to restore as i've read all of the post in this thread.

Tried security wipe before and after installation, tried reinstall link(provided restarting computer after restarting), also tried darcy tool, also tried reinstalling older back ups.

Everything don't seem to work. Really need help and need to restore all my data previously...please provide advice

using Z10 and running STL100-1
    Try restoring the settings and media first. If successful, restore the apps portion.

Check out my "Facepalm" channel: C0001F676
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    07-06-13 02:59 PM
    1880 was great for me and since then I was afraid to get any other leak. This 4543 was really tempting, after reading the posts here I caved in and installed it this morning. Everything went smooth, restored all my stuff without any problems. Most annoying was to re-create my app folders (I wonder if there is a way to preserve them after a new OS and security wipe?) After side loading some android apps I noticed they work much better, load and run faster. Regarding battery life even though in still early looks promising, in 4 hrs dropped 4%.
    Norg likes this.
    07-06-13 03:02 PM
    Q

Posted via CB10
    NO!!! Your wife is absolutely right!!! You trying to get me killed???
    No way. I think the only person I ever wanted to kill is whomever signed off on killing Google Reader.
    Mecca EL and vecharo like this.
    I wiped my phone after installing this leak. My battery is draining at the rate of 33.3% per hour.

I will use it for 24 hours and if it does not show any sign of improvement, i will have no choice but to ditch it

Posted from CB10 via Z10
    My phone often does this when the os is settling in. What I do to help stop this is shutdown my phone, take the battery door off, and take out the battery. I leave the phone completely apart until everything has cooled down then put it back together and fire it up again.

Usually solves the issue.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4
    Mecca EL and Norg like this.
    07-06-13 03:05 PM
    Good built... battery is good until now

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 03:06 PM
    No way. I think the only person I ever wanted to kill is whomever signed off on killing Google Reader.
    and themes!!!
    dparks69 likes this.
    Anyone have an idea how to fix vvm on Rogers? I've tried other radios, other phone and voice mails bars....no luck
    Guys...I am on 4537...how do I get smart calling feature (not sure if that's what it is called)? The one where you get option to send message after denying a call?

From STL100-1
    07-06-13 03:07 PM
    All the posts I have read state to do that, and it has always worked for me. I am by no means "new". In addition, I was simply trying to help the person who asked for instruction, not to point out your flaw. Also, it had nothing to do with your picture. Thank you.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.1.0.4537
    Ibfe had instructed to do it this way. I have done it this way and Mecca's way. Both work. Neither is incorrect in my opinion. I think it is just user choice and which way you individually are comfortable loading the leak.

Mecca EL likes this.
    07-06-13 03:08 PM
    LOL Now, I totally understand where you got that OP=Opinon thing from! And I do remember Op Ed. I wonder how many younger people now would have no idea what that means. Wow.

But, yeah, in the digital age here I've only seen OP refer to Original Post(er).
    Mecca EL and BravoZuluDelta like this.
    07-06-13 03:09 PM
    I see how you might have made that assumption, but OP = Original Poster, NOT Opinion. The OP could be something like posting a fact or information, and not contain an opinion at all. The important part is that its referring to the contents of the original post, not that it may be an opinion.
    Mecca EL and BravoZuluDelta like this.
    07-06-13 03:11 PM
    The one issue I have with these last two OS that is kinda driving me crazy:
    Initially I couldn't get my gmail setup with the new method. (These addresses are on my own domain using the old Google Apps.)
    Got through the new gmail login page fine
    Gave the App Permissions
    Saving and verifying your settings ...
    Then I would get some variaton of "The server imap.gmail.com for your account is not responding. Please check your settings and try again." basically that none of the e-mail, calendar, contact servers could be reached.

Turned off WiFi and it worked to setup all of them. Yay.

With WiFi back on, though, I eventually get a password error notification for each account.
    To get it working again, I have to again turn WiFi off and input the passwords on the Google pages.

Obviously, there's something the new setup doesn't like with my WiFi.
    But it makes little sense because it was working just fine the old way.

I haven't seen anyone (at all) post about this issue, so I'm just wondering if anyone else is on there own domain with Gmail, if that's part of the issue? or if it's just something weird specific to my WiFi?
    07-06-13 03:17 PM
    I see how you might have made that assumption, but OP = Original Poster, NOT Opinion. The OP could be something like posting a fact or information, and not contain an opinion at all. The important part is that its referring to the contents of the original post, not that it may be an opinion.
    Completely understood, although I didn't assume. Forum sites originate from the newspaper format, where readers could do what we do here. There was of course a HUGE delay in communicating and publishing, where the net eliminates this gap. But OP originated from the newspaper days, and has been reinterpreted to mean Original Poster. Your definition for today is sound, my definition is of old.
    07-06-13 03:20 PM
    My phone often does this when the os is settling in. What I do to help stop this is shutdown my phone, take the battery door off, and take out the battery. I leave the phone completely apart until everything has cooled down then put it back together and fire it up again.

Usually solves the issue.

Same steps here, but I also suggest following pili4's actions with a static charge cycle (turn the phone off then charge it until full). Sometimes this helps with massive drain and heat issues.

Posted from CB10 via Z10
    07-06-13 03:21 PM
1,668 ... 2425262728 ...