07-27-13 07:47 AM
1,668 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Ok so I'm now kinda interested in background. Where do go to find this background?

Posted via CB10
    Go to my personal page, tap my image. I have a decent catalog of nonsense
    07-06-13 02:19 PM
    I can vouch for this. Mecca has been of assistance to many of us here and definitely knows what he is talking about.

Posted via CB10
    Second that. Mecca EL is one of the most knowledgeable members. I cannot count how many times he's bailed me out of a bad situation. He's also gone to great lengths to educate me on these phones. Would be lost without him!
    Sorry for the hijack but the subject was important to me!
    Mecca EL and loveBB6.0 like this.
    07-06-13 02:23 PM
    Still cannot restore remember app & other data & settings.. from bb link

SDG on Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4543, Vodafone India
    07-06-13 02:24 PM
    Verizon Z10 (STL 100-4) users that have installed this: how is the included radio performing in regards to call quality, dropped calls, and battery life?

Reading through all these leak threads seem to get varied results, understandably, but most seem to forget to note which model and carrier they are on. While it's been established that builds/radios for series 2, 3, and 4 can be installed interchangeably and 'work' it's also been established that (at least some) devices don't play well with non-specific builds (radio file). I happen to have one of those devices, unfortunately. It could be that I travel continuously and experience problems that others who do not (and stay on the same tower), I don't know, but so far it has been an issue on my device.

So two requests:

1. Verizon -4 users: how is the included radio performing?

And

2. Can we start to include the model and carrier in our posts when responding to leak threads? It'd also save static from people keeping asking "what model/carrier" lol

TIA

--- Verizon Z10-4, VZW (lbfe) 10.1.0.2354, r2063
    Mecca EL, travaz, docfreed and 2 others like this.
    07-06-13 02:26 PM
    Also cannot get ring tones assigned to contacts to work... only default ring tone works when that contact calls...

SDG on Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4543, Vodafone India
    07-06-13 02:28 PM
    Decided to go with it and install this one as my first Q10 leak this morning. Pretty happy so far. Everything went smoothly, from installation and security wipe to restore to adding the black calendar bar and getting my bbm channels back. Battery is doing well so far, it's been about 12 hours and I'm still at 86% so none of the huge overnight leaking that some have experienced. No lagging, every app I've tried seems to be doing just fine. Haven't received any calls so not sure yet if I'll see a name or numbers.

The only issue I have is one that I already had prior to installing this leak. Remote acces over wifi works well, but for some reason my pc refuses to give me any notification that a device/two drives are connected over wifi, so I'm unable to sideload or acces the files on my BB on my pc over wifi, it only works on usb. Link does see the device when it's connected through wifi. Still not sure what causes that because it worked fine for a few weeks and then it just stopped. But that's another story, unrelated to the leak.

Anyhow, of course I'll have to give this leak a little more time to see how it does in the long run but so far I'm not regretting my decision to go for it.
    Welcome to the Light!!! Thank you for joining us!
    VeniceBB likes this.
    07-06-13 02:30 PM
    This OS is smoother and faster than 4537, added some of 10.2 bars and it's flying...lol
    Thanks FlexNinja...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Which specific 10.2 bars did you add?
    07-06-13 02:37 PM
    Welcome to the Light!!! Thank you for joining us!
    Thank you, happy to be here
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-06-13 02:40 PM
    Auto loder for Mac?
    07-06-13 02:41 PM
    I believe displaying contact issue only stands for local contacts. Can somebody confirm that if they have the issue where the contact is stored? I came to that conclusion as I have call from a few people today, and both SIM contact showed up during ringing, and my outlook contact too. Only one that is stored locally didn't.
    Also, when I was hanging up that call, the phone found who I am speaking with (saw the contact name), and also displayed in call history properly, but with a small lag comparing to the rest.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-06-13 02:41 PM
    This is incorrect if you load the bar file it will be the Dark Theme Calendar. That's the whole point...
    I've tried a few times, even had DDPB "run on playbook/phone" afterwards and cannot get the dark theme. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted via CB10 by way of the SUPER SMARTphone Zed10
    07-06-13 02:43 PM
    I sync all my contacts via active exchange, no contacts saved to my device. I've had no issues relating to call display working.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 02:43 PM
    Verizon Z10 (STL 100-4) users that have installed this: how is the included radio performing in regards to call quality, dropped calls, and battery life?

Reading through all these leak threads seem to get varied results, understandably, but most seem to forget to note which model and carrier they are on. While it's been established that builds/radios for series 2, 3, and 4 can be installed interchangeably and 'work' it's also been established that (at least some) devices don't play well with non-specific builds (radio file). I happen to have one of those devices, unfortunately. It could be that I travel continuously and experience problems that others who do not (and stay on the same tower), I don't know, but so far it has been an issue on my device.

So two requests:

And

2. Can we start to include the model and carrier in our posts when responding to leak threads? It'd also save static from people keeping asking "what model/carrier" lol

TIA

This has been wonderful for me. Radio is fine. No dropped calls, and call quality is great.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4
    Mecca EL and travaz like this.
    07-06-13 02:44 PM
    I've tried a few times, even had DDPB "run on playbook/phone" afterwards and cannot get the dark theme. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted via CB10 by way of the SUPER SMARTphone Zed10
    The theme color is based on a global value. Which is white for Z10 and black for Q10. You cannot change that, it has been specified with the QML (as it's a cascades app) automatically.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-06-13 02:46 PM
    Just installed this new leak. It is exceptionally smooth, very fast and fluid. If anyone finds it a bit slow or laggy, factory reset from BlackBerry Link that is what I did after it worked perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 02:49 PM
    The Ninja has spoken!
    I'm kinda new to truly spending any time on CB other then reading news. But the comment "The Ninja has spoken!" below a quote from Kris has me thinking Kris is the OP??? Or am off base? I have been wondering who is posting the leaks. Just wondering because it is interesting.
    samvel2001 likes this.
    07-06-13 02:50 PM
    PLEASE HELP!

I've always been loading leaks and i never had any problem restoring, i've tried so many methods to restore as i've read all of the post in this thread.

Tried security wipe before and after installation, tried reinstall link(provided restarting computer after restarting), also tried darcy tool, also tried reinstalling older back ups.

Everything don't seem to work. Really need help and need to restore all my data previously...please provide advice

using Z10 and running STL100-1
    jhimmel likes this.
    07-06-13 02:53 PM

So two requests:

And

TIA

Working great on Verizon. No dropped call and I talk a lot.

Via Zeppelin 10
    07-06-13 03:08 PM
    I installed this on my Q10, everything went well except the calendar is now white. Is there a fix for this?

Otherwise, everything seems to be settling in nicely.
    07-06-13 03:10 PM
    I didn't miss anything. I never turn my phone off, or disconnect and reconnect. Where did you learn that from?

New folks, pleeeeease stop pointing out that I may have missed "something". Check my background here, not my post count. I can unbrick your phone remotely. Don't let my model picture fool you. Sheesh

Posted via CB10
    All the posts I have read state to do that, and it has always worked for me. I am by no means "new". In addition, I was simply trying to help the person who asked for instruction, not to point out your flaw. Also, it had nothing to do with your picture. Thank you.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.1.0.4537
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-06-13 03:17 PM
    On the Z10 LE (STL100-2) I can't restore my data using link and the phone is running way to hot even when the screen is off and no app is running. Seems there is a bug in this build which is causing heavy system usage and this drains the battery fast.
    07-06-13 03:21 PM
    All the posts I have read state to do that, and it has always worked for me. I am by no means "new". In addition, I was simply trying to help the person who asked for instruction, not to point out your flaw. Also, it had nothing to do with your picture. Thank you.

Edit: I shouldn't have used the word flaw. I'm sure I'll get another 10 members of this site jumping down my throat for that one as well.

07-06-13 03:22 PM
    I'm kinda new to truly spending any time on CB other then reading news. But the comment "The Ninja has spoken!" below a quote from Kris has me thinking Kris is the OP??? Or am off base? I have been wondering who is posting the leaks. Just wondering because it is interesting.
    Kris is one of the forum Mods - kind of a gate keeper. He's also a worldwind Ninja, pretty much came in and littered the site with help and leaks. The OP, or the person who started the thread with their OPinion, is the first person to post. Hope this helps you.
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    07-06-13 03:24 PM
    PLEASE HELP!

I've always been loading leaks and i never had any problem restoring, i've tried so many methods to restore as i've read all of the post in this thread.

Tried security wipe before and after installation, tried reinstall link(provided restarting computer after restarting), also tried darcy tool, also tried reinstalling older back ups.

Everything don't seem to work. Really need help and need to restore all my data previously...please provide advice

using Z10 and running STL100-1
    Have also had this happen, on a previous OS. There seems to be one good working method, when you've exhausted options - go back to the previous OS, restore your data, and wait for another leak. I'm not suggesting this in the sense of being mean. I say this because all devices don't response to input the same way, and your device - like mine on another OS that folks had restore success with - just won't comply. The next leak, will surely work for you, maybe even 4537 - the leak before this one. But don't frustrate yourself. There WILL be a new OS that works for you.
    Hamilton Guy and Audrey Loo like this.
    07-06-13 03:29 PM
    I wiped my phone after installing this leak. My battery is draining at the rate of 33.3% per hour.

The phone has been constantly hot.

I will use it for 24 hours and if it does not show any sign of improvement, i will have no choice but to ditch it

Posted from CB10 via Z10
    07-06-13 03:31 PM
1,668 ... 2324252627 ...