07-27-13 06:47 AM
1,668 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Blows my mind that BB don't have a solid 'cloud' based backup for contacts, calendars, memos, etc. in BB10. Meanwhile, legacy devices have it and have had for a few years now. Surely this has to be coming, I'm just not sure why it's taking them so long.
    eninrebmun likes this.
    07-06-13 11:45 AM
    Blows my mind that BB don't have a solid 'cloud' based backup for contacts, calendars, memos, etc. in BB10. Meanwhile, legacy devices have it and have had for a few years now. Surely this has to be coming, I'm just not sure why it's taking them so long.
    True indeed. I was sure that Protect was the reason my contacts returned to my device, before I'd even done a restore. At the very least, it's now known that OS10's Protect doesn't.
    07-06-13 11:57 AM
    Up and running. Did a wipe before installing and one after. After reading reasons in this thread for wiping before running the autoloader, and for running after the autoloader, I decided to try both.

One issue...
    Leaked 10.1.0.4543 for STL100-1/2/3/4 SQN100-1/2/3/4/5-img_00000337.jpg

Now all my folders in my email accounts are not sorted alphabetically -- they're all random. This is going to be a real PITA. I tried deleting and re-adding the accounts, but no joy. Any suggestions?
    07-06-13 12:08 PM
    Maybe reorder them through you're email provider? Could be that it pulls exactly as they're organized with the host...

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-06-13 12:10 PM
    Does that include contract as well ?

Posted via CB10
    Does for me. Go onto orange website and look for swapables, it's normally a fiver a month, but free if you are on panther contact.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 12:13 PM
    Seems like this Build, as well as the 4537 Build both have the following problems:

1) BeBuzz Pro - will not Vibrate on phone connect, it will only vibrate on phone disconnects (Doesn't matter you choose On connect or On Disconnect). LEDs are working OK!
    The Free Connect Vibrate works great tho...

2) Incoming contact name would not display, will display as numbers only.

======

I restored the back ups from BB Link on both Leaks without any problems.
    07-06-13 12:13 PM
    Maybe reorder them through you're email provider? Could be that it pulls exactly as they're organized with the host...

Posted via CB10

No, sorry -- should have mentioned that. All are alpha in my Outlook.com account. And, they show correctly under Accounts where we choose which folders to sync.

Leaked 10.1.0.4543 for STL100-1/2/3/4 SQN100-1/2/3/4/5-img_00000338.jpg
    07-06-13 12:17 PM
    I didn't miss anything. I never turn my phone off, or disconnect and reconnect. Where did you learn that from?

New folks, pleeeeease stop pointing out that I may have missed "something". Check my background here, not my post count. I can unbrick your phone remotely. Don't let my model picture fool you. Sheesh

Posted via CB10
    But you did miss something..
    Someone gets it right once and they are a master and any other way of doing it us wrong

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 12:20 PM
    Seems like this Build, as well as the 4537 Build both have the following problems:

1) BeBuzz Pro - will not Vibrate on phone connect, it will only vibrate on phone disconnects (Doesn't matter you choose On connect or On Disconnect). LEDs are working OK!

======

1) Confirmed.

2) Is working normally for me, get contacts name, picture and number on incoming call.
    hieupham likes this.
    07-06-13 12:20 PM
    Since now i can load larger apps over mobile...thx
    07-06-13 12:21 PM
    GRRRR Mega died at 98% It always does that on me. I will try google I guess.
    07-06-13 12:28 PM
    OK--I've been a compulsive leak upgrader for years, but...

I have been running 2354/1881 on a 100-3 AT&T for about three weeks, and it is flawless for what I do. I said at that time that this would be the last upgrade I would do until a relatively bug free 10.2 came out, which apparently hasn't happened yet.

I use a 4 digit password and have no problem just entering it from the full screen keyboard, so that isn't a reason to upgrade. I'm not concerned about the SMS restore issue--I'll use SMS backup--so that isn't a reason not to upgrade. The other new features don't seem that compelling, /unless/ this version permits wi-fi calling /on AT&T/ with a little tweaking of the engineering screen.

So, can someone say why I, or anyone on AT&T. should or shouldn't upgrade from 2354/1881 to 4543, other than just having the newest leak?
    07-06-13 12:34 PM
    Can someone please create a mirror for the Q10 file? My browser keeps deleting the file.
    07-06-13 12:37 PM
    Is this what you're looking for:

Attachment 179450

Attachment 179451

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    Yeah, just looking for the aesthetic differences! Thank for posting pics! Cute avatar btw ;-)

Posted via CB10
    pili4 likes this.
    07-06-13 12:40 PM
    I didn't miss anything. I never turn my phone off, or disconnect and reconnect. Where did you learn that from?

New folks, pleeeeease stop pointing out that I may have missed "something". Check my background here, not my post count. I can unbrick your phone remotely. Don't let my model picture fool you. Sheesh

Posted via CB10
    Ok so I'm now kinda interested in background. Where do go to find this background?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 12:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can vouch for this. Mecca has been of assistance to many of us here and definitely knows what he is talking about.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 12:51 PM
    I wrote Jess in Beta Zone, to see if this can be corrected. It's a much needs feature, considering Link is buggy.
    On kris' new 10.1 thread I'm pretty sure there is a backup option in settings. I believe that it would remote backup to your home computer. The idea they seem to be moving towards is personal cloud ( which is awesome)

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 01:02 PM
    Mine looked the same too. One BT connection is my car the other one is my earpiece. As soon as I turned one of the devices on, it connected automatically and cleared that up.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 01:03 PM
    OK--I've been a compulsive leak upgrader for years, but...

I have been running 2354/1881 on a 100-3 AT&T for about three weeks, and it is flawless for what I do. I said at that time that this would be the last upgrade I would do until a relatively bug free 10.2 came out, which apparently hasn't happened yet.

I use a 4 digit password and have no problem just entering it from the full screen keyboard, so that isn't a reason to upgrade. I'm not concerned about the SMS restore issue--I'll use SMS backup--so that isn't a reason not to upgrade. The other new features don't seem that compelling, /unless/ this version permits wi-fi calling /on AT&T/ with a little tweaking of the engineering screen.

So, can someone say why I, or anyone on AT&T. should or shouldn't upgrade from 2354/1881 to 4543, other than just having the newest leak?
    As far as I know AT&Ts network does not support wifi calling. Correct me if I am wrong.

It did fix my visual voice mail problem but I was on. 2342 though. Also I had a weird problem where lte would kick off for no reason which seems to be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 01:04 PM
    But you did miss something..
    Someone gets it right once and they are a master and any other way of doing it us wrong

Posted via CB10
    I'm not in the habit of saying anyone is ever "right" or "wrong", "better" or "weaker", "smarter" or "stupid". I speak for myself here, I don't do that. What I do is bring to anothers attention that, although you may find yourself deficient at something, don't automatically apply that to "all" of us. Let's take what you just did, for example: because you are focused on me being a "master" at something, you completely misread, and reinterpreted what I said, to fit the mood of your ego. Without using your ego, pinpoint exactly what it was that I missed?
    07-06-13 01:05 PM
    I'm not in the habit of saying anyone is ever "right" or "wrong", "better" or "weaker", "smarter" or "stupid". I speak for myself here, I don't do that. What I do is bring to anothers attention that, although you may find yourself deficient at something, don't automatically apply that to "all" of us. Let's take what you just did, for example: because you are focused on me being a "master" at something, you completely misread, and reinterpreted what I said, to fit the mood of your ego. Without using your ego, pinpoint exactly what it was that I missed?
    Have to agree, Mecca has been around longer than I have as far as I know, and has been a great help to the community as I've seen and from what I've been told of the past. He may not know all the answers, but I bet he knows the ones I don't so it makes for a deadly combination to have so many skilled and knowledgeable people on the CB forums.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 01:08 PM

======

Apparently, this is a glitch in the wifi calling feature. Are you able to access wifi calling? I disable the feature - using the bar that HATAX provided in another thread - and calling ID returned.
    07-06-13 01:08 PM
    Have to agree, Mecca has been around longer than I have as far as I know, and has been a great help to the community as I've seen and from what I've been told of the past. He may not know all the answers, but I bet he knows the ones I don't so it makes for a deadly combination to have so many skilled and knowledgeable people on the CB forums.

Posted via CB10
    The Ninja has spoken!
    yvpan1, vecharo and LP_Rigg like this.
    07-06-13 01:09 PM
    Decided to go with it and install this one as my first Q10 leak this morning. Pretty happy so far. Everything went smoothly, from installation and security wipe to restore to adding the black calendar bar and getting my bbm channels back. Battery is doing well so far, it's been about 12 hours and I'm still at 86% so none of the huge overnight leaking that some have experienced. No lagging, every app I've tried seems to be doing just fine. Haven't received any calls so not sure yet if I'll see a name or numbers.

The only issue I have is one that I already had prior to installing this leak. Remote acces over wifi works well, but for some reason my pc refuses to give me any notification that a device/two drives are connected over wifi, so I'm unable to sideload or acces the files on my BB on my pc over wifi, it only works on usb. Link does see the device when it's connected through wifi. Still not sure what causes that because it worked fine for a few weeks and then it just stopped. But that's another story, unrelated to the leak.

Anyhow, of course I'll have to give this leak a little more time to see how it does in the long run but so far I'm not regretting my decision to go for it.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-06-13 01:11 PM
    Anyone experiencing problems wit blackberry app world?

It downloads all my apps then hangs after a while without installing any app
    I had that issue when installing all my apps. A reboot fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 01:14 PM
1,668 ... 2223242526 ...