07-27-13 06:47 AM
1,668 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Attachment 179399

I forgot to mention it is called a "smart reply" and a photo too would have been nice.
    Yup! If you can't answer the call, you can choose to ignore it and text them with a canned response. Sounds cheesy but it's actually extremely useful.

This is a feature that I loved on my Lumia 920 *ducks as objects are thrown at the black sheep who used a WP8 device* so I'm very happy to see it come to my Z10!!
    Sorry, should have included you on this response. See explanation of what it's supposed to do above...

My guess is that you might have to set your auto-reply preferences (aka which texts you want it to be able to send if/when you reject a call) before it will work properly...

Or it just doesn't work properly!
    07-05-13 07:48 PM
    Can someone confirm if tmobile wifi calling with this o's fixes mms with wifi connected?

I cannot send pictures unless wifi is off(not connected to anything obviously). Under 4g it's okay
    Yesterday's leak

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 07:51 PM
    Don't forget to do a classic "hard reset", guys!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 07:53 PM
    I see professor, very interesting indeed. What does it mean to the other lay persons in this chat as you and I are obviously communicating on the same high level...
    He did dumb it down, what else do you want to know??
    07-05-13 07:55 PM
    Not fair I just installed Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.4537 WTF FMY lol

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 07:57 PM
    Those OS highjackers
    Your 9810 will see a new official 7.1 update from AT&T before your Zed10 gets 10.1... I wish I was kidding but I digress...

I know you're rocking 10.2 happily from the AT&T threads, but this one is worth trying out. I was on 10.2.0.228 w/ the .340 apps and the .341 STL100-3 dev beta radio...

So, PSA to those rocking 10.2 dev alpha or beta:

I am thoroughly enjoying this build. It's really tough for me to comment on battery life being that my BB rarely leaves my hands, but the responsiveness is amazing, my calls sound clearer (I was getting some "fuzz" with 10.2), and there are plenty of new features to tinker with until they leak 10.2.0.4xx

The only thing I am missing, honestly, is that cool new hourglass, erm, whatever they call the two round-corner squares that replaced the ubiquitous blue circle that chased itself.
    Mecca EL and brout like this.
    07-05-13 07:57 PM
    Not fair I just installed Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.4537 WTF FMY lol

Posted via CB10
    So did many of us, so do not anger the leak gods!
    dkreeg likes this.
    07-05-13 07:59 PM
    Haha.. just done resolving restore issue on previous leak.. now this.

Downloading this first. Gonna try this later.

Mantap!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 08:00 PM
    Anyone running this on BES? Does this version bring back Remote Email Search capabilities?
    07-05-13 08:04 PM
    always possible. I have a paid Dropbox account so all my files are on there, and I don't actually do backups. I keep everything on SD card, and everything else that's important is stored on my work exchange server. I just have to re download my apps every reload and none of them has anything I need to have backed up at this time.

Posted via CB10
    Is your sdcard encrypted for work? If so, how does it work from one leak to the next? That's my biggest hurdle going from one leak to the next (aside from not having a windows machine).

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 08:05 PM
    Okay, so I'm currently running software release 10.1.0.238, OS version10.1.0.1483 (the latest OS my carrier has released). So far it has been running smoothly and beautifully. No issues at all. And still I am contemplating giving this leak a try. Can anyone give me any reason not to? Or perhaps one why I definitely should?
    Anyone? Please?
    07-05-13 08:10 PM
    At this pace, I will have to buy another Z just to keep trying the leaks.

Posted via CB10
    I would have to agree with you

Posted via CB10
    Anyone running this on BES? Does this version bring back Remote Email Search capabilities?
    I'm running it on BES 10 + ActiveSync. I think I know what you are referring to, but I don't have an option to search "local" or "remote". I did a regular search for the term "BlackBerry" and it showed messages (filed into various subfolders) back to April, but that's all I got. Short answer, probably no. Good question, though, and I will research some more, since this has been a lifesaver in the past for me.
    Replying to myself - found the solution. It works!

To initiate a Remote search for email messages using BlackBerry 10:
    1. Open the Hub application on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    2. Touch the Search icon.
    3. Type the desired search at the top. The device will do a local search first.
    4. Scroll down to the end of the messages found with the local search.
    Touch the Remote Search option to initiate the remote search.

I'm running it on BES 10 + ActiveSync. I think I know what you are referring to, but I don't have an option to search "local" or "remote". I did a regular search for the term "BlackBerry" and it showed messages (filed into various subfolders) back to April, but that's all I got. Short answer, probably no. Good question, though, and I will research some more, since this has been a lifesaver in the past for me.
    Mecca EL and zavar like this.
    07-05-13 08:18 PM
    The search is supposed to search the local device first. When I was previously on OS 10.0.X.X, at the end of the listed search results there was a "Remote Search" option at the very bottom, that would then allow you to search the emails on the server. Since upgrading the my carrier's official 10.1, and now the leaked 10.1.0.2062, this remote search function hasn't shown up.

The remote search for Contacts still works, just not the Email aspect.
    07-05-13 08:19 PM
    Is your sdcard encrypted for work? If so, how does it work from one leak to the next? That's my biggest hurdle going from one leak to the next (aside from not having a windows machine).

Posted via CB10
    No encryption. We don't deal with anything sensitive enough to bother with. I don't even enforce password policies.

When we do have sensitive info it simply never gets put into email, or is sent as an encrypted attachment. Basically anyone could read my email and find virtually nothing of interest in it.

And active sync is only enabled on a small small fraction of our mailboxes. Really just myself and a few managers.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 08:19 PM
    settings - security or something - security wipe. some kind of evil reset, wipes everything.
    Lol, best explain so far. I will add "the fastest way to drain the **** out of your battery"

On topic:
    Installed fine.
    Skipping presentation its a bit easy now.
    "Evil Reset" done (pretty fast @10 min or even less)

I cant find an option to select if whether or not to sync contacts, calendar and so on.
    Its driving me nuts cause I really need to know WHAT am I synching with.
    Note: Im talking about GMail accounts.
    07-05-13 08:21 PM
    Your 9810 will see a new official 7.1 update from AT&T before your Zed10 gets 10.1... I wish I was kidding but I digress...

I know you're rocking 10.2 happily from the AT&T threads, but this one is worth trying out. I was on 10.2.0.228 w/ the .340 apps and the .341 STL100-3 dev beta radio...

So, PSA to those rocking 10.2 dev alpha or beta:

I am thoroughly enjoying this build. It's really tough for me to comment on battery life being that my BB rarely leaves my hands, but the responsiveness is amazing, my calls sound clearer (I was getting some "fuzz" with 10.2), and there are plenty of new features to tinker with until they leak 10.2.0.4xx

The only thing I am missing, honestly, is that cool new hourglass, erm, whatever they call the two round-corner squares that replaced the ubiquitous blue circle that chased itself.
    I'm assuming your referring to the spinner that Michael Clewley made mention to in his BBM channels post of Jun 4? Not sure I trust anything he has to say... Just saying....
    07-05-13 08:21 PM
    I'm on the previous leak, Has anyone tried using the smart reply at all? Every time I hit a response it closes abruptly and does not send it at all.

I tried with my sisters phone and nothing. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 08:22 PM
    The search is supposed to search the local device first. When I was previously on OS 10.0.X.X, at the end of the listed search results there was a "Remote Search" option at the very bottom, that would then allow you to search the emails on the server. Since upgrading the my carrier's official 10.1, and now the leaked 10.1.0.2062, this remote search function hasn't shown up.

The remote search for Contacts still works, just not the Email aspect.
    The Email aspect for remote search does show up for me, and it works (I was just a little impatient in my first reply to notice the "Remote Search" option once it finished doing a local search).
    zavar likes this.
    07-05-13 08:22 PM
    Anyone? Please?
    Have you read anything in this thread?? We can't decide for you...
    07-05-13 08:27 PM
    The Email aspect for remote search does show up for me, and it works (I was just a little impatient in my first reply to notice the "Remote Search" option once it finished doing a local search).
    And just to add another note, you can still specify folders, recipients, etc. in the search. The search results will not show *everything*, but instead will show a "Get More Results" option at the bottom of the screen. This is better than the OS7 search, which would show only approximately 20 search results, but no options to keep going (that I am aware of... and no longer care about, ha ha, since I'm now on BB10 for good!) :-)
    zavar likes this.
    07-05-13 08:27 PM
    Can someone try this leak and BlackBerry Link is able to restore backup/full backup from previous or older backup?

BlackBerry was not be able to do so on 10.1.0.5437

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 08:28 PM
    Screw it! I'm restoring now. As long as it's as good as .4537, I'll be happy!

WOW! The restore blazes right through without having to re-install the Mireo map!!!
    Mecca EL and vptsff like this.
    07-05-13 08:28 PM
    I'm on the previous leak, Has anyone tried using the smart reply at all? Every time I hit a response it closes abruptly and does not send it at all.

I tried with my sisters phone and nothing. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    I experience this as well.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    07-05-13 08:29 PM
1,668 ... 1011121314 ...