06-10-13 02:05 AM
517 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    **Update**

I went ahead and re-installed the OS again and before I run the restore to put my data back on the device the browser works great, as it should. Once the restore is complete (settings, app data and media) and everything is setup the browser goes back to not working correctly.

Any ideas on what to do or how I should proceed?
    probably corrupt backup. try to start fresh with your settings and only restore media data. only caveat is you'll loose those texts and emails.
    05-24-13 10:07 PM
    Leaked 10.1.0.2009 for Z10 2/3/4-img_00000062.png
    For any 10.1 leaks that I've installed, my keyboard feedback need to be more than half if I want to hear the sound. In fact, when playing media, whenever the volume goes less than 50%, it's very very low, and the 100% isn't as loud as it was with 10.0.
    Anybody has the same issue?

I'm using STL100-2 btw.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:10 PM
    I'm ok with loosing texts and emails - my only concern is contacts. Which part of of the back is that in?

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly - only restore the settings and media? Don't do the app data?
    05-24-13 10:11 PM
    Iam using STL 100-2, with 1916, all of my symbols in fancy characters displayed correctly, like the way it used to be with the legacy devices. But With 2009, the symbols dont display correctly again. Has anyone noticed?
    Anyone Noticed?
    05-24-13 10:11 PM
    **Update**

I went ahead and re-installed the OS again and before I run the restore to put my data back on the device the browser works great, as it should. Once the restore is complete (settings, app data and media) and everything is setup the browser goes back to not working correctly.

Any ideas on what to do or how I should proceed?
    I had that once with 1880. Try clear history and cookies, then restart your browser.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:12 PM
    Reflashing did the trick, at least, for the BBM issue I had.

This is why I firmly believe that BlackBerry should allow you to reflash not from something from memory but a downloaded, complete, new build directly from the servers. I don't know why but flashing always can introduce odd issues.
    05-24-13 10:12 PM
    I'm ok with loosing texts and emails - my only concern is contacts. Which part of of the back is that in?

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly - only restore the settings and media? Don't do the app data?
    Have you tried the suggestion above, cleared cache, cookies, etc?

For contacts, a good solution is to get InTouch app from BB world, register device then backup contacts. Then you can do a fresh install without restoring any backup, then reload InTouch and restore your contacts. Works like a charm.
    05-24-13 10:15 PM
    My phone has been running a fever on this, the last couple of hours. I'm on stl3. I know others have said that it works for them, have any of you experience this?

Mine is not running warm at all. I'm currently charging it thru the USB and still not hot.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:15 PM
    Can anyone answer this question, will backing up and restoring my device restore bbm channels as well or no?
    Not sure if the channels get backed up, but all of my channels did reappear. When I first opened BBM and went into channels, there was nothing. I thought (never mind what I thought, wasn't nice). I added a channel that I did have prior to the install of the new leak. Left the phone for a minute or two and went back to it they were all there, plus the new one I had added.

Do know if this answers you question or not.

Previous leak did not bring back any of my channels.

You have to re-install the channels software from the downloaded .exe.
    05-24-13 10:19 PM
    No need all radio files are interchangeable

Posted via CB10
    So... on those 2/3 leaks, what's to keep us 100-4 users away? I know the 100-1 is dramatically different, so forget aboutthat one, but the 2/3 are GSM... and mine is CDMA.

If the 4 has radio files for 2/3... well you see where I am going here.
    Young Z likes this.
    05-24-13 10:20 PM
    As I promised, here is another mirror for the file: ftp://ftp.sv-cs.com/BB10.1.X.2009_STL100-4.rar
    05-24-13 10:22 PM
    Have you tried the suggestion above, cleared cache, cookies, etc?

For contacts, a good solution is to get InTouch app from BB world, register device then backup contacts. Then you can do a fresh install without restoring any backup, then reload InTouch and restore your contacts. Works like a charm.
    Cool I'll check that out - thanks for the tip.

I should only restore the media from the restore? Do use the app data and settings?
    05-24-13 10:23 PM
    So... on those 2/3 leaks, what's to keep us 100-4 users away? I know the 100-1 is dramatically different, so forget aboutthat one, but the 2/3 are GSM... and mine is CDMA.

If the 4 has radio files for 2/3... well you see where I am going here.
    That has already been tested by 4 users installing 2/3 leaks to confirm they work both ways

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    05-24-13 10:25 PM
    Just an fyi for anybody connecting to a Traveler server via ActiveSync that isn't https, this happened once after I updated link. Rolling back to a previous OS fixed it but just wanted to give feedback.
    05-24-13 10:29 PM
    Cool I'll check that out - thanks for the tip.

I should only restore the media from the restore? Do use the app data and settings?
    Ideally, starting from scratch makes for a better experience since a lot of issues concerning backup/restore have been reported in the forums. Personally, I only backup settings data to get back my texts and emails plus other device settings and leave everything else fresh after an OS install. I can always reload my apps from BB world and redo all sideloads (although the process is quite a pita). If I have media new media (photos, vids, music), I transfer all these to the sd card so I do not have to backup thru Link. Backing up apps and media, then restoring after an OS install, usually takes a hell lot of time especially if you have a ton of data to save (big games like MC 4 or Nova 3 or music collection in the several gigs size).
    05-24-13 10:32 PM
    Ideally, starting from scratch makes for a better experience since a lot of issues concerning backup/restore have been reported in the forums. Personally, I only backup settings data to get back my texts and emails plus other device settings and leave everything else fresh after an OS install. I can always reload my apps from BB world and redo all sideloads (although the process is quite a pita). If I have media new media (photos, vids, music), I transfer all these to the sd card so I do not have to backup thru Link. Backing up apps and media, then restoring after an OS install, usually takes a hell lot of time especially if you have a ton of data to save (big games like MC 4 or Nova 3 or music collection in the several gigs size).
    Good info to have - I'm gonna try do what you said, use that app to backup contacts and then just restore the settings. Is the calendar data included in the settings data?
    05-24-13 10:36 PM
    How do I extract this file? I downloaded it and it keeps asking me what app I want to open it with. Help please
    7-Zip
    Free and works fine.
    05-24-13 10:39 PM
    Good info to have - I'm gonna try do what you said, use that app to backup contacts and then just restore the settings. Is the calendar data included in the settings data?
    Calendar data is connected to Account data (ex. CalDav, Facebook, etc.) which is under Settings. So yes.
    05-24-13 10:39 PM
    And for information from my BlackBerry internal sources anything build 19xx and higher is supposed to bring internal fixes along with of course the ever improving performance and battery life

Posted via CB10
    This

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:45 PM
    My phones the same version and has been the same way, its starting to bug me know. I usually ignore it due to indexing, etc but I loaded the OS at 4 and its still running hot now,

Gonna try a reload.
    So did I, just noticed it was running hot an hour ago because I had my case on and my case was hot too. No matter what app I open up it will run hot.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:47 PM
    Firstly, Thanks for the leak! Installing the .2009 went smoothly. question is: Now What? What should my steps be to return my phone to previous usability? ie, Do i "restore" my settings, data, and media first? or do i log into all of my accounts first? Thanks to all those who help us noobs out.
    05-24-13 10:48 PM
    It will run hot (and suck battery) until all the network data reloads, which can take an hour or two.
    I hope that is the case, I will let it run its course

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:49 PM
    The leak is a good daily driver, other than reboot while charging, which I'm starting to forget about. That fix will come in time, I'm quite sure of it.
    for anyone running rogers z10, give 2009 a go, you can't go wrong

Posted via CB10
    I'm on Rogers also. The reboot while charging issue was fixed with .1916 for me.
    Guess I might stick with it.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:49 PM
    Firstly, Thanks for the leak! Installing the .2009 went smoothly. question is: Now What? What should my steps be to return my phone to previous usability? ie, Do i "restore" my settings, data, and media first? or do i log into all of my accounts first? Thanks to all those who help us noobs out.
    Restore the data you backed up before installing this leak and you'll be good to go. You can restore everything at once or select individually (app, media, settings data). Report back if you encounter issues so other people can help.
    05-24-13 10:50 PM
    Calendar data is connected to Account data (ex. CalDav, Facebook, etc.) which is under Settings. So yes.
    Awesome thanks for the help, about to give the this method a try.

Thanks again.
    05-24-13 10:53 PM
517 ... 1516171819 ...