06-10-13 01:05 AM
517 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Hey guys,

I loaded 2009 on my device. When i try to restore the backup file, it gets stuck at 11%. restarted phone and computer twice. Any solutions?
    Try unticking "all" items for restore and just check off the 3 individually. It worked for me on the last leak.

ZED-10 For the person on the move!
    05-24-13 08:11 PM
    Has anyone had issues with the browser after installing this leak?

My browser doesn't work correctly now - when I try to load a site (tried different sites) it hangs at the end and never completely loads the site fully. Also, when I try to google something the results will load but none of the links are clickable. In both cases I have to close the browser and then hold down the x to make it close completely.

Any suggestions or is this a known issue with the leaks?
    05-24-13 08:11 PM

My browser doesn't work correctly now - when I try to load a site (tried different sites) it hangs at the end and never completely loads the site fully. Also, when I try to google something the results will load but none of the links are clickable. In both cases I have to close the browser and then hold down the x to make it close completely.

Seems to function as it should on my unit.

ZED-10 For the person on the move!
    05-24-13 08:13 PM

Works fine for me as well. So far no issues at all

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:17 PM
    I was going to suggest that if you hadn't
    I've tried a few more times, with and without the battery in, pressing and not pressing the power button, but the result is always the same: reset after reset, no OS install.

I'm going to be traveling for a couple of weeks and I was hoping to have this new leak installed before leaving tomorrow, but it looks like it's not going to happen. But the .1880 leak is going fine, so I'll survive.

Still, it's puzzling, and it makes me wonder if it's a hardware issue, especially since no one else is having the same problem. If so, it doesn't seem like the kind of thing I'll get a warranty exchange for. I just hope this doesn't mean I can't install OS leaks anymore. That's a big part of the fun of owning a BlackBerry!

In any case, thanks for the help, and the leaks are appreciated, whether I can install them or not.
    05-24-13 08:20 PM
    It baffles me that there are still a lot out there having different issues on their devices weather running the stock and official OS or leaks. I have done every sh*t available out there which in any situation would've voided the warranty of my Z10 and I didn't have any problem (except an issue restoring a backup and my accounts when I first moved from 10.0 to 10.1). Had about 3 random reboots since I got the device early March. Life likes me better I guess.

I've had 2009 for 5 hours now and everything is working as it should.
    05-24-13 08:21 PM
    Crap!!
    I can't get this one working either!
    Same problem with the Android apps (ported and sideloaded). When I try and run them, I get this:
    Attachment 164938
    And this:
    Attachment 164934

Also have a problem with my network ident. When I try and access my computer from my device, I get this :
    Attachment 164935

I've tried rebooting both my device and my PC to no avail. I can't figure out what I've done wrong, but I'm going to have to reload this OS again tonight...need to visit the wife in the hospital and she'll probably be pretty pissed if I don't visit her right now instead of figuring this thing out.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    I'm having the same problems with my computers, and also can't load my recent apps in Blackberry world, gonna try another restore when I'm at my store tomorrow see if that helps.
    05-24-13 08:22 PM
    I got the same problem when using Firefox, installed Chrome Browser and it wizzed through the download.. give Chrome a try.
    05-24-13 08:23 PM
    Iam using STL 100-2, with 1916, all of my symbols in fancy characters displayed correctly, like the way it used to be with the legacy devices. But With 2009, the symbols dont display correctly again. Has anyone noticed?
    05-24-13 08:25 PM
    My Beweather app forecast animation disappears during the transition when minimizing the app.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:26 PM
    First reboot, while my son was playing Angry Birds. 20:48:28 EDT
    05-24-13 08:26 PM
    Well I thought I had received a miracle when my 2nd replacement phone started up and began rebooting, however Lost All faith because the phone just Shut Off. Internal Hardware Failure I'm guessing. Man, I really was hoping to try this leak, but then again It's Not fixing the Reboot Issue.
    05-24-13 08:38 PM
    Any change log from 1926 vs 2009

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:38 PM
    It baffles me that there are still a lot out there having different issues on their devices weather running the stock and official OS or leaks. I have done every sh*t available out there which in any situation would've voided the warranty of my Z10 and I didn't have any problem (except an issue restoring a backup and my accounts when I first moved from 10.0 to 10.1). Had about 3 random reboots since I got the device early March. Life likes me better I guess.

I've had 2009 for 5 hours now and everything is working as it should.
    You are just a better person.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:39 PM
    I've had zero trouble thus far with the leak -- about 8 hours into it now.

It took a while to reload everything (contacts, calendars, etc) from the network -- about the same as the previous leaks.

The major changes I've noted include that the phone will charge while OFF (not automatically power on) and there is a significant change in behavior in the radio. Where I used to get lockouts in either WiFi hotspots or VPN (I run with VPN nailed up all the time) that no longer happens. I did manage to intentionally provoke one misbehavior incident where the VPN didn't come back up immediately, but about 5 minutes later it automatically restarted.

Another interesting change -- while my sideloaded apps did not come back their data did! That's new. That is, all the data that was saved in the sideloaded apps was still there once I reloaded the app itself. That was unexpected!

No unsolicited resets as of yet but from what I see thus far stability is improved. I'm on T-Mobile and did reload data from backup; was on 1720/1721.
    05-24-13 08:41 PM
    My phone has been running a fever on this, the last couple of hours. I'm on stl3. I know others have said that it works for them, have any of you experience this?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:45 PM
    Can anyone answer this question, will backing up and restoring my device restore bbm channels as well or no?
    05-24-13 08:46 PM
    My phone has been running a fever on this, the last couple of hours. I'm on stl3. I know others have said that it works for them, have any of you experience this?

Posted via CB10
    It will run hot (and suck battery) until all the network data reloads, which can take an hour or two.
    05-24-13 08:47 PM
    Can anyone answer this question, will backing up and restoring my device restore bbm channels as well or no?
    Not the software; you have to go back to betazone and reload the software. But -- it will remember the channels you had once you reload the code itself; they will reappear on first use.
    b320 likes this.
    05-24-13 08:48 PM
    Posted via CB10

My phones the same version and has been the same way, its starting to bug me know. I usually ignore it due to indexing, etc but I loaded the OS at 4 and its still running hot now,

Gonna try a reload.
    05-24-13 08:48 PM
    you will need to side load channels again
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-24-13 08:49 PM
    Not the software; you have to go back to betazone and reload the software. But -- it will remember the channels you had once you reload the code itself; they will reappear on first use.
    AIght thanks
    05-24-13 08:50 PM
    Just found a couple of issues. In BBM, instead of people's names it showed their pin numbers only in groups and no avatars. Also, when I received texts, they started showing up under 'Me' like I had sent them. Going to reflash and see if that helps.
    05-24-13 08:52 PM
    It is strange how everyone has so many different issues. Some have a perfect device, so it seems, but others have a host of issues. I know these are leaks we're all using (well many of us), but you'd think there would be more consistency. Hmmmmm!
    05-24-13 09:04 PM

**Update**

I went ahead and re-installed the OS again and before I run the restore to put my data back on the device the browser works great, as it should. Once the restore is complete (settings, app data and media) and everything is setup the browser goes back to not working correctly.

Any ideas on what to do or how I should proceed?
    05-24-13 09:05 PM
517 ... 1415161718 ...