06-10-13 01:05 AM
517 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot to Kris and LBFE for these leaks and support. Sorry if for nor doing proper searches and research but one of you may be able to answer quickly. I have my Z10 since launch but have never installed a Leak mainly because I hate the fact that it makes me feel I'm going back to the old BlackBerry ways of having to reconfigure everything when installing a new OS , but these leaks are looking very good and I don't think the next official will come anytime soon, questions:

- On the OP the steps don't mention restoring the backup, is it because the backup is just a precaution and data is not really deleted, or should there be a step 7 - restore backup?

- If I restore a backup after installing a leak, what kind of things should I expect to still have to do to go back to the state my phone was? re-install apps? reconfigure settings? what about game high scores individual application settings? etc...

- Depending on the answer to the previous question, I probably don't want to do this again anytime soon, Kris, would you recommend to wait for the next leak with that surprise you have talked about?

Thanks a lot Guys!
    Last edited by Lumute; 05-24-13 at 03:37 PM.
    05-24-13 03:22 PM
    Quick question..what is best way for the "cleanest" install possible.

I'm currently running one of the older leaks and ever since I've been using the leaks (10.1), my phone would occasionally completely freeze when I send a picture using Whatsapp in the Hub, it's become unbearable.

I would like to do a clean (super clean) install. I've heard people suggest soft bricking the device before loading up an OS. Any help would be appreciated.
    Security wipe current OS, softbrick than install new OS
    Vector-SS likes this.
    05-24-13 03:23 PM
    OK everything is up and running again.

Was as easy as it was with. 1880
    Had some freezer with .1916 so there for I'm very grateful for. 2009

Well I'm using a Z10 100-2 and it looks like that I can have a weeks rest until the next weekend.... ;-)

Now I noticed that .2009 use the same radio version then on .1916 !! It's ver.1917
    Next new feature is that .2009 coming along with "slacker radio" and "bing" which where not part of any leaks before.

Again Kris, thangs for sharing, you saved the World... well at least the weekend... ;-)
    By the way, this is my leak #8 by now... love it.

PS.
    I bet that the nagging for any upcoming leaks will start all over again next Thursday.. yeah the leaks-junkies need another fix by then... never mind.

Posted via Z10
    05-24-13 03:23 PM
    I did. Thanks for the suggestion though. I re-downloading, to see if that makes any difference. I doubt it, but I can't think of anything else to try.

I had no trouble doing the backup with Link, so it doesn't look like a basic USB connectivity issue.
    Update: Re-downloading didn't solve the problem (No big surprise there). The autoloader still just resets the phone over and over.
    05-24-13 03:24 PM
    Yes, there should be a restore.

Also, fyi there were a lot of reported problems restoring back ups from 10.0 to 10.1 so brace yourself. Use Intouch app for contacts.
    Lumute likes this.
    05-24-13 03:24 PM
    Do we need to re-calibrate the battery again? in my Battery Guru it says 3.5 hours to full from 68%, it said 1.5 hours when I was using 10.0.10.85 before. Or maybe this is the correct one? lol

update : unfortunately it isn't charging in 68%, so I tried to unplug and plug it again, and now it says 1.2 hours with a steady hot temperature (102 F)
    05-24-13 03:25 PM
    Security wipe current OS, softbrick than install new OS
    Thanks for the response Kris. When you mention "install new OS" does that mean I can launch the autoloader when my phone is bricked, or would I need to reload through Link and THEN use the autoloader?
    05-24-13 03:26 PM
    Kris -
    What's your thought on doing a battery pull after the update? Have you ever done a batter pull and if so, what type of situation would require the pull?

Thanks -
    05-24-13 03:26 PM
    Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot to Kris and LBFE for these leaks and support. Sorry if for nor doing proper searches and research but one of you may be able to answer quickly. I have my Z10 since launch but have never installed a Leak mainly because I hate the fact that it makes me feel I'm going back to the old BlackBerry ways of having to reconfigure everything when installing a new OS , these leaks are looking very good and I don't think the next official will come anytime soon, questions:

- On the OP the steps don't mention restoring the backup, is it because the backup is just a precaution and data is not really deleted, or should there be a step 7 - restore backup?

- If I restore a backup after installing a leak, what kind of things should I expect to still have to do to go back to the state my phone was? re-install apps? reconfigure settings? what about game high scores individual application settings? etc...

- Depending on the answer to the previous question, I probably don't want to do this again anytime soon, Kris, would you recommend to wait for the next leak with that surprise you have talked about?

Thanks a lot Guys!
    You should do a backup before installing the leak otherwise everything will be lost (contacts, downloaded apps that were not perinstalled when you had your device like Facebook, Twitter, etc...) all the settings for notifications.
    So open BlackBerry link, backup all your data.

Download the leak from Kris's link then extract the .exe file to a folder on your PC
    Close BlackBerry Link and double click the executable file, a command window will open and the download should start in a minute.
    After it is done, you have to restore your data back using blackberry link.
    I recommend restoring each section separately to avoid your device handing therefore start by restoring settings, then Applications, and finally Media
    Lumute likes this.
    05-24-13 03:40 PM
    Update: Re-downloading didn't solve the problem (No big surprise there). The autoloader still just resets the phone over and over.
    Try without the battery in

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 03:40 PM
    Thanks for the response Kris. When you mention "install new OS" does that mean I can launch the autoloader when my phone is bricked, or would I need to reload through Link and THEN use the autoloader?
    Should be able to run autoloader straight after soft brick

Posted via CB10
    Vector-SS likes this.
    05-24-13 03:41 PM
    Kris -
    What's your thought on doing a battery pull after the update? Have you ever done a batter pull and if so, what type of situation would require the pull?

Thanks -
    Only time ever pulled the battery on this device was to do work with sim card and the numbers I need on device since I don't have my box anymore. You should never need to do a battery pull on BB10 unless for some strange reason holding down the power button for 10seconds doesn't do its reset

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73, J1124G and gritsinct like this.
    05-24-13 03:42 PM
    Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot to Kris and LBFE for these leaks and support. Sorry if for nor doing proper searches and research but one of you may be able to answer quickly. I have my Z10 since launch but have never installed a Leak mainly because I hate the fact that it makes me feel I'm going back to the old BlackBerry ways of having to reconfigure everything when installing a new OS , but these leaks are looking very good and I don't think the next official will come anytime soon, questions:

Thanks a lot Guys!
    As mentioned above follow those steps. I didn't include restoring step because I personally don't do restores and to be completely honest it is a common sense step that if you back up a device it's usually to restore.

PS. That statement isn't ment to be rude just my honest thoughts

Posted via CB10
    Ecm and Lumute like this.
    05-24-13 03:45 PM
    My restore hangs at 1% since 15 minutes.
    Any ideas?
    I had same problem. Instead of a full restore, restore it in parts. Media. Apps. Settings. that did the trick for me. G.L.
    05-24-13 03:51 PM
    Just loaded on my Q10 running pretty nice so far, will report back over the weekend.
    What's up with the slacker and bing they came out of no where.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 04:09 PM
    Just loaded on my Q10 running pretty nice so far, will report back over the weekend.
    What's up with the slacker and bing they came out of no where.

Posted via CB10
    That's Verizon bloatware can be deleted and nothing will be affected

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 04:13 PM
    Just installed the leak and it seem that bb world doesn't work when wifi is enabled. App starts but nothing loads. No pictures and cannot download an app like GOF2.

Thanks...
    05-24-13 04:14 PM
    It's weird that there is such a big jump in the Webkit engine, but that the browser is still an old one.
    05-24-13 04:15 PM
    I don't have the issue reported with BBWorld. Works like it always has and super over WiFi.

Also - I am doing this on a -3 Z10 (unlocked, but on the Rogers network). I originally did it without the SIM in as I had transferred the SIM temporarily back to my 9810 while my Z10 was out of commission getting a lobotomy.

All in all the 2009 release is the best one so far. Thanks very much to LBFE & Kris
    LazyEvul likes this.
    05-24-13 04:18 PM
    CAN SOME ONE PLEASE DIRECT ME TO AN AUTOLOADER.exe FILE THAT LOADS THE 10.1.0.XXXX.RAR FILE ON MY Z10?????

I am not a newbie and have done numerous leaked OS's on my other devices over past 4 years, but can NOT find out how to accurately install one of these puppys on my Z10 (STL100-4)!

This is REALLY frustrating to get info about this. All the posts say " Use the Autoloader....blah blah blah"
    05-24-13 04:18 PM
    For the first time since installing leaks, the autoloader isn't working on my Z10 (100-3). It just keeps resetting the phone over and over again.

Well, it's not the first time. It happened once before, but restarting the autoloader fixed it. This time I've restarted the computer and the autoloader several times but the result is still just a phone reset loop.

There were no problems downloading the file, but maybe it was corrupted? I don't know what else to think.
    The last time this happened to me was because I was trying to install the leak via a Virtual Machine set up -- are you by any chance working in a virtual environment?
    05-24-13 04:19 PM
    @blenheimpalace - are you saying that you can't open the RAR file to get the .EXE autoloader out of it to use?
    05-24-13 04:22 PM
    Just installed the leak and it seem that bb world doesn't work when wifi is enabled. App starts but nothing loads. No pictures and cannot download an app like GOF2.

Thanks...
    My bad, limited wifi connection. Sorry.
    05-24-13 04:23 PM
    CAN SOME ONE PLEASE DIRECT ME TO AN AUTOLOADER.exe FILE THAT LOADS THE 10.1.0.XXXX.RAR FILE ON MY Z10?????

I am not a newbie and have done numerous leaked OS's on my other devices over past 4 years, but can NOT find out how to accurately install one of these puppys on my Z10 (STL100-4)!

This is REALLY frustrating to get info about this. All the posts say " Use the Autoloader....blah blah blah"
    Lol. Extract the file first using winzip or winrar then use autoloader which is a .exe file to load the OS.
    05-24-13 04:24 PM
    Is your corporate on BES? If so that could be a IT issue if your company isn't using BES10.1
    We have a production BDS server (6.2 MR1) and a BES server (5.0.4). We have 5 users testing BDS, 3 Z10s and 2 Q10s. We are all on 10.1 and one Z10 has the 1880 leak running. We haven't had any major issues so far. I've noticed some minor things here and there which I assume are being addressed in newer updates. Nobody has mentioned email delays or locks.
    05-24-13 04:25 PM
517 ... 1011121314 ...