There are so many leaks and I am wondering what it takes to create an OTA upgrade instead of a full OS update. Reason I ask is that I can't restore from my last backup after I install the full OS from one of these leaks. I have found some of the Android apps cannot run. So I have one backup that I know I can restore from which goes part way and I have to go the rest of the way by reinstalling each app again. I'm the only one I know suffering from this, so I won't expect any answers to my problem. My question is... what would it take to produce a delta patch? Just like the upgrade offered by my carrier to .1720 a few weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 06:45 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry will just give that out, the command line tools for the autoloader were hidden enough.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:01 AM
    If your backups are important to you and there is no way you could restore them after installing a leaked OS, then I suggest you stick to Carrier OTA's for now. However, if the leak of the leak has access to the upgrade files in their .bar format, and is willing to post them publicly, then it's possible to upgrade using Sachibar without losing your data.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    05-27-13 07:31 AM
    There are so many leaks and I am wondering what it takes to create an OTA upgrade instead of a full OS update. Reason I ask is that I can't restore from my last backup after I install the full OS from one of these leaks. I have found some of the Android apps cannot run. So I have one backup that I know I can restore from which goes part way and I have to go the rest of the way by reinstalling each app again. I'm the only one I know suffering from this, so I won't expect any answers to my problem. My question is... what would it take to produce a delta patch? Just like the upgrade offered by my carrier to .1720 a few weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunetly the OTA updates are specially signed and held right now by carriers. There is no way unless someone is a cryptologist that we could crack that coding to add a custom delta patch into the OS leaks. That being said, as i've mentioned before BB10OS and BB as a whole are securely locked in place. This is not android where we can easily manipulate the OS code. The new BB10OS may be "open source" but it is in no way as "open" as Android OS is
    05-27-13 02:06 PM
    Yeah, I thought so. Sad. I'll have to watch the excitement on everyone else's face with every leak.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 03:53 PM
    Why don't you try the official os that is working for you then try a different pc and back it up there. Try everything on a different pc and see if that works for you. It worked for me. My laptop is more reliable than my desktop for these leaks.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 05:08 PM