After couple of years using BBAndroid and leaving the BB10 hardware packed up, you really forget about it.
    Agreed. Since I got my Keyone, I only use my bb10 as an alarm clock.
    11-21-18 06:54 PM
    I have a tablet with Android and my wife's phone is Android. I myself have had several Android Phones from 2.1 to 4.4 kitkat...in case I think I would prefer Sailfish Os...really man..I hate Android...I am planning to try Ios but it's very expensive for me...in alternative..someone told me that with Android 9 there will be a real revolution in this Os..so I will wait key3 with Android 9..in case...

Posted via CB10
    11-22-18 02:46 AM
    I have a tablet with Android and my wife's phone is Android. I myself have had several Android Phones from 2.1 to 4.4 kitkat...in case I think I would prefer Sailfish Os...really man..I hate Android...I am planning to try Ios but it's very expensive for me...in alternative..someone told me that with Android 9 there will be a real revolution in this Os..so I will wait key3 with Android 9..in case...

Posted via CB10
    I am in general not a fan of Android, but Android today is much much better than the times of 2.1 or 4.4 versions. I do use it sometimes in a Nokia 5 with Oreo, and works well, although I am still skeptical about security and privacy.

I am now using 60%of the time an IPhone SE and 30% bb10. ... still my favourite.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-18 03:53 AM
    Yeah...not to mention all the privacy issues and a googlecentric style of life that I loathe. Currently I still prefer bb10

Posted via CB10
    11-22-18 04:12 AM
    For those that don't like android or ios, there is still hope:

https://shop.puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

An open source phone, with focus on security and privacy. A very interesting work in progress phone, that's worth checking out.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-18 04:44 AM
    For those that don't like android or ios, there is still hope:

https://shop.puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

An open source phone, with focus on security and privacy. A very interesting work in progress phone, that's worth checking out.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully they do better than Sailfish.
    11-24-18 05:00 AM
    Hopefully they do better than Sailfish.
    I think this is totally different. Eventually, you will be able to install the linux distribution you prefer.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-18 05:41 AM
    Just out of curiosity, but can you post the website in which you can find out the last releases that probably are going to come out?

Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    11-29-18 09:10 AM
    Just out of curiosity, but can you post the website in which you can find out the last releases that probably are going to come out?

There is none.
    mainely_linux likes this.
    11-29-18 09:15 AM
    OS 10.3.3.3294 - SW 10.3.3.2189
    But this release..where does it come from?

11-29-18 01:11 PM

It isn't a release.
    11-29-18 01:21 PM

There is none.

It isn't a release.
    I guess we need to explain how this thread works to @endiad77 .

BlackBerry has an internal server where builds are listed for internal testing. We can see when a new build is there, but we don't have access to the actual files. We have tools like Sachesi and Darcy's BlackBerry Tools that search those servers. Some here have ways to automatically scan for new builds, and when one shows up, they will post here for us to see.

Many builds show up on the beta servers. Occasionally, a build will show up on the production servers. When a build is released, then we all can download the files, but only when the server administrator allows it. You will see a new thread with direct links to those files.

For the past two years, several builds were on the production servers, but never actually released, so just being on that server doesn't mean anything anymore.

That's what this thread is for. A new build pops up on any of the servers, and news of it is posted here. Nothing to do with an actual released OS. These days, it's just to let us know that someone is still working on BB10. But, it's so rare now that it's turned into a memorial thread.
    11-29-18 03:20 PM
    I guess we need to explain how this thread works to @endiad77 .

BlackBerry has an internal server where builds are listed for internal testing. We can see when a new build is there, but we don't have access to the actual files. We have tools like Sachesi and Darcy's BlackBerry Tools that search those servers. Some here have ways to automatically scan for new builds, and when one shows up, they will post here for us to see.

Many builds show up on the beta servers. Occasionally, a build will show up on the production servers. When a build is released, then we all can download the files, but only when the server administrator allows it. You will see a new thread with direct links to those files.

For the past two years, several builds were on the production servers, but never actually released, so just being on that server doesn't mean anything anymore.

That's what this thread is for. A new build pops up on any of the servers, and news of it is posted here. Nothing to do with an actual released OS. These days, it's just to let us know that someone is still working on BB10. But, it's so rare now that it's turned into a memorial thread.
    Just reading this made me sad.
    I'm aware that You probably all know the feeling, I just wanted to share... perhaps if I talk about it it will get better or something.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-18 05:17 PM
    Thanks! The thread has wandered a bit, and I couldn't have nudged it back on topic better.

perhaps if I talk about it it will get better or something.
    We're here for the love of BB10, whenever you need it.
    11-29-18 08:08 PM
    What a damn bummer? !!!

Didn't Chen start a rumor 2 years ago that 10.4 would be released?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-18 11:30 PM
    What a damn bummer? !!!

Posted via CB10
    10.3.4. No such thing as 10.4.
    And it's kinda moot at this point in time.
    12-06-18 11:33 PM
    What a damn bummer? !!!

Posted via CB10
    The fact that Chen said so, it means it is not going to happen!!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-18 01:41 AM
    Hey mods!!! Can you delete all these OT posts, including this one?
    12-07-18 11:28 AM
4,618 ... 183184185