Sorry, why do you know it will hold no significance?
    BlackBerry stated clearly that 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 would be maintenance and security enhancements only. It would be nice, for one more version to come out, and provide a more bug free experience to those who remain. Realistically, other than as an act of kindness, it makes no sense for them to sink one more dime into it. I don't know if anyone is still writing BB10 code, or if even should there be, that anything written will see the light of day. Keep your hopes high, and your expectations extremely low.

I'd love to thank each and every one of you personally, but I know I'd still forget a few. I popped out a few names already. They are no greater or lesser than anyone else. Some posted here, some posted elsewhere. So many hands helping carry the OS through this epic journey.

Winding back to my first paragraph, to the thousands of developers who made BB10, and have since moved on, mostly not by choice. Thank you all, may you all be gainfully employeed, well compensated, and appreciated for the talents you possess.
    chern and zephyr613 like this.
    05-04-17 03:41 PM
    10.4 is coming! You'll see!
    Shadup uzzzz, and send me back my mug!
    TGIS likes this.
    05-04-17 03:43 PM
    I don"t really care about 10.4 or even some update that will come or not,BB 10.3.3.2205 still on my Q10 and Z10 and will be alive till this two phones are alive.He-He and I don"t plan to switch them in the future.(at least next couple years) and then we will see,may be some thing new will come?, even mr. Chen doesn"t know it for sure. Ppl still discus Bold 9900 on gsm arena and some of them really ,don"t give a sh..t on the rest.
    05-04-17 04:27 PM
    may be some thing new will come?, even mr. Chen doesn"t know it for sure.
    We're here to help. The first step is to acknowledge your problem.
    BigBadWulf and TGIS like this.
    05-04-17 06:41 PM
    Shadup uzzzz, and send me back my mug!
    Never!! Going back to a regular mug would be like downgrading from a Ferrari to a Pinto!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-04-17 08:30 PM
    Honestly BB10 is far much better but many customers did not know this. I do not know why? May be BlackBerry need to sell bb10 to chinese phone makers. We will see updates.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 03:33 PM
    Hi Conite,You are right"The first step is to acknowledge your problem",my problem not to share my photo with icloud,google drive,one drive,don"t want to see massage"turn on location" to use app properly,or give excess to my contacts,update apps if you don"t need it,any thing on my phone and BB10 gives me that option(privacy) not to share.I have nothing to hide,but I don"t want to share.All OSs use marketing and tracking net usage to sell info,but BB still in the end on this list,that is why FB,Whatsup and sh----t like that don"t like BB phones,less profit and I don"t buy excuse-no one use BB phones,that is why they don"t support BB 10,no.
    So every one get what works better for him and not bcs BB just dead OS.
    05-05-17 09:31 PM
    Hi Conite,You are right"The first step is to acknowledge your problem",my problem not to share my photo with icloud,google drive,one drive,don"t want to see massage"turn on location" to use app properly,or give excess to my contacts,update apps if you don"t need it,any thing on my phone and BB10 gives me that option(privacy) not to share.I have nothing to hide,but I don"t want to share.All OSs use marketing and tracking net usage to sell info,but BB still in the end on this list,that is why FB,Whatsup and sh----t like that don"t like BB phones,less profit and I don"t buy excuse-no one use BB phones,that is why they don"t support BB 10,no.
    So every one get what works better for him and not bcs BB just dead OS.
    That's all nice, but I was referring to having to deal with the fact that BB10 is gone forever.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-05-17 09:53 PM
    Like BB7 ,BB10 phones still usable and will make some of us happy (not talking about apps) that"s never been strong side of BB phones,now even worse,I don"t care.
    Android bury every year or two OS and it"s OK (mean ice shops and sandwiches),cheep phones never see any update.
    05-05-17 10:05 PM
    Like BB7 ,BB10 phones still usable and will make some of us happy (not talking about apps) that"s never been strong side of BB phones,now even worse,I don"t care.
    Android bury every year or two OS and it"s OK (mean ice shops and sandwiches),cheep phones never see any update.
    Can we simply celebrate and commemorate, without all the hate? This isn't about other OS.
    05-05-17 10:12 PM
    That's all nice, but I was referring to having to deal with the fact that BB10 is gone forever.
    Yeah it's definitely over hey? I was holding out for one more leak just so I could run an autoloader and start fresh to hopefully last with my Passport for the summer. But it's over. All day I've had my finger on the button to order either a OnePlus 3T or an HTC 10. It's really nice to have so many options when you leave BB10 behind.

DTEK60 is also an attractive option. Are you sticking with that or going to the K1?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 10:15 PM
    Have no hate for any OS,just saying,I like BB 10 and "m not going to miss it,still use it and many of us.Cheers.
    05-05-17 10:16 PM
    Yeah it's definitely over hey? I was holding out for one more leak just so I could run an autoloader and start fresh to hopefully last with my Passport for the summer. But it's over. All day I've had my finger on the button to order either a OnePlus 3T or an HTC 10. It's really nice to have so many options when you leave BB10 behind.

DTEK60 is also an attractive option. Are you sticking with that or going to the K1?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not a pkb guy anymore, so I'll stick with the DTEK60 for now. I'm looking forward to what else TCL might have up its sleeve later this year.
    05-05-17 10:24 PM
    I'm not a pkb guy anymore, so I'll stick with the DTEK60 for now. I'm looking forward to what else TCL might have up its sleeve later this year.
    I was doing some totally un-biased phone finder searching on GSM Arena. I was looking for something with over 500 ppi pixel density, stereo speakers, fingerprint sensor and 4GB of RAM. BlackBerry DTEK60 was one of the only 8 results that met the criteria. I was pretty impressed. It's a shame more people don't know about it and especially with its price point.

Posted via CB10
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    05-05-17 10:30 PM
    Gone where? BlackBerry 10 may never receive another update but there is no need for histrionics.

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2876.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 04:39 PM
    Gone where? BlackBerry 10 may never receive another update but there is no need for histrionics.

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2876.

Posted via CB10
    This is the BB10 memorial thread now. No need to mince words here.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-06-17 04:42 PM
    And this thread is gradually turning into a BB10 whining
    05-06-17 04:46 PM
    Not gonna happen
    05-06-17 04:53 PM
    Wulf won't allow that.

This thread is now about memorializing the end of spotting new builds.

Joel
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-06-17 04:54 PM
    Not gonna happen
    See?

Joel
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-06-17 04:55 PM
    This is the BB10 memorial thread now. No need to mince words here.
    The latest spotted memorial thread rather than BlackBerry 10 memorial thread, the OS isn't going anywhere for a while (BlackBerry World going offline or BlackBerry services being shutdown would probably signal the end for my BlackBerry 10 journey).

BlackBerry 10 doesn't meet your needs because of the lack of 'important' apps, I'm fortunate to not have such requirements that would force me to invest further. I expect the hardware to fail to satisfy requirements before the OS.

Being OTT may confuse less frequent visitors.

It's difficult to believe development would restart for a 10.3.4 version 6-12 months down the line unless a security flaw is uncovered that would impact a high profile client (assuming there are any left).

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-06-17 05:06 PM
    Many thanks to all who have contributed to this thread since the inception of BB10, especially Thurask, Conite, mainely_linux, and others for your vigilance and helpfulness, and also to people like xsacha, Darcy, and Cobalt who provided the tools to help folks like me get the most out of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 05:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Go for the 3T, it's a better buy all in all. Faster software and fingerprint scanner wise, better battery life, and the screen quality is better IMO.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 09:05 PM
    Just like the Avro Arrow, another Canadian invention is sentenced to death.
    herbersh and BigBadWulf like this.
    05-09-17 10:07 PM
    Just like the Avro Arrow, another Canadian invention is sentenced to death.
    An untested, rushed program that was obsoleted before it left the ground?

Hmm, you might be on to something.
    TGIS likes this.
    05-09-17 11:04 PM
4,526 ... 169170171172173 ...