1925 ROCKS!! And Snap makes it so easy! WiFi Analyzer from Google store finally works. Ubeauty! At last, I'm satisfied my Z10 is as good as anything out there. For so long I've stayed with RIM/BB waiting .... waiting .... waiting. I think Z10 is finally living up to my expectations.

I've always thought that with the BB10, we have had the best enterprise device. But, I've always wanted something more. I don't care for all the social things that others have wanted. I've wanted serious tools. It seems 1925 allows me to run some of the apps I've been envying from this side of the divide. I'm off to try more ...

I can live with the few 1925 annoyances. Thank you Lengend! And thank you JamesPaulMuir for Snap.
    Arun Nambiar and moody like this.
    01-15-14 06:55 AM
    1925 ROCKS!! And Snap makes it so easy! WiFi Analyzer from Google store finally works. Ubeauty! At last, I'm satisfied my Z10 is as good as anything out there. For so long I've stayed with RIM/BB waiting .... waiting .... waiting. I think Z10 is finally living up to my expectations.

I've always thought that with the BB10, we have had the best enterprise device. But, I've always wanted something more. I don't care for all the social things that others have wanted. I've wanted serious tools. It seems 1925 allows me to run some of the apps I've been envying from this side of the divide. I'm off to try more ...

I can live with the few 1925 annoyances. Thank you Lengend! And thank you JamesPaulMuir for Snap.
    which 1925 annoyances are you talking about?
    01-15-14 07:25 AM
    Great to hear this.

Try the Z30 sometime....that added battery punch just makes a world of difference.
    01-15-14 07:25 AM
    Sorry. But for battery concerns; you can't beat a Z10. Removable batteries are key. And OEM replacements are $10 a piece delivered. Plus Z10 has a much nicer screen. Though, I do long for Miracast.
    01-15-14 08:30 AM
    which 1925 annoyances are you talking about?
    So far, (1) reduced battery life and (2) Google Play Service.
    01-15-14 08:32 AM
    So far, (1) reduced battery life and (2) Google Play Service.
    Give it a week for battery to get better. No kidding.
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-29-14 at 10:17 PM.
    01-15-14 08:43 AM
    Great to hear this.

Try the Z30 sometime....that added battery punch just makes a world of difference.
    I have had both the Z10 and 30 and I have to agree. The "30" is like driving a Porsche instead of a Dodge. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Z10 but this experience is mind-blowing.

STA-100-3 v10.2.1.1925-r1926
    vaioman likes this.
    01-15-14 09:03 AM
    Do a battery pull after 2 days. I'm getting amazing battery life out of my Z10. And... can't wait to get my hands on a Z30 - the reviews of users is just like smoking crack
    ahmedateeq likes this.
    01-15-14 09:10 AM
    Do a battery pull after 2 days. I'm getting amazing battery life out of my Z10. And... can't wait to get my hands on a Z30 - the reviews of users is just like smoking crack
    Done 5 days of experimenting all the posted suggestions... including draining flat and leaving the battery out for 8 hours, and none of them worked for me. If there is a change, it's minuscule. I'm still happy because 10.2.1 has been such a rich experience. I use Nobex early in the morning as I commute to work and in one hour it is down to 50%. I still notice if I'm browsing, the phone runs hot. Maybe BB is spying on my activity. (Maybe BlackBerry is Big Brother )
    01-21-14 05:42 PM
    Does nobex stream data during commute?
    I noticed that my z10 discharges more rapidly when I'm downloading contents over cellular networks compared to wifi.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 06:00 PM
    It's true, battery life improves after a week with the right radio file. It's amazing on the Z30

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 06:03 PM
    Does nobex stream data during commute?
    I noticed that my z10 discharges more rapidly when I'm downloading contents over cellular networks compared to wifi.

Posted via CB10
    Yes ... Nobex streams data over cell network but it warns you before allowing it. The data volume is small for the hour-long commute and it's only a problem when I go into the tunnel. Yes, I know it does take more juice ... but it wasn't a huge issue before 10.2.1, but it is probably a bigger issue now.

With the new found joy of having with APKs, I was putting Google Maps through it's paces and I also notice that during the 30 mins of driving with Google Maps, the unit's battery drained faster.

So my conclusion is that ...
    1. Before 10.2.1 ... my battery life has degraded since I got mine 10 months ago... and I was getting about 8 hrs with my usage pattern
    2. Immediately after 10.2.1 ... my battery life was down to about 5.5 hrs (notionally)
    3. After a few draw downs and battery pulls ... my battery lives about 7+ hrs (notionally) with my usage pattern.

So, I'm agreeing that the battery life does improve after a few battery pulls, but it's not stellar as some others are experiencing. And the phone runs noticeably hotter than before. But then I now have access to some apps that I wasn't able to use before... so I'm having more fun ... that may account for the slightly less battery life
    01-21-14 06:37 PM