STL100-4 z10

Have upgraded to .1483 .2009 and now .2342

Been through two devices with this same issue and it occurs in all OS leaks

Whenever I go into contacts and try to scroll through using the letter shortcuts on the far right, there is immense lag. I have to really pick a letter and then about 1 second later the contacts under that letter will appear. If I'm on the letter menu on the far right scrolling up and down rapidly, there is no change to what contacts are displayed.

This has happened since day 1 with the phone and I was hoping that maybe one of the OS builds would fix it. This has not been the case. I'm assuming its an issue with the backup information that contains my contacts (they're not in Google or exchange or anywhere else).

If the back up file I used for my contacts is somehow corrupted, is there any other way to get a pre-z10 back-up on this phone without creating the same issue?

Is there an efficient way to export contacts into another program so I can try to reload the contacts and remove any potential bug?

Any suggestions would be welcome

Thank you.
    06-04-13 12:18 AM
    One more separate issue...since loading .2342, my backup files are creating duplicate conversions in SMS. The conversations always gain the same participation with an addition of +1 in front of their number.

So if I have a chat with contact "X" who's number is 555-5555, I backup the phone, security wipe, and restore from the backup file then the conversation will now appear as an MMS with 555-5555 (not contact "X"s name) and +1555-5555.

Any thoughts?

Is there a way to remove a participant from a chat?
    06-04-13 12:24 AM
    If the back up file I used for my contacts is somehow corrupted, is there any other way to get a pre-z10 back-up on this phone without creating the same issue?
    Welcome to CrackBerry Forums!

You can try performing a Full Backup in BlackBerry Link (just in case the next step doesn't work or makes things worse) and then use BlackBerry Link to restore only the Contacts database from your legacy backup to your BlackBerry 10 device.

If you need step-by-step instructions, you can use instructions here but instead of "Bookmarks," choose "Address Book" where "Bookmarks" is referenced:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ks-z10-811127/
    06-04-13 12:26 AM
    Anyway to search on device or in the .bbb file for new contacts? The pre-z10 file I have is now several months outdated.
    06-04-13 12:39 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Forums!

... then use BlackBerry Link to restore only the Contacts database from your legacy backup to your BlackBerry 10 device.
    Thank you. Been using since the 8830 days and have always come to Crackberry for support.

I have tried what you suggested and it does not seem to be working. The legacy address book information is not replacing the current data on the device.
    06-04-13 01:15 AM
    I have tried what you suggested and it does not seem to be working. The legacy address book information is not replacing the current data on the device.
    As of the current versions of BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry Link, performing in and out syncing / transfers for Contacts stored locally on a BlackBerry 10 device is not supported other than Backup, Restore and one-way transfer from a PIM program to a BlackBerry 10 device.

It may be easier to try to resolve your issue by (and you should get better experience with) using a cloud service repository. Would you be willing to migrate your contacts to a cloud service and then syncing them to your BlackBerry 10 device?

The general process I'd suggest would go like this:
    1. Migrate the (older) contacts from the 8330 to Google Contacts or Microsoft Outlook.com (sync the contacts using DM to Outlook then export and import into either of those)
    2. Update the contacts in Google Contacts or on Outlook.com by comparing with your BlackBerry 10 device (manually)
    3. Backup your BlackBerry 10 device
    4. Delete all local contacts from your BlackBerry 10 device and restart it
    5. Sync contacts from your chosen cloud service by adding the appropriate account on your BlackBerry 10 device

If there's any corrupted information, going through this process should eliminate it. By doing this, you will be able to load and remove just your contacts by adding or removing contact sync for the cloud service you're using.
    06-04-13 01:29 AM
    I have found that when I have a TXT chat stream that was going before I made a backup, OS upgrade, restore then that stream is at risk of becoming corrupted, I will then see the dreaded +1 issue and they, the recipient of my future TXT, will receive two TXT messages when I reply (one SMS and one MMS I think).

To resolve this issue I delete that whole stream and it seems to be fixed from that moment on. Of course I do lose the old information in the stream.

BTW, I use intouchapp to keep a backup of my contacts in case I need to wipe my device and not recover from the backup. I have approx. ~850 contacts in my phone and it would really be bad to loose them all.

Hope you get it resolved.
    06-04-13 07:27 AM
    checked the phone this morning after a few battery pulls, the legacy data replaced my contacts but the lag issue remains.

The +1 participants on sms messages has corrected itself.
    06-04-13 09:52 AM
    checked the phone this morning after a few battery pulls, the legacy data replaced my contacts but the lag issue remains.

The +1 participants on sms messages has corrected itself.
    You do *not* need to perform battery pulls as there's a supported proper restart method now. My walkthrough for loading legacy data did advise a restart.
    06-04-13 10:11 AM
    You are correct regarding the battery pull. Old habit I suppose.
    I back up my contacts from the old blackberry to outlook via a Gmail account. Deleted all the contacts on the z10, deleted the Gmail account. restarted the phone then added the Gmail account. Problem still exists.
    06-04-13 01:06 PM
    TTT.

Did a full wipe on the phone and only added the email with all my contacts. The scrolling in contacts is extremely laggy still.

I have only 536 contacts and only 1 GB of internal memory used.
    06-05-13 10:02 AM