Hey everyone,

I'm a month into my Z3 on 10.2.1.2977 and was itching for the 10.3 upgrade. So I went ahead and did it tonight.

Here are a few notes and observations in no particular order:

1. Fast, Fast, Fast - its noticeably faster. Apps open faster, screen transitions are faster. Overall navigation is faster.

2. The install is pretty straight forward (I used the autoloader) with a few caveats..Even though I did a backup to Link before I started the recovery didn't sync all of my music and photos automatically. I have to manually transfer them to the phone via link. I also lost some screen shots that were there before but not there on the backup. Follow the instructions found in the forums and you'll be fine. Straightforward.

3. Some apps are not there or are left uninstalled even after the recovery from back up. Tune In Radio was shown in my available apps but wasn't reinstalled. I might be missing a couple others. Will check.

4. Snap disappeared and the Amazon Store preloaded app doesn't launch. Will look into that. Kinda a big deal although it can be fixed.

5. After 10.3 is installed you are signed out of all of you accounts and will need to spend an hour re-signing in and syncing everything.

6. The new look is awesome. Much more clean and stylish. A much more design-centered look. Color is used sparingly, but appropriately throughout. Not the old black, grey, and white.

7. Feature-rich. You can tell that they spent time on small, but necessary improvements to just about every feature and gesture. Things just work better and make more sense.

8. Haven't tried the Assistant yet. Soon.

I would recommend the upgrade to anyone on the fence. Good luck!

via CB10 from my awesome BlackBerry Z3
    09-28-14 09:14 AM
    That's pretty cool. Just one question, do you know it's not official software?

pin:2B7CAF06
    nwansukka likes this.
    09-28-14 09:15 AM
    Jeff, was it is the 1154 version you installed?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:22 AM
    That's pretty cool. Just one question, do you know it's not official software?

Yeah, it's the Passport 10.3 release.

The offical10.3.1 will come out in a month or two for the other devices. I'm OK with that. I like living on the edge.

09-28-14 09:25 AM
    Jeff, was it is the 1154 version you installed?

Posted via CB10

It was the latest I found. Do you know if 1154 has enough new stuff to warrant another upgrade?

Just Installed 10.3 - Short Review-img_20140928_212650.png

09-28-14 09:27 AM
    I downloaded the update through Mega and am not sure how to actually load to my Z10. Does anyone who has it uploaded to their phone already have link to a walk through?

Posted via CB Z30
    09-28-14 09:28 AM
    1052... It was the latest I found. Do you know if 1154 has enough new stuff to warrant another upgrade?
    Nope. Don't know. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    09-28-14 09:37 AM
    I downloaded the update through Mega and am not sure how to actually load to my Z10. Does anyone who has it uploaded to their phone already have link to a walk through?

Posted via CB Z30
    Hey there,
    I also downloaded 10.3 today and its great so far
    I used this method: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...update-957892/
    And it worked great ( watch the video it`s well made) The positive thing about this method is that you DONT have to transfer all your data back on your phone since you are doing an update on your running phone, like you usually would. Of course I would still recommend that you do a Backup before you try this, but I didn`t even need it. Everything (Apps, Contacts, Music, ...) was all right there on my device after I finished the Upgrade.
    I don`t know the advantages of other Upgrading Methods (since Im a newbie), but this is the prefect solution for me. easy and working
    Hope this helps
    09-28-14 09:39 AM
    Yeah, it's the Passport 10.3 release.

The offical10.3.1 will come out in a month or two for the other devices. I'm OK with that. I like living on the edge.

It doesn't matter if the passport ships with it. It's not official for you. If you had waited for your carriers release (or just not used an autoloader), points 2, 3, 4, 5 would not exist.

Just saying, I also love leaks.

jefbeard911 likes this.
    09-28-14 09:48 AM
    It doesn't matter if the passport ships with it. It's not official for you. If you had waited for your carriers release (or just not used an autoloader), points 2, 3, 4, 5 would not exist.

According to my experience you dont have those problems either when using the method I mentioned above
    This method is what I meant ^^: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...update-957892/
    At least i did not have any issues ^^
    Indeed leaks are great

And sorry I kind of didn`t notice the "or just not used an autoloader" part. Sorry about that, that`s of course what I wanted to say with this post. But you were already right.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    09-28-14 09:49 AM

Understood.

Those weren't complaints, just observations. No worries mate.

FrankIAm likes this.
    09-28-14 09:52 AM