05-03-14 01:11 PM
76 1234
tools
    I don't "think it's my job" any more than you think it's your job to respond to my posts.

I thought my OP was pretty clear, but just in case it wasn't it's called user education about proper terminology. Again there is nothing wrong with properly educating people on the correct terminology, especially when you see it being so misused.

Why is it important? A lot of people hear "leak" and get scared when they shouldn't need to, because the software in question isn't a leak. Officially released OSs are safe to deploy compared to potentially volatile leaks. How is a new person supposed to tell the difference when everyone misuses the labels?
    Well if your trying to educate us I see that as a job,
    And post are put in here to respond to or you would be talking to yourself, and the comment above I think you are still arguing over a very stupid point of view,

And it's not the least bit important what you call them, whether it's a official leak or a leak who cares , if they don't want to load they don't have to.

Posted on CB10
    MB64 and moody like this.
    05-03-14 11:18 AM
    What hotfix is trying to say is that when someone is having problems (say with 10.2.1.537) we tell them to load the latest leak 2273 or 2947. Force of habit. They get all scared and say "I'll wait for my carrier to release it OTA. All hotfix is saying is people have to realize these are official OSes. Some people are afraid of the word "leak". Not me! Bring em on!

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    it was leak before the carrier release it become official

bring em on!!

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 and moody like this.
    05-03-14 11:18 AM
    What hotfix is trying to say is that when someone is having problems (say with 10.2.1.537) we tell them to load the latest leak 2273 or 2947. Force of habit. They get all scared and say "I'll wait for my carrier to release it OTA. All hotfix is saying is people have to realize these are official OSes. Some people are afraid of the word "leak". Not me! Bring em on!

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    Don't come on here and try to educate , all this stuff was said above, and if he wants to teach , teach him to understand what we all said above.

Posted on CB10
    moody, Norg, jimpilot and 1 others like this.
    05-03-14 11:20 AM
    OK I consider myself educated.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037, Uzi, MB64 and 2 others like this.
    05-03-14 11:26 AM
    OK I consider myself educated.

Posted via CB10
    I feel more dumb

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 11:32 AM
    NIce...while waiting for the leaks, SDK, official, whatever.....

So no agreement yet what's the difference between a "non" officially released by the manufacturer and the not officially OS released by carrier? - just asking

About whether it is a leak or not I think we all will be one happy camper when getting any new OS in our hands.

So please anybody who has new OS in their hands to share it quickly before more people gets hot like now

-Peace
    05-03-14 11:34 AM
    Have you ever accept one single comment that posted regarding ur earlier comment? Just wondering
    ..u seems never accept people's comment

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cloudberry; 05-03-14 at 11:58 AM.
    anon721037 likes this.
    05-03-14 11:39 AM
    NIce...while waiting for the leaks, SDK, official, whatever.....

So no agreement yet what's the difference between a "non" officially released by the manufacturer and the not officially OS released by carrier? - just asking

About whether it is a leak or not I think we all will be one happy camper when getting any new OS in our hands.

So please anybody who has new OS in their hands to share it quickly before more people gets hot like now

-Peace
    I can't agree more...

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    anon721037 and clie610 like this.
    05-03-14 11:39 AM
    so what the name of os,if ur phone using other carrier os not your own carrier os? but the os has released to other carriers

Posted via CB10
    I'm wondering the same thing. If I find one out there and post it, I'd just call it "*OS version* for *all/some* devices" to sidestep the question.
    05-03-14 11:41 AM
    Have you ever except one single comment that posted regarding ur earlier comment? Just wondering
    ..u seems never except people's comment

I think we are all a little guilty of this one

Posted on CB10
    05-03-14 11:41 AM
    drip drip drip, (runs for wrench)
    05-03-14 11:42 AM
    I realize this is a pet peeve of mine, but the term "leak" refers to something being released to the wild that was never intended to be released. Think press leaks, think wiki-leaks, think the one early 10.3 build that the community got their hands on that BlackBerry had never intended for us to get.

People are throwing this term around about any OS they can get their hands on which is incorrect. A "leak" is NOT an officially released and distributed from the manufacturer version of something. That is a "release", not a "leak". Think the AT&T build that was just released, think the 10.2.1.2947 build for the Z3 that was released (albeit very early). If you can use Sachesi to find it on the BlackBerry servers and download it, then it has been "released" for some carrier/device combination.

So can we please stop calling the OS versions "leaks" that you can easily find and download on BlackBerry servers?

Again I realize this is a pet peeve of mine, but as someone who has being coding in one form or another for 20+ years this really annoys me.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    *Shugs* I see your point, I do remember the term beta OS being bounced around with the OS for my Legacy devices. Unfortunately, even the OSes that were past onto others(and myself for a few devices) to post online or via PM(my preference), the term leaked just mean it was available for download as a "leaked beta OS". While, technically, the argument will be there similar to "taste great vs. less filling for Miller Lite Beer. Personally, I look at it as a happy day when the OS is "available" whether leaked or whatever term one wants to call it. The official OS have always taken longer for release by the carriers. There were numerous beta/leaked OS that have been leaked made available that became an official OS going back to the Legacy models. I (and others) used numerous leaked OS that were not leaked to the public(ie..CrackBerry or the other 5 forums I was on) and created my own personal hybrids. Yes, they were discussed on the forums, but, were said to be full of bugs, so, not made available/leaked to everyone. Most of those contacts have moved on, but, there are still a few that remember what I'm talking about 5-6 years ago. IMO, the day that I have to wait on "Old Blue"(at&t) for an official OS for all my BlackBerries, then, I start looking at what else is available. Based on Chens' comments those days are already here. Again, I understand your post, but, I'm more concerned about comments(my pet peeve) from some "demanding" instead of asking for help, providing limited information.....then talking ish to those trying to help them when asked for additional information about the problem. Anyway, I've said it before, call it (an OS) a "Pickle on a Stick".....as long as it is available.
    Uzi, anon721037 and moody like this.
    05-03-14 11:42 AM
    Can anyone post a leak already? so that we can all move on from this mentally challenging thread?
    05-03-14 11:50 AM
    I think we are all a little guilty of this one

Posted on CB10
    When I read again...I have to agree with u. We need "leak" so bad we end up talking about "un-important" things

anon721037 and Blacklatino like this.
    05-03-14 11:52 AM
    When I read again...I have to agree with u. We need "leak" so bad we end up talking about "un-important" things

You mean like the 64 posts already for this thread???

Posted via CB10 with z10
    anon721037 likes this.
    05-03-14 12:01 PM
    I believe it's only a matter of term and point of view

From the developer perspective, true, anything that comes out from the developer, it can't be classified as leak

But from end user's perspective, if it's not officially released by the BlackBerry, then it's a leak

But what happened when the OS only got partial carrier approved? Let's say, carrier A approves the OS 10.3.0.140, but carrier B are not

Does it counts as leak on carrier B, but not on A? Even though BBRY already officially release it through carrier A

It's your call to call it a leak or release :-)

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    05-03-14 12:09 PM
    You mean like the 64 posts already for this thread???

Posted via CB10 with z10
    65 with yours and 66 with mine now

edited: turns out 67 now
    MB64, anon721037 and moody like this.
    05-03-14 12:11 PM
    65 with yours and 66 with mine now

edited: turns out 67 now
    I can't see post count using cb 10 app *cant-watch *rotfl*

Posted via CB10
    MB64, anon721037 and moody like this.
    05-03-14 12:13 PM
    I can't see post count using cb 10 app *cant-watch *rotfl*

Posted via CB10
    Your 68 usman and that makes me 69. Good number to be if I must say.

Posted on CB10
    MB64, clie610, Uzi and 2 others like this.
    05-03-14 12:19 PM

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-03-14 12:20 PM
    It's not a "Leak" if it's officially released by the manufacturer...-no_leaks.jpg.cf.jpg
    It's not a "Leak" if it's officially released by the manufacturer...-no-more-os-leaks-.jpg

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Blacklatino, anon721037 and moody like this.
    05-03-14 12:25 PM
    OMG...so this is what "no leaks" policy does to people. End up discussing really deep matters like "should it be called a leak, should it not?" We definitely need a leak ASAP!
    anon721037, MB64 and eldricho like this.
    05-03-14 12:43 PM
    All this talk about leaks and now I gotta take one! I'm in the car and no bathroom in sight! Thanks a lot CB -_-

Sent from my Death Note
    MB64 likes this.
    05-03-14 12:57 PM
    All this talk about leaks and now I gotta take one! I'm in the car and no bathroom in sight! Thanks a lot CB -_-

Sent from my Death Note

It's not a "Leak" if it's officially released by the manufacturer...-th.jpg

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Beyond Fire likes this.
    05-03-14 01:05 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	267543

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Now that is just cruel!