Z10 any day

Edit:
    Thank you for all your comments. I really find them encouraging. But I feel I still need to do some more reading so I wouldn't have to bother you guys with silly questions that are already answered here in CB.

But in case I finally decide to install a leak, what version would you recommend and why? Thanks!
    Last edited by 2Peks1Bird; 09-15-13 at 11:28 PM.
    09-15-13 08:05 PM
    It is very unlikely to brick the phone. Even if it does, you can always just load the OS onto it.

If anything, you may have an issue restoring settings and what not back onto the phone but even that isn't very likely. Just be sure to follow the steps in the posts, and use the experiences of us others who have already gone thru the leak install process! Lots of great comments and helpful tips can be found in these threads, just takes a bit of reading and diligence prior to installing.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 08:09 PM
    Take a read through this page. It may help ease your mind. Frequently Asked Questions - BerryLeaks Wiki
    Also, within the leak threads themselves you'll find lots of people willing to help.
    09-15-13 09:42 PM
    Bricking your phone is highly unlikely if you follow all the steps. I was weary at first as well, but now I am so glad I did. The BL team does a good job of walking you through the process. Why not jump in the water and see if it swims? If not they show hoe to revert to past OS as well.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.2.0.1725 @addm | In Squircle We Trust
    09-15-13 09:44 PM
    just get it over with.
    09-15-13 09:51 PM
    09-15-13 09:55 PM
    This phone is not easy to brick.

The only real issues are you won't be able to restore any apps, or if it does restore, some ported apps will break the Android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 10:08 PM
    Putting on leaks is the greatest thing to do. You'll love it. Keeps your phone up to date and no need to wait for carrier updates.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll and David in Durham like this.
    09-15-13 10:14 PM
    what about my Best Buy warranty? I paid $600 for my Z.
    09-15-13 10:53 PM
    I thought about it too for a pretty long time but I eventually did it and never regreted it! It's awesome and (in my opinion) even pretty addictive! You should really go for it bud!
    09-15-13 11:02 PM
    It won't void warranty

Via CB10 on Fresh and New 10.2.0.1725 --Proud Member of The Squircle of Trust Group!
    09-15-13 11:17 PM
    It won't void warranty

Via CB10 on Fresh and New 10.2.0.1725 --Proud Member of The Squircle of Trust Group!
    It most certainly will void your warranty! Do not try to claim any warranty with a leak installed.

With that said getting your warranty back is as simple as hitting the reload software button on Link. This should be your last trouble shooting step before contacting warranty anyway as the issue could be caused by the leak itself.
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    09-15-13 11:32 PM
    It most certainly will void your warranty! Do not try to claim any warranty with a leak installed.

With that said getting your warranty back is as simple as hitting the reload software button on Link. This should be your last trouble shooting step before contacting warranty anyway as the issue could be caused by the leak itself.
    Toobs, that's what I meant. Playing around with your phone is okay as long as you revert back to official when calling for tech support. Forgot to add that important part. Thanks

toobs623 likes this.
    09-16-13 09:10 AM
    I just performed my first leak upgrade last night. Went from 10.1 to 10.2.1.200. Even did a restore from my backup I did earlier in the afternoon. Just want to mention all of my contacts and password keeper restored just fine.
    I even installed the unlimited Android runtime. So now I have Instagram back again (which isn't a big deal to me but it does work very smooth) as well as my Square register app I use to process credit cards in my business.
    The leak upgrade is a very easy and painless process. It took about 10-15 minutes. The restore took about 30 minutes.
    I am very pleased. Give it a try.

Mike

Posted via my Awesome Z10!!!
    Ecm likes this.
    09-16-13 09:48 AM
    I just performed my first leak upgrade last night. Went from 10.1 to 10.2.1.200. Even did a restore from my backup I did earlier in the afternoon. Just want to mention all of my contacts and password keeper restored just fine.
    I even installed the unlimited Android runtime. So now I have Instagram back again (which isn't a big deal to me but it does work very smooth) as well as my Square register app I use to process credit cards in my business.
    The leak upgrade is a very easy and painless process. It took about 10-15 minutes. The restore took about 30 minutes.
    I am very pleased. Give it a try.

Mike

Posted via my Awesome Z10!!!
    I'm glad to see that it went so smoothly for you. You must be one of the few people new to installing leaks that actually read the instructions! Kudos.
    miker476 and Hamilton Guy like this.
    09-16-13 10:15 AM

Z10 any day

Edit:
    Thank you for all your comments. I really find them encouraging. But I feel I still need to do some more reading so I wouldn't have to bother you guys with silly questions that are already answered here in CB.

But in case I finally decide to install a leak, what version would you recommend and why? Thanks!
    I have installed many leaks since I have been with BlackBerry. By and large everyone of them has gone smoothly with a few minor hiccups along the way. Nothing that wasn't easily fixed with a little help from my fellow CrackBerrians. That being said, I also tend to get a little anxious with every leak. I worry, I fret if a process seems to be taking longer than usual. I will pray, and even watch every minute to see if the phone will load, if it will reboot, etc. You get the idea. It is silly to feel that way and I am sure I am not the only one. But that is how attached we are to our BlackBerry device.

You will do well to use a leak. I am presently going to try to new 10.2.1.200 one that is out. Many have downloaded the 10.2.0.1725 and like it. Whatever one you decide to load, just follow the directions that the BerryLeaks team gives you. If you have any problems or issues, feel free to contact me here or PM me.

When I get home tonite I will be updating the OS. Can't do it at work. I can, but it takes me over an hour to download the OS from Mega. Our internet is really really really slow. At home I can do it in 20 minutes or less.
    09-16-13 10:29 AM
    Stop reading and take a leak !!! 10.2.0.1371 is the BEST !!
    09-16-13 03:39 PM
    Thank you guys for the encouragement. You've just convinced me to finally do it. I'll let you know how it goes. By the way, what version of OS would you recommend? Thanks!

Z10 any day
    09-16-13 10:37 PM
    Thank you guys for the encouragement. You've just convinced me to finally do it. I'll let you know how it goes. By the way, what version of OS would you recommend? Thanks!

Z10 any day
    Whichever one is the latest 10.2.0 release for your device.
    09-16-13 10:39 PM
    Let's just say a few years ago I had the opportunity to update at least 3-4 devices on an average of 3-5 times or more a month over at least 10 months and none of them ever bricked, as long as the usb connection was solid and I left them alone (don't pick them up) during the load process. And I've loaded 3 different builds on my Zed without issue so far. Good enough?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 10:57 PM
    Finally installed 1743. Coming from 10.1, it's a great improvement. Still observing though what other performance improvements it brings.

Z10 any day
    09-22-13 11:51 PM
    First time I ever installed an os to a phone was on my new Z10 in May this year. I was very apprehensive at first. Since then I've tried out almost all of the leaks posted that came out about every week. It takes me about 2hrs total for download, install, sideload and restore. I have discovered that if I load a new leak and sideload my apps before restoring I get em already signed back in and app progress restored too. It's a lot of fun loading leaks and telling my friends and family what they can look forward to in the future...

Trusted Member Genius
    09-23-13 12:40 AM