Since the issues seem to be carrier specific I decided to start a thread for VZW stl-4 phones

Text Message Issue

okay I have a vzw phone stl 100-4 and I am finding that when people send me a text messages it is not making a sound, now if I go the specified text it will show up but I have to open it because it won't show up in the hub. It does not show up highlighted in hub or when going to the text message tab.

mms messages don't come in at all and a reboot does not fix it

the weird part is if I am in the text message tab, the search feature will show that I have a new text for instance if I search, a, e, I, o, u (they are used most in text messages) they will show up new and I can open them but I have to physically search for the text messages.

If I restart the phone they show up and it will work for an hour and then go back to this.

I did a clean install and just restored my contacts with contact x, I have side loaded snap chat, 4 pictures one word, Skype, and imdb
    this is not an issue when I downgrade back to 10.0 but was an issue on the pervious versions of 10.1 if any one could help I would be deeply greatful
    05-11-13 03:43 PM
    Hmmmmm, Vzw here, I deleted ALL text messages and restarted (not a battery pull) all is good so far...by the way, I NEVER pull the battery....for others who do....no need too since the phone has a restart option.....
    My texts have been working properly ever since

OS .1756
    05-11-13 10:27 PM
    As I mentioned in the other post, also on Verizon and not experiencing this issue, nor have I really seen anyone else with your complete group of issues. I think you might need to reload the OS from the sound of it. Sometimes it's just bad luck.

And I concur, never do a battery pull. I think BlackBerry needs to make a concerted effort to educate people about BB10. This isn't BlackBerry of old!

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    05-11-13 10:33 PM
    Agree....reload of OS wouldn't hurt...had to do mine THREE times but running sweet now
    Still had a text message issue and deleted all texts....restarted...and fixed ...weird though...my texts were coming from the wrong ppl. I laughed a bit on that one
    00stryder likes this.
    05-11-13 10:55 PM
    I had problems where every text that came on would show up under the wrong conversation as if it came on from a different t person. What I had to do to fix my issue was to delete all text messages from my phone, and then it started working perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:57 PM
    No issues after 14 hours on this leak with Verizon. Everything works well. The rebooting problem still exists. I was on the prior 10.1 leak -1483 I believe. I don't see much change from that leak.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 08:22 AM
    Since the issues seem to be carrier specific I decided to start a thread for VZW stl-4 phones

Text Message Issue

okay I have a vzw phone stl 100-4 and I am finding that when people send me a text messages it is not making a sound, now if I go the specified text it will show up but I have to open it because it won't show up in the hub. It does not show up highlighted in hub or when going to the text message tab.

the weird part is if I am in the text message tab, the search feature will show that I have a new text for instance if I search, a, e, I, o, u (they are used most in text messages) they will show up new and I can open them but I have to physically search for the text messages.

If I restart the phone they show up and it will work for an hour and then go back to this.

I did a clean install and just restored my contacts with contact x, I have side loaded snap chat, 4 pictures one word, Skype, and imdb
    this is not an issue when I downgrade back to 10.0 but was an issue on the pervious versions of 10.1 if any one could help I would be deeply greatful
    I have an issue similar to this, I don't hear BBM notifications sounds, my volume is high and on normal but my phone doesn't notify me, I would have to check on it manually to know that I have something unread

Something else I noticed is the reboot screen is ugly, it says Verizon but not the same startup/shutdown as when I bought it

Finally I can't search anythings through the Internet using the address bar, I would have to search through the Web page being bing or Google.

Posted via CB (for BlackBerry Z10)
    05-13-13 12:04 PM
    I have an issue similar to this, I don't hear BBM notifications sounds, my volume is high and on normal but my phone doesn't notify me, I would have to check on it manually to know that I have something unread

Something else I noticed is the reboot screen is ugly, it says Verizon but not the same startup/shutdown as when I bought it

Finally I can't search anythings through the Internet using the address bar, I would have to search through the Web page being bing or Google.

yes the splash screen is a white Verizon one instead of the 4glte one that is with the standart os.

I am glad to hear I am not the only one.
    05-13-13 01:30 PM
    If I restore my phone to factory, do you think it will come back (the splash screen)

05-13-13 01:36 PM
    If I restore my phone to factory, do you think it will come back (the splash screen)

It should, yes

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    05-14-13 01:58 AM
    Is any one experiencing the problem of side loaded apps not detecting a network connection when not connected to Wifi with this leak? I would really like to get side loaded apps working properly and will attempt to install this leak if it will solve the issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 05:49 AM
    I tested it with instagram and flipboard and they do connect without wifi.

05-14-13 07:10 AM
    all the issues went away the day blackberry live started, I think it had to be something with Verizon. Because now everything is working 100%
    05-15-13 10:17 AM
    I actually have the same exact issue.

I've reloaded the OS about 4 times but still having the same issue.

I've never had an issue with any other leak OS... this is strange.

BTW, I have no issues receiving or deleting emails.

However, if I receive a Facebook notification or message, I am unable to delete the message and it always shows 'new' even if I open and check it.

I have tried to disable FB notifications from the hub and that still doesn't solve the issue as far as SMS.

No suggestions from anyone?
    05-17-13 08:05 PM
    I know this maybe a little off topic but does anyone have the link to VZW 10.1 the link posted is no longer working and I Google it and all the website uses the same MEGA link that no longer works

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 08:17 PM
    Verizon wireless hasn't released the 10.1 yet

Posted via Carrier Pigeon
    05-18-13 01:40 AM
    I meant the leaked BB10.1 not the official one.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 01:47 AM
    I'm downloading this now. Can't wait to see what's in store

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 03:22 AM

Text Message Issue

Take the phone back.

Exchange it.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    05-21-13 08:01 AM
    Last night my device started doing something similar to this. I was receiving BBM messaging and getting a SMS notification as well. No sound and no red LED notifications, just the icon would pop up when I would peek, and notification would show in the HUB. Email is causing me to get a SMS notification as well. The only way to get rid of the notification is to go to the texting app/section of the HUB and then leave/go back to main HUB.

I have battery pulled multiple times, and normally rebooted the device several times as well and it is still happening. I installed this leak the day it was released and this is the first problem I've had.

It is annoying, but at least the red LED isn't blinking as well. I may try a software reload tonight to see if it fixes, or maybe it will fix on its own.
    05-23-13 07:50 AM