I'm having issues whereby some settings will not change after a restore.

An example would be in the contacts app if I deselect Facebook contacts then exit the app and then reopen theapp, Facebook contacts are once again showing. it's pretty annoying. I also cannot make use of the dark theme since the setting will not stick once the app is reopened

I've read before that restoring is the issue. When I do restore after installing a leak the only thing I restore is the settings because I don't want to lose 8/9 months of the keyboard learning the way I type.

Is there any workaround for this issue?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 12:38 PM
    I'm having issues whereby some settings will not change after a restore.

An example would be in the contacts app if I deselect Facebook contacts then exit the app and then reopen theapp, Facebook contacts are once again showing. it's pretty annoying. I also cannot make use of the dark theme since the setting will not stick once the app is reopened

I've read before that restoring is the issue. When I do restore after installing a leak the only thing I restore is the settings because I don't want to lose 8/9 months of the keyboard learning the way I type.

Is there any workaround for this issue?

Posted via CB10
    It is the Settings that cause the issue but some have restored them with the latest leak and it did not break the dark theme. I am trying the restore with all and if that does not work then I will redo and restore without Settings.
    09-20-13 12:47 PM
    This has been mentioned many many times in the leak threads. Seems to be from restore of settings. I confirmed today when I loaded 1743. I just decided to wipe and start fresh and I can now toggle the fb and other social media settings and they stick. The dark theme also sticks, although it was flaky initially.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 09:27 PM
    Yes, be careful with restoring from a different version. Sometimes causes conflicts because of updated code not liking older commands and stuff to that effect. Best to not restore settings. Just restore apps and media... 1725 took 1443 restore but I haven't tested 1743 from a 1725 backup. Some of the earlier 10.2 and later 10.1 ones were jiggy for a few of us leakies...

Trusted Member Genius
    09-21-13 01:34 AM
    None of the aforementioned issues exhibited themselves after a full 1725 to 1743 restoration.
    09-21-13 02:30 AM
    Thanks guys, I guess there's no way of fixing this without losing what the keyboard's learnt

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 11:52 AM