Running STL-04, Verizon, 10.2.0.1371..

I love the phone, yes a bug or two here and there, but I still LOVE IT!!!

Issues:

After start-up, typically after a battery swap bc I'm a hard core user, the phone boots up reasonably quickly, but the hub takes 3-4 minutes to populate. Ideally this would be a lot faster.. I'm a business man, a NYer, and before anyone rips me, it isn't a huge bummer, just would be nice if it was faster... Yes I have 3000 contacts, a very large active sync Outlook mailbox with yahoo and Gmail too...

Speaking of having a large Outlook .pst file that I want synced 'forever' I run into 'sync email' issues. I hit 'edit folder settings' and the whole account gets wiped if I try to 'sync all folders'. So I have to manually select 30-40 sub folders at a time. Any more and the whole account is wiped or removed from the device. Even worse if I try to recreate it under 'new account' I get duplicate tasks accounts in the hub and remember app. Only way to start over is to wipe whole device which sucks...bNot the hugest deal, but it's annoying to not have the whole sub tree of my Outlook account because then I can't file the email I want on the go.

So hub is slow to populate after reboot, and in switching between accounts, text etc. ( often 5-10 seconds to populate)..

Lastly, I don't like having to relink 1000's if contacts after each new leak is installed. I read that I can use protect or In touch App or Contact X to back up and then restore after a new leak, but won't I get tons of duplicates anyhow once I switch the email account back to 'sync'?

If anyone has any ideas, would love to hear them...

Rock on BlackBerry, the z10 is made for those of use that work and play hard!!
    Mic_JP likes this.
    08-27-13 07:40 PM
    glad you are enjoying the phone!
    08-27-13 08:10 PM
    Running STL-04, Verizon, 10.2.0.1371..

I love the phone, yes a bug or two here and there, but I still LOVE IT!!!

Issues:

After start-up, typically after a battery swap bc I'm a hard core user, the phone boots up reasonably quickly, but the hub takes 3-4 minutes to populate. Ideally this would be a lot faster.. I'm a business man, a NYer, and before anyone rips me, it isn't a huge bummer, just would be nice if it was faster... Yes I have 3000 contacts, a very large active sync Outlook mailbox with yahoo and Gmail too...

Speaking of having a large Outlook .pst file that I want synced 'forever' I run into 'sync email' issues. I hit 'edit folder settings' and the whole account gets wiped if I try to 'sync all folders'. So I have to manually select 30-40 sub folders at a time. Any more and the whole account is wiped or removed from the device. Even worse if I try to recreate it under 'new account' I get duplicate tasks accounts in the hub and remember app. Only way to start over is to wipe whole device which sucks...bNot the hugest deal, but it's annoying to not have the whole sub tree of my Outlook account because then I can't file the email I want on the go.

So hub is slow to populate after reboot, and in switching between accounts, text etc. ( often 5-10 seconds to populate)..

Lastly, I don't like having to relink 1000's if contacts after each new leak is installed. I read that I can use protect or In touch App or Contact X to back up and then restore after a new leak, but won't I get tons of duplicates anyhow once I switch the email account back to 'sync'?

If anyone has any ideas, would love to hear them...

Rock on BlackBerry, the z10 is made for those of use that work and play hard!!
    Your lucky that's the only time you have to re-link your contacts. Every time my Z10 needs a reboot or needs to turn off, I have to re-link my contacts.

The phone cuts up my contacts into a bunch of little contacts, like one contact with a profile pic, an email, and one more with a number.
    08-27-13 08:13 PM
    Sorry dude - That would seriously **** me off
    08-27-13 08:47 PM