Hey All,

First I want to say I dumped my iphone 5 for the Z10. I'm really loving the phone (except for all the reboots). My iphone was jailbroken, like all my rooted Android phones it, so I am used to experimentation.

This whole Blackberry experience is very new to me. Kinda feel like a babe in the woods.

My question is: Which leaked OS should I install if I'm on Verizon and I do I properly identify said leak? I have a friend with a PC that I can use tomorrow to do this.

I appreciate your help.
    05-29-13 04:44 PM
    Go to settings > About.

Will have your model listed there. (If I'm not mistaken, Verizon is stl100-1) I think the latest is this one from the other day. Otherwise lbfe is the guy you want to watch out for. He puts up the serious leaks.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the community!
    LocationDudeNYC likes this.
    05-29-13 05:02 PM
    Thanks!
    Verizon is actually stl100-4. I was reading one post but it said you had to put some foreign SIM in the phone...confusing. I will look for lbfe. Thanks again.
    05-29-13 05:17 PM
    Verizon is Stl100-4, latest leak for that is the 2009 ( official 10.1 update that's going for be used by Verizon) so I would install that one however there is the 2354 which is for the stl100-2 but can also work on the stl100-4,the choice is urs..
    Welcome!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 05:18 PM
    Any idea which works best, differences, etc.

I hate feeling like a noob.
    05-29-13 05:23 PM
    The box in which the phone came has the STL version printed. If you have thrown away the box then you can find the model in settings >about... screen shot attached...
    iPhone  Switcher - Help with New OS-img_00000246.png

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 05:25 PM

Hey bud. I installed my first leak last night and I haven't had a reboot since. Granted, it's been less than 24 hours but so far so good. After a lot of reading .2009 is the best working leak for VZW.

#postedwithaz10
    LocationDudeNYC likes this.
    05-29-13 05:26 PM

Don't worry... we were all noobs at one point in time with our Z10's... look for th latest leak... generally work good for most of them... I prefer to stay on the official OS release...

I'm from India so our phones are unlocked and not dpendant on carrier rolling out updates to us... )

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 05:31 PM
    Thanks, Walt. After you wipe and install the OS did you have any issues with restore. Does it put everything back? Text messages, phone settings, etc?
    05-29-13 05:32 PM
    Thanks, Walt. After you wipe and install the OS did you have any issues with restore. Does it put everything back? Text messages, phone settings, etc?
    Sorry for the delayed response. I forgot to subscribe to this thread. Done!

Okay...I actually installed the .2354 first because it was the latest. However, too glitchy. That's when I went to the .2009.

As for the restore, yes, everything will go back on your device as long as you did a FULL backup and restore.
    05-29-13 08:00 PM
    Restore will restore everything except the passwords for your accounts (they're intentionally not in the backups for security reasons) and any sideloaded Android apps.
    05-29-13 08:05 PM
    Hey bud. I installed my first leak last night and I haven't had a reboot since.
    Just got a reboot. Whomp whomp whomp

With that said, leaks aren't official carrier approved and provided OS's. So you may still find a few pending issues unresolved.

#postedwithaz10
    05-29-13 10:45 PM
    Aaaarrrggghhh!!! I finally uploaded 2009. Then I restored.

Were are all my text messages? Where are all the contacts I added in the last 3 weeks???? I'm freaking out!!! Help!!!
    05-31-13 06:33 PM
    You restored from a back up from today? Also sometimes when you finish setting everything up a lot of that will come back just takes a while my contacts were messed up for a few hours then settled in. Try a Couple battery pulls to help the new OS soak in.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 06:49 PM
    Yes, today. Slowly things are returning but not my texts. Or all my calls. I seem to have trouble swiping out of messages.
    05-31-13 08:37 PM
    Yes, today. Slowly things are returning but not my texts. Or all my calls. I seem to have trouble swiping out of messages.
    Which OS did you load? And what Carrier?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:16 PM
    2009. Verizon. Phone feels kinda sluggish after 2 days.
    06-02-13 07:36 PM
    Now my phone is acting like it's on crack. Today I kept getting error messages that the network was unavailable even tho I had full bars. Then the phone froze and I had to do a battery pull. Any help? Thnx.
    06-03-13 05:22 PM
    Now my phone is acting like it's on crack. Today I kept getting error messages that the network was unavailable even tho I had full bars. Then the phone froze and I had to do a battery pull. Any help? Thnx.
    Let the leak settle in. Is one of the best for VZW and AT&T STL-3

Posted via Z10 at&t
    06-03-13 06:46 PM
    Let the leak settle in. Is one of the best for VZW and AT&T STL-3

Posted via Z10 at&t
    I love that technical term 'settle in'.

But what does that mean? Am I supposed to install additional radios or is that only on Thursdays under a full moon?

Seriously, this phone is starting get get a little wack.

I searched for a location near me after installing new maps. It zoomed out to the entire U.S. I had to hit the locate button again. Then when I went to scroll up after 2 scrolls it took me to Iowa! Huh?

Wack, I tell ya.
    06-03-13 06:58 PM
    I love that technical term 'settle in'.

But what does that mean? Am I supposed to install additional radios or is that only on Thursdays under a full moon?

Seriously, this phone is starting get get a little wack.

I searched for a location near me after installing new maps. It zoomed out to the entire U.S. I had to hit the locate button again. Then when I went to scroll up after 2 scrolls it took me to Iowa! Huh?

Wack, I tell ya.
    When you let the leak settle in it gets the new OS accustomed to the phone and your usage. You do the same thing when ever you flash a new custom rom for your android phone. If it still acting up then just do a fresh install without the backup. Should work, if not use a different leak

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 08:49 PM