06-06-14 12:14 AM
81 1234
tools
    It'll just be 'yet another voice command thing' that doesn't work right and will never reach the potential we REALLY want from it, sorry but they all suck in one way or another. Siri, Cortana, Intelligent Assistant.. whatever. They're all terrible IMO.
    05-24-14 08:01 PM
    Finally a good comment.

BB Proud
    05-24-14 08:18 PM
    No one ever even uses all these voice things just gimmicks I think. They have good things but to be honest how many people do you know who use siri to text or email someone? Seriously doubt many.

Mr A Hanif BlackBerry10
    05-24-14 10:08 PM
    The main point is that it needs to work, every time, and instant replies. Functionality can ALWAYS be added later, but the initial release MUST be flawless
    05-24-14 10:42 PM
    The main point is that it needs to work, every time, and instant replies. Functionality can ALWAYS be added later, but the initial release MUST be flawless
    There's no way it will initially be flawless or even that great nor does it need to be. There will always be early adopters that are willing to put up with glitches. It's simply an add-on that a person can decide to however much they want. Meanwhile, the functionality can improve via OTA software updates and back end content updates.

I use it t quickly set timers, reminders, alarms, get the weather, sports scores, and to read and reply to texts while driving.
    05-24-14 11:05 PM
    I really wish Blackberry could sign Paul Bettany (voice of Jarvis) to do the voice of the IA. They could probably get Marvel to license them the name "Jarvis" for it too, LOL...
    Just FYI, Google Now not only responds to "OK Google", but also "OK Jarvis".
    fragment137 and thermiks like this.
    05-24-14 11:07 PM
    Just as OP might be too fast in the enthusiasm, you naysayers are equally guilty.

Let the thing come to market before you drown it in emo doom.
    marcosis and wincyUt like this.
    05-25-14 02:56 AM
    Not until it understands everything you say. Which is about 10 years away imho.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 03:43 AM
    It reads texts and replies to them
    05-25-14 04:57 AM

I really wish Blackberry could sign Paul Bettany (voice of Jarvis) to do the voice of the IA. They could probably get Marvel to license them the name "Jarvis" for it too, LOL...

"Jarvis remind me not to do that again." "It would be my pleasure, sir."

Canadian born company just might go for canuck voice...maybe the likes of Winnipeg's Douglas Rain. Thee Voice of H.A.L. 9000 from A Space Odyssey The above conversation might then sound like.....

Dave: Open the pod bay doors, please, HAL. Open the pod bay doors, please, HAL. Hello, HAL. Do you read me? Hello, HAL. Do you read me? Do you read me, HAL?
    HAL: Affirmative, Dave. I read you.
    Dave: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
    HAL: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
    Dave: What's the problem?
    HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
    Dave: What are you talking about, HAL?
    HAL: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Just maybe a secret agenda lies in wait!?! LOL
    fragment137 and dejanh like this.
    05-25-14 06:12 AM
    No one ever even uses all these voice things just gimmicks I think. They have good things but to be honest how many people do you know who use siri to text or email someone? Seriously doubt many.

Mr A Hanif BlackBerry10
    Not true - I use Touchless Controls for my Moto X all the time to respond to texts hands free while driving. I will also use voice control to call people while driving hands free.

I can also set a timer hands free - which is great to do while cooking.

I think that Intelligent Assistant will be very useful as it continues to develop. The key is making work for the entire OS and making it feature rich (which is what they seem to be doing)
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    05-25-14 09:15 AM
    I wish it worked offline without having to send everything to the server... make it work even if it takes an extra GB or 2 from the device storage...
    And make it update every week to learn new actions and such..

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442
    05-25-14 09:26 AM
    There's no way it will initially be flawless or even that great nor does it need to be. There will always be early adopters that are willing to put up with glitches. It's simply an add-on that a person can decide to however much they want. Meanwhile, the functionality can improve via OTA software updates and back end content updates.

I use it t quickly set timers, reminders, alarms, get the weather, sports scores, and to read and reply to texts while driving.

Even if thy severely limit functionality, for the commands it is meant to process it must do so quickly and accurately. People wont give it more than a few chances at best.
    05-25-14 10:33 AM
    Canadian born company just might go for canuck voice...maybe the likes of Winnipeg's Douglas Rain. Thee Voice of H.A.L. 9000 from A Space Odyssey The above conversation might then sound like.....

Dave: Open the pod bay doors, please, HAL. Open the pod bay doors, please, HAL. Hello, HAL. Do you read me? Hello, HAL. Do you read me? Do you read me, HAL?
    HAL: Affirmative, Dave. I read you.
    Dave: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
    HAL: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
    Dave: What's the problem?
    HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
    Dave: What are you talking about, HAL?
    HAL: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Just maybe a secret agenda lies in wait!?! LOL
    If they were to use the voice of HAL, that would be spectacular!
    05-25-14 10:34 AM
    Ive had a BlackBerry since the 9000. I find voice commands on my BlackBerry better than my iphone 5 siri in terms of understanding what I say and response time.

Sure siri had more functionality.

Maybe not anymore with intelligent assistant.

If BlackBerry can be a leader in this it will help strengthen their position in the "internet of all things" arena.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    05-25-14 11:35 AM
    I just hope it works as well as the competition, if not better, on launch day.

I've seen comparison videos between the other 3 and things have come a long way but there's still more to do.

I hope it can basically replace the need for certain apps (i.e. Weather, headlines, stocks, etc). Ask the assistant and ye shall receive - something more than just internet search results that require extra steps. Have a nice UI that's easily accessible (like second nature) and blended with the OS (not an app within an app). I'm looking forward to trying the new assistant. I usually don't like voice activated things due to limitations or inaccuracy, but I think things are changing for the better.

emPowered by ?
    05-25-14 01:00 PM
    Thanks OP for sharing this perspective. I will certainly check out the Intelligent Assistant.
    Slowly but surely BlackBerry will surprise all the naysayers.

Posted via CB10
    prue035 likes this.
    05-25-14 02:45 PM
    waiting for the official release of 10.3..
    05-25-14 06:18 PM
    You know what would be cool?

It'd be cool if you say, "BlackBerry is dead!"

And this IA responds with this image:

Intelligent Assistant will revolutionize cellphones!-mockit_26052014153020.jpg

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    eldricho likes this.
    05-26-14 03:34 AM
    Thanks OP for sharing this perspective. I will certainly check out the Intelligent Assistant.
    Slowly but surely BlackBerry will surprise all the naysayers.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you! They can still innovate... either way I'm glad to try whatever product they bring to market. Hopefully it will be solid and I won't have to use the screen. I can just pick up my phone say "volume silent please" and without the screen turning on it replies "phone on silent" quickly and understandably. Or "read last email from Whitney" and it does. That would be amazing. That's what I'm saying nothing does this now.

Z30 Verizon!
    05-29-14 07:55 PM
    I would be nice if BlackBerry could work with one the car manufacturers who use QNX in their cars on a joint project that would include a navigation system and intelligent assistance together and it would be used by both because the BlackBerry maps and navigation sucks to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 06:02 AM
    the only intelligent assistant i can imagine is in a seamless interaction with your phone (as talking to your phone will always look awkward/dumb)
    and i know it still looks like a sci-fi device but mind-controlled gadgets are on their way to consumers' market, so what could beat a mind-controlled Blackberry assistant?
    8 Mind-blowing Gadgets You Can Control Just With Your Brain
    or this one from 3 years ago
    German researchers take mind-controlled car for a carefully-controlled spin
    And maybe in a near future Blackberry investment in NantHealth could have something to do with EEG devices able to read your brain waves: you want to open crackberry forum on your phone and it's done as quick as you thought of it.
    Mind Control: How EEG Devices Will Read Your Brain Waves And Change Your World
    05-31-14 06:27 AM
    After 3 days of using voice control on my PC the novelty had worn-off. Hopefully this will provide accessibility to some which I think is great, but personally am not optimistic of my finding much use for it.
    05-31-14 06:46 AM
    How many times did I just read naysayers lol... OP is delusional if he thinks blackberry will come out of the closet with this working, they can't even get the contacts app right.
    05-31-14 08:24 AM
    As of now on the Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.296 leak, other than taking a few minutes to work, intelligent Assistant works 95% of the time. I'm from newfoundland, Canada, and have a noticeable accent. I find the features of intelligent assistant to be above SIRI but below Google Now

Posted via my Z10 using the CB10 app
    05-31-14 09:56 AM
81 1234