I installed the unlocked Android runtime but I'm still having failed installations for Bejeweled and Candy Crush. They both require me to install a debug token. Did I do something wrong? The installation said it was successful in installing the two Android BAR files for the runtime. How can I check if it really did install the new runtime?

I also tried requesting a token and followed a tutorial I found around here but the BB website has changed and only sends me a CSK file. I need the CSJ files.

Thanks in advance.
    09-05-13 02:08 PM
    You try sideload such bar file that needs debug token.
    Also, you can create one from csk file.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    09-05-13 02:10 PM
    You try sideload such bar file that needs debug token.
    Also, you can create one from csk file.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    Is there a way to get the BAR without it needing a debug token? What I did was download the APK using BlueStacks and converted it using a tutorial I found here where you just drag and drop the APK on a BAT file. It automatically converts and installs the BAR for you.

How do I create a token using the CSK? I can't find info anywhere that explains that.
    09-05-13 02:32 PM
    Is there a way to get the BAR without it needing a debug token? What I did was download the APK using BlueStacks and converted it using a tutorial I found here where you just drag and drop the APK on a BAT file. It automatically converts and installs the BAR for you.

How do I create a token using the CSK? I can't find info anywhere that explains that.
    Either load your debug back to the device or just use something like apk2bar.org to convert it.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 02:43 PM
    Either load your debug back to the device or just use something like apk2bar.org to convert it.

Posted via CB10
    I tried to install my old token. It said it was installing and that it was successful. My phone still says I don't have one installed. Apps still won't install without a token.

I'd use a web service like that but they always send back a BAR where the app is of an older version number. I want the latest because I know it works. I had the latest Candy Crush and Bejeweled on my Z10 when I had 10.1 so I only assume that a newer OS and Android runtime would also be able to handle it.
    09-05-13 03:04 PM
    I tried to install my old token. It said it was installing and that it was successful. My phone still says I don't have one installed. Apps still won't install without a token.

I'd use a web service like that but they always send back a BAR where the app is of an older version number. I want the latest because I know it works. I had the latest Candy Crush and Bejeweled on my Z10 when I had 10.1 so I only assume that a newer OS and Android runtime would also be able to handle it.
    You can upload your own apk to convert you don't have to dl one of theirs

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 03:24 PM
    You can upload your own apk to convert you don't have to dl one of theirs

Posted via CB10
    That's what I did. I went to apk2bar and clicked the green button to upload an APK. It came back with Bejeweled at version 1.0.609.0 but the APK I uploaded was version 1.3.7.

Am I missing something here?

By the way, thanks for your help so far. Much appreciated.
    09-05-13 03:36 PM
    Please, somebody gimme a hand. I followed the tutorial for loading 10.2 and the unlocked runtime. This shouldn't be happening as far as I understand.
    09-05-13 04:54 PM
    If you use Chrome as your browser. Install the blackberry PlayBook plug-in and it is simple to install the bar files using the extension - basically drag and drop. Install the android bar files, then candy crush saga bar file. Reboot your z10 and off you go. My OS is the latest. 2 leak. Crush works fine (no access to store which may not be a bad thing) .

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 06:41 PM
    I'm capable of loading using DDPB but it says I need a token. I'm well versed in the process.

No way in hell I'm using Chrome. It's garbage.

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    09-05-13 07:07 PM
    I installed the unlocked Android runtime but I'm still having failed installations for Bejeweled and Candy Crush. They both require me to install a debug token. Did I do something wrong? The installation said it was successful in installing the two Android BAR files for the runtime. How can I check if it really did install the new runtime?

I also tried requesting a token and followed a tutorial I found around here but the BB website has changed and only sends me a CSK file. I need the CSJ files.

Thanks in advance.
    Did you restart your phone? Made that mistake and couldn't figure it out for 1 hour!

The Gamer's Network- C00015A3 || From my Z on .1047
    09-05-13 07:29 PM
    I'm capable of loading using DDPB but it says I need a token. I'm well versed in the process.

No way in hell I'm using Chrome. It's garbage.

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    Hmm. Okay, so you have a valid debug token on your computer as well as Sacha's android pack. You have previously used it to side load debugged bar files. You generally use ddpb for basic side loading. You were successful in loading up the unlocked runtime and can currently run android apps from app world. You have converted your apk files to bar files without the token and they don't run. Then you tried reinstalling the debug token on your device with both Sacha's tools and ddpb.

Is all of this correct? If so I would say it's worth giving chrome a go since that is literally the last option. If nothing else works I would reinstall the OS and runtime and retry.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:35 PM
    Did you restart your phone? Made that mistake and couldn't figure it out for 1 hour!

The Gamer's Network- C00015A3 || From my Z on .1047
    Very good point

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:37 PM
    Hmm. Okay, so you have a valid debug token on your computer as well as Sacha's android pack. You have previously used it to side load debugged bar files. You generally use ddpb for basic side loading. You were successful in loading up the unlocked runtime and can currently run android apps from app world. You have converted your apk files to bar files without the token and they don't run. Then you tried reinstalling the debug token on your device with both Sacha's tools and ddpb.

Is all of this correct? If so I would say it's worth giving chrome a go since that is literally the last option. If nothing else works I would reinstall the OS and runtime and retry.

Posted via CB10
    I dunno if I have a valid token. Like I said before, I can't seem to get BB to email me the 2 CSJ files I need to create one. I get the feeling that if I can do that then it'll be fine. Their site is different all of a sudden and all I get is a direct download of a CSK file when I fill out my info. I wish Kris would hop into here. I'm sure he can help.

Yes, I've rebooted the phone numerious times. I even turned it off and left the battery out for a few minutes to see if that made a difference.
    09-05-13 07:51 PM
    Also, when installing the runtime, I got 2 BAR files. I used DDPB to install them and I installed them both at the same time. Does that matter? Is there a particular order to install them in?
    09-05-13 08:46 PM

Not necessarily. I have a couple of games that play ok on 10.1 but not on 10.2....we need for the devs to catch up to the new programming I suppose. I did revert to 10.1 just to test this out. Confirmed it too.

Trusted Member
    09-06-13 02:12 AM
    Thanks. What about my other questions? :P Curious as to the answers to them.

Also managed to get Candy Crush working with the latest version. Not sure if the conversion ruined it, the unlocked runtime, or what but now I'm getting 1000 moves to start and on the timed levels the clock starts at 10 minutes. I'd really like to get this working as its for my girlfriend not myself. I can't stand this game and don't get why it's so popular.

If anyone can help me that'd be great. Maybe I just have to revert to the version of the runtime that came with the OS. Can I just use DDPB to uninstall the unlocked runtime or do I need to do a full wipe and reload?

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    09-06-13 03:33 PM