11-06-13 10:50 AM
32 12
tools
    OP, take it from me who have installed every leak since day 1 (I'm part of leak team, aren't I?)
    Waiting for official update won't make a single difference. It's the very same OS, and it's updated via the same files at the same address on BB's server
    What I'm curious about is whether you tried to do an update instead of a clean install. If you tried to do an update with sachesi, then don't
    Use the autoloader linked above and wipe your device clean
    You should not be able to see these fragmented drafts that you can't delete if you start clean
    ALWAYS wipe and start clean when you can, especially when upgrading major versions
    When you say wipe and start clean, what do you mean? Wipe before or after the upgrade? And would you suggest backing up data prior to the upgrade and restoring afterwards so you can have message histories, contacts, etc.? Or, are you saying it's got to be a completely fresh start with no prior data?

I used the Sachesi method to load a 10.2 build on my AT&T Z10. I noticed some of the same issues as the OP around messaging, such as messages being shown by number vs. the contact's name. That went away after a few hours, though...I guess there is a "settling in" period. What didn't go away is general lag in loading SMS and MMS messages, though I've heard this is a general issue with some 10.2 builds.

Also, in terms of being pretty much the same as an official build from the carrier, I'm now prompted for a password for visual voicemails whereas I wasn't before...and I have no idea what that password is/was.
    11-05-13 12:34 PM
    When you say wipe and start clean, what do you mean? Wipe before or after the upgrade? And would you suggest backing up data prior to the upgrade and restoring afterwards so you can have message histories, contacts, etc.? Or, are you saying it's got to be a completely fresh start with no prior data?

I used the Sachesi method to load a 10.2 build on my AT&T Z10. I noticed some of the same issues as the OP around messaging, such as messages being shown by number vs. the contact's name. That went away after a few hours, though...I guess there is a "settling in" period. What didn't go away is general lag in loading SMS and MMS messages, though I've heard this is a general issue with some 10.2 builds.

Also, in terms of being pretty much the same as an official build from the carrier, I'm now prompted for a password for visual voicemails whereas I wasn't before...and I have no idea what that password is/was.
    Just use autoloader. It will wipe

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 02:14 PM
    Holding down both volume buttons takes a screenshot for me, but I have tried rebooting it several times. I took the battery out for a few minutes once it was off too.

Posted via CB10
    Hold them buttons longer....until screen goes black...it'll restart. Do not pull battery on phone unless it is OFF.

Trusted Member Genius
    11-05-13 02:41 PM
    I have been awaiting a response from AT&T to unlock an unactivated STL100-3 that I intended on updating to 10.2 by dropping a Roger's SIM into it. Since it's been a few days without a response I think I'd like to try using the autoloader. Will the file provided in the link several posts up work for my device or is it specifically for the OP's STL100-4 Verizon model?
    11-05-13 02:47 PM
    I have been awaiting a response from AT&T to unlock an unactivated STL100-3 that I intended on updating to 10.2 by dropping a Roger's SIM into it. Since it's been a few days without a response I think I'd like to try using the autoloader. Will the file provided in the link several posts up work for my device or is it specifically for the OP's STL100-4 Verizon model?
    In spite of the incorrect filename, the autoloader posted previously is for STL100-2 and -3. STL100-4 models can also load STL100-2/3 autoloaders, for their "unique" radio doesn't seem to do anything differently, and their "unique" OS is the same as the other ones, but with prepackaged Verizon apps.
    11-05-13 02:49 PM
    Thank you very much for the quick reply!!!
    11-05-13 02:52 PM
    Just wanted to come back and let you guys know that I tried the autoloader and everything is working perfectly now. Thank you for all your help!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 10:50 AM
32 12