Hello everybody,
    Just a basic question because the OS 10.2.0.1323 is the first leak I installed and I saw that the OS 10.2 has been released yesterday for me in France and so I was wondering how i was going to see the update. Should I just try to look for it like normally or should I do something special?

Thank you !

Luca
    10-23-13 12:06 PM
    If you don't manage to get the notification (Settings > OS Update > Check for Update), you have options:

• Plug your device to BlackBerry Link;
    • Use Sachesi to find the new OS version, download and install.

I use Sachesi. It takes a little bit to get it all done, but it won't wipe your device on the plus side!
    Last edited by diegonei; 10-23-13 at 05:23 PM.
    anon6113468 likes this.
    10-23-13 12:09 PM
    Hello everybody,
    Just a basic question because the OS 10.2.0.1323 is the first leak I installed and I saw that the OS 10.2 has been released yesterday for me in France and so I was wondering how i was going to see the update. Should I just try to look for it like normally or should I do something special?

Thank you !

Luca
    I received a 13MB update today, I was running the .1791 leak with unlocked runtime and decided to go ahead and take the update.
    My reasoning was that the unlocked runtime is larger than the received update, my phone took the update and all is well with my side loaded apps.
    anon6113468 likes this.
    10-23-13 12:42 PM
    Thanks everybody and actually I just got the update via BlackBerry Link.

Thank you for your quick answers !
    10-23-13 02:15 PM
    I'm not seeing the updates on 10.2.0.415, although it has released, I'll have to try Blackberry Link though

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 03:19 PM
    Being Italian, had a leaked OS 10.2.0.1047 on my Q10 installed back in August which was great but having that leaked os, I couldn't update either through BB Link or via OTA by phone.
    So PRIOR to everythign I did back up the whole phone using Bb Link(latest version). Then I took off my SD card.
    So I just restored q10 back to factory os setting(using BB Link) and just when it did restarted(showing purple colored screens), it checks available os update and it's there that you have to choose to update OS to the one proposed(which should be your carrier one- to me it was .424).
    If you do choose to go on with the OS set up, at the time you go into your os upgrade check it won't give you the option to upgrade, since you will still have the previous elaked os installed. At least that's what happened to me!
    So, since the first restore I did I did ignore the os upgrade proposed by the system, I had to restore BB again and when it came to that choice I did hit upgrade and I got newest os. After checking it I started reinstalling everything. There is one thing I miss though: my contacts and texts which have been backed up (with evertything else) PRIOR doing this whole process! Help! HOw do I get these back? is there a 'retrieve' option for these only via BB Link? Thanks! Hope this helps!

Ps: as for timing: It took 1 hour to restore it the first time. then I had to do it agian and since the phone was really 'empty' it took it about 40 minutes, more or less!
    The new os install and download took about 1 and half hour!
    10-26-13 04:45 AM
    Hello,
    So first of all the text messages should come back automatically with the backup you did via BlackBerry Link. For the contacts, it should do it if you have BlackBerry Link 10.2 but I would recommend that you also use a third-party app (which is what I do), which gives you more security and you are sure that you're not losing anything.

When you installed the new OS, did you use the "restore " feature in BlackBerry Link ? Because that is what you have to do do get back all your information.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 06:41 PM
    Hello! Thanks for your kind answer! I did not restore on the BB Link... Well, let's be honest here and say that I am not much familiar with BB Link at all and I have used it a very few times; I did update to latest version and did a back up of my Q10 prior to restore it at its original os. Then once it turned on by itself I did choose to 'update' it to the latest os 10.2. Then, I did insert BB app world username+password and re-dopwnloaded the apps and reinserted twitter/FB/email profiles etc.. Had-and still have no texts from prior the upgrade. So to get back to my previous contatcts/texts(since I have all the other data, aside a few pcitures which I really don't care about!) should I do from BB Link: under BB Contacts/calendar synchronization and choose there the bottom option which to me is'restore settings'which are actually those once pre-defined? Cause I guess that won't bring me back those contacts/texts..
    Or maybe shoudl I restore the device with a back up file created previously? if so.. Will this bring me back to the previous os? Cause it was a leaked one and that is whta I don't want!!! Thanks!
    10-30-13 10:38 AM
    Backup can RESTORE any one, two or all of the following : Media, Applications, Settings. Not the OS it stays the same as you loaded. Do not hit RELOAD.

Trusted Member Genius
    10-30-13 10:56 AM
    Backup can RESTORE any one, two or all of the following : Media, Applications, Settings. Not the OS it stays the same as you loaded. Do not hit RELOAD.

Trusted Member Genius
    Thanks a lot! That's what I thought but coming from a leaked version I wasn't unsure! So to get back texts and contacts from previous backed up data which one should I restore? Applications? Thanks!
    10-30-13 03:37 PM
    Whenever you install a leak, just do a backup of everything and then do a restore or everything. As simple as that And if you have to reload your OS on your BlackBerry because it's not working, same way
    Hope I helped you !

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 04:51 PM
    I thought a backup also includes the OS. Or restore factory settings. I did both but the Os leak remained installed? Why?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 03:35 AM
    I don't know, maybe it is in a separate folder ?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:24 PM
    I thought a backup also includes the OS. Or restore factory settings. I did both but the Os leak remained installed? Why?

Posted via CB10
    If you pay attention you'll see backups are composed of:

App
    Media
    Settings

If the whole OS was to be included, you'd be looking at minium +4GB on each file.

A wipe will clean all user data from the device (apps included). But the OS will remain the same. A factory reset is nothing but a wipe. If you want to change the OS, you're gonna have to upgrade or downgrade.
    11-02-13 07:11 PM