06-21-14 04:44 AM
46 12
tools
    One last question.........When I read the Sticky instructions for a non-destructive install a new OS leak, there is no mention of .bar files and yet I see some talk of these .bar files as a requirement to install an OS via Sachesi. Which is it? Thanks
    02-18-14 04:58 PM
    If you download with Sachesi, it makes a folder in the same directory you run Sachesi from.
    ie: I have it in Blackberry, makes a folder with number, example: 10.2.1.2102 (SW version).
    Then just click the install tab, point it to the folder and wait approximately an hour or less.
    Signed bar files is what the OS in based on. I got the Vodaphone UK version, folder
    has 154 bar files at 1.12gb.HTH.

One last question.........When I read the Sticky instructions for a non-destructive install a new OS leak, there is no mention of .bar files and yet I see some talk of these .bar files as a requirement to install an OS via Sachesi. Which is it? Thanks
    02-18-14 05:11 PM
    OK, I finally took the plunge and did the 10.2.1 using Sachesi. The whole process took about an hour, maybe less once Sachesi started the transfer and update to my Q10 (Verizon). I used the settings for Rogers: 302 country code,720 carrier, Q10 device, and SQN-100-1 for variant even though the Verizon is a -2. The new update is less than an hour old at this point but I have no problems that I have seen. I did the Link backup, but didn't need to restore it because everything was still there. I do have a couple of Rogers icons that I can't seem to delete, but the Verizon icons are the same way when you get a Verizon update. At this point, I'm glad I did it and I'm sorry that Verizon is such a PITA when it comes to supporting BB and their customers by not releasing official updates in a reasonable time. If you are hesitating using Sachesi, like I was, do your homework here on CB and go for it. Very easy and straight forward.
    Last edited by cobra boy; 02-19-14 at 12:18 AM.
    Omnitech and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-18-14 10:43 PM
    Hi cobra boy,
    we got rid with as much as possible of technical points and terms.
    FYI, all the files (incl. bars) are located within the folder Sachesi will create when downloading the update and you will point to it later in the process.
    So, don't bother, just follow the instructions and it'll be fine !
    P.S: of course, if you're curious you can have a look within the folder, but don't rename/delete anything !
    Cheers
    SF
    cobra boy likes this.
    02-19-14 08:41 AM
    I did the full backup. I followed the instructions to the letter. I have done one reboot to make sure it gets everything in the right place.

Right now it seems to be indexing. But it was great (and I didn't have to remember passwords).

Sachesi would not accept my password. I saw a posting that said this might be a problem and to unplug the USB cable then plug it in again. Then Sachesi accepted my password and we were off to the installation races.

Quite pleased.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-20-14 05:18 PM
    Awesome!
    Sachesi would not accept my password. I saw a posting that said this might be a problem and to unplug the USB cable then plug it in again. Then Sachesi accepted my password and we were off to the installation races.
    This usually happens when another application (eg. Link) attempts to log in at the same time.

The log-in method can only cope with a single application at the same time and doesn't understand the concept of 'sessions'.
    So if Link says 'I'd like to log in'
    Then Z10 replies 'Sure, what's the password' (more complicated than this)
    Then Sachesi says 'I'd like to log in'.
    Then the Z10 says 'Errrr! Wrong! The password isn't "I'd like to log in" -- 4 attempts remaining'

For some reason Blackberry never fixed this.
    Superfly_FR and Omnitech like this.
    02-20-14 07:38 PM
    I did the same

Via CB10, Brklyn, NY
    02-20-14 07:49 PM
    Is it necessary to wipe before updateing with Sachesi?
    02-21-14 08:16 PM
    I did it using the O2 files. A huge improvement in battery life over 1925. It used to be that I was close to dead after 12 hours. It is now 14 hours and I have 45% battery left. Amazing.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 09:22 PM
    Is it necessary to wipe before updateing with Sachesi?
    No. The idea is you don't need to wipe.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-22-14 02:02 AM
    Xsacha, between trying to find country, carrier, device(Q10), and variant, and then DPC Watchdog popping up I don't know how to move forward. Any suggestions?
    02-22-14 02:14 AM
    Xsacha, between trying to find country, carrier, device(Q10), and variant, and then DPC Watchdog popping up I don't know how to move forward. Any suggestions?
    DPC Watchdog? What is that?

Typically look at these forums to find out what country/carrier to use. Q10 and Q5 and all variants have the same radio.
    02-22-14 02:23 AM

Typically look at these forums to find out what country/carrier to use. Q10 and Q5 and all variants have the same radio.
    I think I'm getting it now. DPC WATCHDOG came up after I used Google Chrome to load Sachesi.
    Never mind it just restarted my computer again. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks and peace.
    02-22-14 02:46 AM

BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) in Win 8.

What does the DPC Watchdog Violation Blue Screen error mean?

Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (Windows Debuggers)
    02-22-14 02:53 AM

Be sure you've installed the latest Link version (just to be sure you have latest drivers). I wouldn't be surprised you plugged your device into a USB3 port. If you can, avoid them; I've had some similar BSOD troubles using them on my W8 64bits desktop .
    Note: USB3 ports are generally marked while USB2 ports aren't (and there's usually at least one USB2 at the back of a desktop ).

Posted via CB10
    world saviour likes this.
    02-22-14 09:58 PM
    Never used sachesi before. Would appreciate some help. Did a search but was unable to find an answer. So two questions please :

1. If I use the sachesi method to update the os on my Q10 to .3175 will I need to rebuild all my Android Apps ? I know it's referred to as non destructive - but not sure what that means exactly. Yes Ihave a back up. yes I know I do a restore. every time I do OTA it wipes out all the Andriod installs and Ihave to reload them again. Is it the 'same' with sachesi method ?

2. My Q10 is SQN100-5 - the update on sachesi refers to SQN100-3 - does this matter to me - can only use sqn100-5 version or this available version will work fine ?

TIA.
    06-19-14 09:37 AM
    1. The only Android app I use regularly is Google Maps, and it is unaffected by a Sachesi update. Perhaps a gamer can weigh in here regarding saved games & scores.

2. All SQN models can use the same Q10 updates and radios.

Never used sachesi before. Would appreciate some help. Did a search but was unable to find an answer. So two questions please :

1. If I use the sachesi method to update the os on my Q10 to .3175 will I need to rebuild all my Android Apps ? I know it's referred to as non destructive - but not sure what that means exactly. Yes Ihave a back up. yes I know I do a restore. every time I do OTA it wipes out all the Andriod installs and Ihave to reload them again. Is it the 'same' with sachesi method ?

2. My Q10 is SQN100-5 - the update on sachesi refers to SQN100-3 - does this matter to me - can only use sqn100-5 version or this available version will work fine ?

TIA.

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2947/2274 Radio
    06-19-14 03:35 PM

TIA.
    Non-destructive updates do not mess with any apps installed. This includes the saved fame states of Android games. That's why many of us prefer them.

I have never heard of an OTA upgrade wiping out Android installed applications, or any applications for that matter.

For the record, with a non-destructive upgrade that was successful you do not perform a restore. Perhaps you were doing a restore when you didn't need to which up until recently would wipe out Android installed apps.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    06-19-14 03:50 PM
    First, thanks for the reply(s). Second I successfully completed the update using sachesi - it woked flawlessly. Everything woks. It was quick and with all the How To thread, easy. Bring on 10.3. .
    Non-destructive updates do not mess with any apps installed. This includes the saved fame states of Android games. That's why many of us prefer them.

I have never heard of an OTA upgrade wiping out Android installed applications, or any applications for that matter.

For the record, with a non-destructive upgrade that was successful you do not perform a restore. Perhaps you were doing a restore when you didn't need to which up until recently would wipe out Android installed apps.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    Ragbert likes this.
    06-19-14 04:12 PM
    Glad to hear it! :-)

First, thanks for the reply(s). Second I successfully completed the update using sachesi - it woked flawlessly. Everything woks. It was quick and with all the How To thread, easy. Bring on 10.3. .

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2947/2274 Radio
    06-19-14 10:01 PM
    Moderator please close this thread. Issue resolved...

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 04:44 AM
46 12