01-19-16 08:45 PM
45 12
tools
    i don't think so unless there are two versions and can continue acquiring Passport with BlackBerry OS 10.. and I do not see them interest on it.
    At least can can hope for a real Android runtime update!?
    Marsmellow would be nice right?

Posted via CB10
    stuck_788 likes this.
    01-11-16 02:53 PM
    At least can can hope for a real Android runtime update!?
    Marsmellow would be nice right?

Posted via CB10
    Marshmallow? We're still on Jelly Bean. An update to KitKat would've been nice.
    01-11-16 04:24 PM
    To be honest, passport is fully capable to run android 5 and 6. Basically, hardware allows that. The only question is the appropriate rom.

That's it.

Because guys, if you say that snapdragon 801 is not capable to run android 5 and 6mmm then you all are deluded.
    In such case, z3, samsung s5, one + one would not be able to run android 5 &6

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-11-16 04:47 PM
    Really all that'd be required is an OS with the correct drivers and signed by BlackBerry for it to boot and run.

But why do you want android? We have BlackBerry 10
    01-14-16 02:58 AM
    I think the video that passport running andriod is true? Is there any developer in crackberry?

Posted via CB10
    Many Android devices dont have modified ROMs . Do you know what is needed for that ?
    01-14-16 04:34 AM
    Many Android devices dont have modified ROMs . Do you know what is needed for that ?
    Not sure about BB10, but AFAIK for Android devices the foremost thing that's needed is a hole to exploit SU access. No hole = no SU = no custom ROM at all. Then, the bootloader needs to be cracked somehow (if not possible, then you're only able to boot custom ROM's that are slightly modified but still contain the official signatures).

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    01-15-16 01:10 AM
    a Passport with Android would be just perfect...
    That would be an atrocity. Have you even tried a priv out? It's inefficient and kludgy coming from Passport. Passport running Android would be a waste of good hardware capable of bb10s fluidity and productivity.
    jope28 and Blackerthanblack like this.
    01-15-16 07:39 AM
    If BlackBerry did release an Android phone that looked like passport you'd have to buy the entire phone.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did that. But for all the reasons people have said here, they can't release a software fix to make your current passport run Android.

I imagine that since they have everything ready for bb10 passport production ready to go that switching over to an android version wouldn't be a big deal.

Not sure how current passport owners would feel about buying a whole new phone though.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2876 / T-Mobile USA
    01-15-16 08:43 AM
    If BlackBerry did release an Android phone that looked like passport you'd have to buy the entire phone.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did that. But for all the reasons people have said here, they can't release a software fix to make your current passport run Android.

I imagine that since they have everything ready for bb10 passport production ready to go that switching over to an android version wouldn't be a big deal.

Not sure how current passport owners would feel about buying a whole new phone though.

If it had slightly updated specs (better camera even),.. I would be ok with buying another Passport form factor.

Heck... lots of people that bought the original Passport bought the Silver Edition one and seemed very pleased with their decision.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 11:23 AM

Why they can't?
    Hardware is 100% android compatible. It's a snapdragon 801, same as Lg G3, Moto X, HTC M8. So it could run it on current hardware. If Android OS would be available.

That's the only missing piece

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    01-15-16 11:26 AM
    Is it possible? : Yes
    Will it happen? : No
    </discussion>

Posted via CB10
    stuck_788 and Alvy Rage like this.
    01-15-16 11:28 AM
    If it had slightly updated specs (better camera even),.. I would be ok with buying another Passport form factor.

Heck... lots of people that bought the original Passport bought the Silver Edition one and seemed very pleased with their decision.

Posted via CB10
    I agree I think for a minimal investment that BlackBerry could sell a lot of those phones especially with a better camera.

01-15-16 01:26 PM
    Why they can't?
    Hardware is 100% android compatible. It's a snapdragon 801, same as Lg G3, Moto X, HTC M8. So it could run it on current hardware. If Android OS would be available.

That's the only missing piece

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    It does seem like it would be possible to do if BlackBerry wanted to do it. But then again there is no home button on the BB10 version of passport. And they couldn't modify Android for the Priv enough to use BB10 gestures and not have a home button. So maybe they really do need slightly different hardware.

I'd love to know what's possible.

Although I agree with the people saying that regardless of possibility BlackBerry won't do it. Maybe they think there is just nothing in it but hassle for them to provide such a service. No money in it.

I suspect if it's possible to be done it will be provided in a non official way.

01-15-16 01:33 PM
    Never heard of that one before, removed 32 bit support?
    Doubt that very much.

Posted via CB10
    Why would Android devs keep support up for 32 when no one is making 32-bit phones anymore?

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    01-15-16 02:46 PM
    There will be NO android version for your Passport or any BB10 phone. Second you can use most Android Apps only the apps from Google or the one with Google Service are mostly not working an be glad because you get extra monitoring from Google after the app it self checked you out.

All other Android apps working great and I also easing Android apps from my company with schedules, team information and work app to get free, to get my cost back for travelling or food. I also have spofity, netflix with hdmi can use it in Hotels.

Still I like to the Android runtime 6 with app permission for more controle on apps. So forget Android full OS on a BB10 device
    01-15-16 04:28 PM
    Why would Android devs keep support up for 32 when no one is making 32-bit phones anymore?

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    There are lots of 32 bit phones
    01-15-16 05:39 PM
    Not sure about BB10, but AFAIK for Android devices the foremost thing that's needed is a hole to exploit SU access. No hole = no SU = no custom ROM at all. Then, the bootloader needs to be cracked somehow (if not possible, then you're only able to boot custom ROM's that are slightly modified but still contain the official signatures).

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    LOL

That was Q for @cocoaptian . I know i have develop some of roms for masses and for my private use. And many Android devices don't need exploit anymore , bootloader is unlocked , and there is no "then you're only able to boot custom ROM's that are slightly modified" or is it or not , nothing else ! And best devices for that is Nexus , i think they are first that start selling devices with unlocked bootloader and you get all files for that on .
    01-15-16 06:34 PM
    I think the video that passport running andriod is true? Is there any developer in crackberry?

Posted via CB10
    Better luck by gluing R2-D2 on the Passport if you want a Droid on it

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 09:26 PM
    Is it possible? : Yes
    Will it happen? : No
    </discussion>

Posted via CB10

This.
    01-15-16 09:30 PM
    Some people love masses and the need to be part of it, wiser ones prefer to be out it some others instead are lost and need a Brand to feel part of the first raw to identify themselves

Really all that'd be required is an OS with the correct drivers and signed by BlackBerry for it to boot and run.

But why do you want android? We have BlackBerry 10

Posted from my Blackbeast
    01-19-16 08:45 PM
45 12